"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
ill just post what other ppl have written cuz i gotta go to bed:

"
People don't seem to understand how the realization occurred but I explained it in a different thread and people said I did so in a way that made sense.

People's biggest confusion seems to be that Brock was not poisoned from ricin, but lily of the valley, so how was ricin connected to it in the first place?

The ricin cigarette was not stolen to poison Brock, the ricin cigarette was stolen while Brock was simultaneously poisoned by Lily of the Valley, to make Jesse believe he was poisoned by Ricin.

This caused Jesse to suspect Walt, which created a confrontation, which allowed Walt to turn Jesse against Gus, which is ultimately what caused Walt to have the information of Hector Salamanca, which is how he was able to defeat Gus. Walt needed something to occur that would turn Jesse against Gus. The belief that someone poisoned Brock with ricin is what convinced Jesse that Gus was evil.

So, as it plays out, it turns out Brock was likely not poisoned at all, and was instead simply getting into some native plant that showed ricin-like symptoms. This confuses Jesse, as the timing of the poisoning combined with him simultaneously losing his ricin cigarette really raised some suspicions. This caused him to go nuts and tear his house apart looking for the ricin cigarette, because the whole situation seems very fishy.

Walt places a fake ricin-containing cigarette in the roomba, clearing up that loose end of Jesse's doubt of the situation. It's obvious Jesse still has his doubts that such a major coincidence could occur that ultimately caused him to go against Gus.

So, flash forward to Huell lifting the weed, Jesse suddenly realizes that the ricin cigarette WAS lifted off of him (also, keep in mind that we watched season four nearly 2 years ago, but the event only takes place about 10 episodes ago at the end of season 4.) The significance of the ricin being lifted off of him is that it WAS NOT a coincidence that Brock was poisoned by lily of the valley when he "lost" the cigarette, meaning that him losing the cigarette was a necessary part of the plan for Walt to manipulate him.

Jesse realizes that Walt was playing him. He may not know the full extent to why or how, but he realized that the cigarette he "lost" was actually taken from him, and that's enough for him to realize he was being played."

In case anyone is wondering, here is the dialogue from the season 4 episode "End Times" where Jesse figures out exactly what happened, but Walt talks him out of it. This is how Jesse came to the realization so quickly in this episode, because he already figured it out before:

JESSE: I had it. I had the cigarette with the ricin in my pack this morning. The last time I saw Brock was last night. And this morning I switched the cigarette into a new pack. There's no way Brock took it himself!

WALT: Jesse, you're not thinking clearly, listen, you said it yourself, that you had it this morning. Then when could I have possibly gotten it?

JESSE: You...you had Saul do it. Yeah. Yeah. I went to his office. He called me in, just had to see me today. His big man mountain bodyguard patted me down, that's when he must have stole it off me right? That's the plan, was that the plan?

see now THATS a good explanation. u and hexagram cleared it up for me. basically walt wanted to create that confrontation and prayed that he could change jesse's feeble mind which he did. it was a huge risk but it worked out.

:salute:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I watched sopranos. I been let the Brock thing go as has most but since this episode revisited it people want to discuss it .
I thought it was known that Saul secretary Francesca poisoned Brock. She had his school schedule remember? She also is the one who made the call to Hank and told him that Marie was in a car wreck, She was also in the-office shredding evidence when Walt burst in the door and demand 20 grand for the busted window, she did that because she stuck her neck and did the deed. She could be a parent going to the school to check on her child and did the job, but matter of fact that she had his schedule shows she was there and did it for Walt. Walt was under siege at that point and was in house ready for Gus to come by.
1352_m.jpg
2itju5t.jpg

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no way Saul's secretary could've poisoned Brock. If she did it goes against everything all the Breaking bad experts have been saying. They all said Saul did not know Walt was going to poison the kid.

Also Vince Gilligan already said that in their eyes Walt snick in and poisoned the kid somehow.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Did Hank really spoil the series?

i just saw a Gawker post on my fb saying he got sick of fans and spoiled the series..obv i'm too shook to click the link..but i can easily see it being a hoe ass joke.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
There's no way Saul's secretary could've poisoned Brock. If she did it goes against everything all the Breaking bad experts have been saying. They all said Saul did not know Walt was going to poison the kid.

Also Vince Gilligan already said that in their eyes Walt snick in and poisoned the kid somehow.
Saul had a gun in face and took a beating from Jesse he knew what the deal was, why have his secretary shred the files?

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

nah man it's just it's a "funny or die" clip where he "spoils" the ending.... meant to be a joke ...

basically..NOT A SPOILER JUST A FUNNY OR DIE CLIP
heres what he says..

According to Norris, his character Hank Schrader at last catches Walter White, who then praises the DEA agent for his superb policing skills. Hank attributes this to the minerals he's been collecting, and also notes that a side effect includes "reverse baldness" and reveals a flowing blonde mane of hair. White then tells his brother-in-law that Skyler has always loved him more, and then shoots himself
http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bbJxak64Kr4kEzacwqm_6l&u=RollingStone

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
nah man it's just it's a "funny or die" clip where he "spoils" the ending.... meant to be a joke ...

basically..NOT A SPOILER JUST A FUNNY OR DIE CLIP
heres what he says..

According to Norris, his character Hank Schrader at last catches Walter White, who then praises the DEA agent for his superb policing skills. Hank attributes this to the minerals he's been collecting, and also notes that a side effect includes "reverse baldness" and reveals a flowing blonde mane of hair. White then tells his brother-in-law that Skyler has always loved him more, and then shoots himself
:blessed: i was hoping..i just wasnt trying to take that L by reading too far and seeing that it wasnt a joke or something. thanks breh :myman:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah that's Vince's answer
I thought it was known that Saul secretary Francesca poisoned Brock. She had his school schedule remember? She also is the one who made the call to Hank and told him that Marie was in a car wreck, She was also in the-office shredding evidence when Walt burst in the door and demand 20 grand for the busted window, she did that because she stuck her neck and did the deed. She could be a parent going to the school to check on her child and did the job, but matter of fact that she had his schedule shows she was there and did it for Walt. Walt was under siege at that point and was in house ready for Gus to come by.
1352_m.jpg
2itju5t.jpg
Naw Vince said Walt did it . And I doubt he'd trust that to her for fear she kills the kid plus why was Walt acting nervous that Brock might remember him when they met

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think people are reading too much into Vince's explanation of that scene from the Comic-Con panel. If that one guy hadn't asked, there'd be no reason to mention the rough outline of what they came up with. Because that's all it is, a rough outline. They also came up with a different version of the same plot line, where Brock is kidnapped:

wTsYebjq-TSFIo9LUPELz-Hy2hI7cVKtvm-uzY3EYt0JtITpC8WK5JCr1W7HrxItr2RZ8TSkS-LSM3Ks3o8w1k-650x487.jpeg

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/breaking-bad-writers-room-photos/

That's a plot outline for season 4, ep 12-13. Which obviously never happened because they changed it. So people sitting here like :wtf: "how did Walt get into his school"....that's not necessarily what happened, that's one of the things they thought of. It's not meant to be canon, and will most likely never be fully explained.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i understand why jesse is mad............BUT Y DID HUELL TAKE HIS WEED FOR??!?!:damn: Was it a particular reason :lupe:

@hexagram23 @obarth

The guy relocating him wouldn't do it if he had contraband, IE, anything illegal on him. Weed for example. It wasn't explained why, but when a guy is breaking several Federal laws to give you a new identity, you don't have much room to ask "why?".

Anyway, Saul tells him "hand over the weed" and Jesse refuses. Saul goes into the other room "to get a bag for the money". That's obviously when he tells Huell to steal the weed.

Fred.