"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
more far fetched than the train heist or magnetic uhaul? nah :heh:

i still dont grasp what's so hard to understand about this.
more far fetched than both. train heist was unrealistic from physics point of view but otherwise everything was legit
magnetic uhaul...was again not quite consistent with physics and was a bit contrived idea, but again straightforward

walt doing a whole ton of crazy shyt that would pay off once in a lifetime if stars aligned right just to get jesses loyalty ....is the weakest subplot there is in the show, imo

well that and the twin terminator bros ...mainly cuz I hate cartoon ass characters

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

Just skimming through the last few pages because I don't want to get spoiled on anything... but I remember thinking how that whole Brock/poisoning situation played out was the biggest reach in the series to that point. And I'm not saying "reach" as in the most outlandish shyt to go down, but as in one of the most important things to go down that wasn't thoroughly connected/explained like everything else has been. Now, that scenario had me completely blown. I get that Walt did it, but yeah... not even going to get into that one. :laugh:

But I'll say this, that particular part of the series is more far fetched than Jessie figuring it all out in this last episode. And that's why my stance on the people disagreeing with how he came to that revelation is that you can't complain more about that scene happening than you did when Walt mysteriously poisoned Brock.

I'm seeing more outcry online from Jessie figuring everything out than when Walt poisoned the kid and it wasn't shown how he did it.

This is still my favorite show though, so I'm a just enjoy the ride while it's still airing
:win:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Has Breaking Bad had any flashbacks at all? I'm trying to remember. If not then that should give some reasoning behind why Brock's poisoning wasn't shown/explained thoroughly

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
So whats the whole point of analyzing every little mistake or issue with BB? I understand wishing they had gone more in depth or tweaked something here or there, but many of you seem far too emotionally invested in it. Is the end game to prove the Wire or Sopranos(or whatever show you love) is better then Breaking Bad? If so :camby:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Has Breaking Bad had any flashbacks at all? I'm trying to remember. If not then that should give some reasoning behind why Brock's poisoning wasn't shown/explained thoroughly
Yeah they flashed back to Walt in college talking chrmistry with his girl in season 1...right before he killed crazy 8 I think

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
BB is such a great show that the fans are split for who to cheer for :heh:

team skylar starting to catch up to you nikkas. she might end up being the realist bytch yet :umad:
teamwalt just dropped Takeover--some real fact, mixed with embellishments

teamhank laying back, collecting dirt on y'all doggie, and puttin together that napalm :scheme:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To the guy who says it's not a plothole. You are wrong. My nikka, I couldn't have a TV show, where I wanted to murder someone who is in Protective custody, and know my life depends on killing this guy in PC. And then skip to the guy dead in PC with 24 hour security and never show how I killed the guy. You people kill me. That is a plothole. You have to show how it was possible Walt poisoned this kid. Jesus. Man.

One of the reasons I bet they didn't show how he poisoned the kid, is because they really didn't know how they could pull off that feat. So they glossed over it, and hoped the audience would just go with it. Which most of you did.
this is a HORRIBLE analogy

its completely inconsequential how walt poisoned brock, LOL @ comparing that to offing someone who is in protective custody

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But I'll say this, that particular part of the series is more far fetched than Jessie figuring it all out in this last episode. And that's why my stance on the people disagreeing with how he came to that revelation is that you can't complain more about that scene happening than you did when Walt mysteriously poisoned Brock.

This, 100%. I was on SOHH in the season 4 thread. NOBODY had a problem with that shyt when it aired. People were :whoo: the ep after that, because it was "Face Off".

But we're 5 eps away from it ending....a lot of people consider it the GOAT so others are going to look at it with a magnifying glass....and this show picked up a fukk ton of casual viewers between season 4-5A/B....so it is what it is.

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Maybe it was old Joe who gave Brock the ricin, he seems like a guy who would do anything for the right price.I still think it was Saul secretary, she was shredding Brock school schedule and did demand 25 k from Walt, she is no angel for sure.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the thing that bothers me is how people seemingly forgot jesse charged into walts home and pulled a gun on him

i know people are saying "but it wasn't ricin, how would jesse even know" -- BECAUSE HE ALREADY SUSPECTED IT. the huell lifting his cigs a second time made him realize he wasn't crazy and walt mysteriously finding the ricin in his vacuum was another convenient lie. after re-watching the last episode, i realized no one is focusing on the opening scene. y'all should rewatch that interrogation between hank and jesse and analyze it. the main msg hank was trying to drill home was "hey, i can tell you've also been hurt by walt. my brother has been lying to my face for over a year. you know what that's like don't you?"

this is essentially why jesse is pissed off the most, the con walts been playing on him since his full transformation into heisenberg; the con he's continuing to play. i think a lot of it would be cooled if walt had the nuts to admit he killed mike. all of that boiled over when jesse realized huell had been in his pockets twice now. so he goes to saul to confirm his suspicions and it's confirmed.

now ill give ppl their pt, they dont actually explain show or explain how walt poisoned him. but jesse understands brock being poisoned immediately benefited walt w/the gus situation. we'll see how writers handle it next episode though :ld: