"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's looking at it from Walt's paranoid perspective and after the fact. Gus taking it is the last thing in Jesse's mind. No way Walt even thinks that Jessie would blame Gus before he blamed him.

I agree on your second point.

Well let's go by process of elimination then.

If the kid didn't take it, there is only 3 places he could've "lost" it. Home, the lab or Saul's. That's the only 3 places he was all day.

He assumes Saul's, because let's go with what you said. Why assume Gus?

Walt convinces him Gus knows about the ricin....after all he did make it in Gus's lab, and Gus has cameras everywhere. Also, as Walt points out, they could easily go through Jesse's shyt when he's cooking. They team up, and take down Gus.

Then Walt plants the fake ricin in his house.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Naw you can't take into account what Mike said as having merit in that sense. Mike was pissed that Walt fukked everything up which was a fact. Doesn't mean that Walt was safe or that Mike even cared that Walt was safe or not. Also Mike doesn't call the shots. I can see Mike trying to let bygones be bygones and telling that to Gus, but Gus don't take orders from Mike. That 3 chemist thing doesn't mean anything to Walt, plus Gale & Max never did anything to get on Gus's bad side. Walt knows without a doubt that when he leasts expects it, he's a dead man.

Maybe. It's open to interpretation really. :manny:

What's funny is Walt would've been expecting to die from cancer a few months in the future anyway. Obviously he didn't know that then though.

Fred.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw you can't take into account what Mike said as having merit in that sense. Mike was pissed that Walt fukked everything up which was a fact. Doesn't mean that Walt was safe or that Mike even cared that Walt was safe or not. Also Mike doesn't call the shots. I can see Mike trying to let bygones be bygones and telling that to Gus, but Gus don't take orders from Mike. That 3 chemist thing doesn't mean anything to Walt, plus Gale & Max never did anything to get on Gus's bad side. Walt knows without a doubt that when he leasts expects it, he's a dead man.

i think it was gus intentions on having a revolving door on the chemist shyt. hire a chemist, hire an assistant, kill off the main chemist, replace with assistant when he's learned the process and formula; repeat cycle.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
cant believe some of yall arent enjoying this shyt because of one stretch in the story line. For real, this might be the most epic season of television and your pissy because you dont feel its 100% believable? shyts fiction, relax.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
i think it was gus intentions on having a revolving door on the chemist shyt. hire a chemist, hire an assistant, kill off the main chemist, replace with assistant when he's learned the process and formula; repeat cycle.

:whoa: Gus a G and all, but he's too pragmatic to be offing rare & elite chemists for shyts & giggles. He searches too long and hard for these chemists and invests too much into them and also needs to find one that is willing to be a criminal and be trusthworthy. Walt just crossed dude 1 too many times.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: Gus a G and all, but he's too pragmatic to be offing rare & elite chemists for shyts & giggles. He searches too long and hard for these chemists and invests too much into them and also needs to find one that is willing to be a criminal and be trusthworthy. Walt just crossed dude 1 too many times.

it's not for shyts and giggles, it's to make sure no one chemist has all of the leverage and knowledge of the formula. i think that meant a lot to him, which is why i've always believed gus slit that one guys neck not just because he was stepped in gales apartment. but because he took it upon himself to ear hustle the formula and attempt a cook -- he overstepped his bounds; metaphorically and physically.

then again, there's really no proof of what i'm saying. just how i took the whole dynamic.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
cant believe some of yall arent enjoying this shyt because of one stretch in the story line. For real, this might be the most epic season of television and your pissy because you dont feel its 100% believable? shyts fiction, relax.

I'm actually enjoying the season quite alot. I'm not even heated about the scene like that, I just though it was a reach and it didn't feel right. I'm only arguing because this show has great writing and is fun to talk about. I wouldn't even think to go in on a show like Sons of Anarchy or Dexter like this. Them shows aint worthy of that type of attention to detail. I actually appreciate Hex for being able to debate any plot point on the show in a detailed and knowledgeable fashon.

I know some posters are here to slight BB to boost their favorite show. I feel like I'm capable of being objective about all of these shows.

Well maybe not the Wire:mjpls:

That's the Goat playboi:youngsabo:

Don't even question it:ufdup:

I'm different though, I'm aint stanning, just speaking facts.:jawalrus:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
it's not for shyts and giggles, it's to make sure no one chemist has all of the leverage and knowledge of the formula. i think that meant a lot to him, which is why i've always believed gus slit that one guys neck not just because he was stepped in gales apartment. but because he took it upon himself to ear hustle the formula and attempt a cook -- he overstepped his bounds; metaphorically and physically.

then again, there's really no proof of what i'm saying. just how i took the whole dynamic.

It was confirmed that Victor was killed because he was seen at the scene of a murder by several witnesses. Gus was gearing up to kill Victor before he even started showing off how he could cook Walt's recipe.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was confirmed that Victor was killed because he was seen at the scene of a murder by several witnesses. Gus was gearing up to kill Victor before he even started showing off how he could cook Walt's recipe.
that's fine but even walt, while he was ontop of his empire, said he wondered if gus killed victor because he overstepped his bounds. so it's not like the writers didn't put those tones out there as well

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@marcuz

Walt said that because he was looking for an excuse to tell Jesse "Mike needs to chill out before he gets killed" after their money argument.

The primary reason Victor died was because he was seen at the scene of the crime in season 4, ep 1 like Black Ball said. You can tell this because #1 go back and look at Mike's face when Victor says people seen him. He's :beli:

Then #2 in season 4, ep 8 Gus sees Victor's picture in the DEA office when he goes to talk to Hank:

victor_zps5051e969.png

It was only a matter of time before they picked Victor up.

Fred.

Last edited:

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
Gus and Walt's personalities were meant to clash! Gus in many ways was smarter than Walt but he knew in some ways Walt was smarter than him.

For example the scene where Gus invites Walt over and makes that soup, he says he wonders how the right ingredients assembled in a particular way can bring back memories. Walt's scientific problem solving mind has a quick easy sensible explanation in a few seconds about the hippo campus brain area.

Gus was like :lupe:

They both knew better than to have blind faith that the other wouldn't try to cancel their own life.

And we also know how incredibly self absorbed Walt can be and that's why he took Victor's death as a personal message.

I think Gus took Walt's full measure in the season 3 finale as a sign that he would become a big problem sooner than later :smugdraper:

*ding *ding *ding *ding :birdman::merchant:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
For the coli detectives , Walt is using the ricin on Hank. If you watch blood money again when crashes his car and goes home, Marie says to him he should gotten checked out at the emergency room to rule out a heart attack. Well hank in haste to bust Walt forgoes that and well he has a history of panic attacks that he never gets checked out. From season 1 all the way to now, he has them well one of the effects of ricin is looks like a heart attack, rip Hank, you will be messed.