"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
3l4d.png

The fukk is going on in here????

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just read the last 40 pages of ricin arguing, but no one has explained who Todd is yet

seriously though, who is todd the gawd :lupe: dude is pretty mysterious and has some serious respect for walt. based todd is going to play a pivotal role in the last few episodes.:blessed:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To the guy who says it's not a plothole. You are wrong. My nikka, I couldn't have a TV show, where I wanted to murder someone who is in Protective custody, and know my life depends on killing this guy in PC. And then skip to the guy dead in PC with 24 hour security and never show how I killed the guy. You people kill me. That is a plothole. You have to show how it was possible Walt poisoned this kid. Jesus. Man.

One of the reasons I bet they didn't show how he poisoned the kid, is because they really didn't know how they could pull off that feat. So they glossed over it, and hoped the audience would just go with it. Which most of you did.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To the guy who says it's not a plothole. You are wrong. My nikka, I couldn't have a TV show, where I wanted to murder someone who is in Protective custody, and know my life depends on killing this guy in PC. And then skip to the guy dead in PC with 24 hour security and never show how I killed the guy. You people kill me. That is a plothole. You have to show how it was possible Walt poisoned this kid. Jesus. Man.

One of the reasons I bet they didn't show how he poisoned the kid, is because they really didn't know how they could pull off that feat. So they glossed over it, and hoped the audience would just go with it. Which most of you did.

It's not a plot hole by the definition of the term plot hole. If you have a problem with it fine, but you can't assign your own personal definition to it and expect people to :manny:

And the shyt you're describing isn't the same as what happened. If Gus wound up dead and it was never explained how, that would be comparable to what you're saying. Because that was actually the point of the story arc. That would be a plot hole because Walt and Jesse's entire existence was hinged on Gus's fate.

The kid being poisoned in and of itself wasn't some kind of major on-going story arc. Ergo, how he was poisoned is irrelevant. He could've came down with food poisoning, if Walt stole the ricin at the same time the result would be exactly the same, which is Jesse suspecting foul play, either from Walt or Gus. A plot hole would be if Jesse randomly :yeshrug: and turned against Gus, for no apparent reason. You were given a reason why he turned against Gus.

Like I said before, I hope to God you never watch "The Sopranos". They have more open ended, unexplained shyt in 1 season than "BB" does in it's entire run, and nobody ever called them "plot holes".

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it is a plot hole. This is something i know about intimately. You can not get a character out of a situation like that, and not show how that happens. Walt's life did hinge on that. If Brock is NOT poisoned, Walt never gets Jesse on his side again and he is as good as dead.

You are now trying to justify your reasoning. Trying to make your point fit what you believe to be a plot hole or not. It is a plot hole. Walt's story arc, and the arc of Gus getting killed is all hinged on Jesse believing Brock is poisoned. Without Brock being poisoned Walt is a dead man. He needed Jesse on his side. Without Brock being poisoned that never happens.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No it is a plot hole. This is something i know about intimately. You can not get a character out of a situation like that, and not show how that happens. Walt's existence did hing on that. If Brock is NOT poisoned, Walt never gets Jesse on his side again and he is as good as dead.

You're contradicting yourself.

You said if Brock isn't poisoned....but he was. Your problem isn't that he wasn't poisoned, it's that they didn't show you a step-by-step explanation of how. Which has nothing to do with anything, because we know he was poisoned and Walt orchestrated it.

Do me a favor, go watch "Pine Barrens" from "The Sopranos". I'm sure you'll think that's a "plot hole" too.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I'm not contradicting myself. You're so obsessed with BB you see no fault in it. In No narrative structure can you graze over such an important plot point and not show it happen. Dog, you're trying to justify the end result of Brock being poisoned, by saying it doesn't matter how it happened. Which is bullshyt in screenwriting. Man you will find an excuse for everything. And quit bringing up The Sopranos. you were the one having a bytchfest because I brought up the Wire when comparing it to BB. Be consistent at least.

Hex by your rational, there was no reason to show how Walt had the 11 inmates killed. They could've just showed the guys dead. Because all that mattered was the result.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
http://emiliajordan.com/2012/07/31/...ock-and-what-happened-to-the-ricin-cigarette/

UPDATE: At the 2013 Comic-Con Vince Gilligan explained exactly how he and the writers imagined Walt got the poison to Brock, and it wasn’t, as I had thought, through Saul. Instead they pictured Walt as the “Evil Juice Box Man” going into Brock’s school and giving him a juice box that had juice from the poison berries. And if you’ll look closely at episode 413 “Face Off” (thanks to Greg below for pointing this out), when Walt busts into Saul’s office, Francesca is shredding school schedules. It’s a big spreadsheet of classes and times but there are notes on the side that seem to be one student’s personal schedule, most likely Brock’s. So, kudos to the writers on including that little detail, and again to Greg for noticing that what’s was being shredded. End of update.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't use that interview to prove a point as Hex pointed out that was just an IDEA of how it could've happened.