"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If he said junkies aren't to be trusted and as a 'businessman' takes into account liabilities/risks, why is he willing to make jess (an impulsive methhead) his lead chemist?

I see what you mean but isnt gus character the hustler type? Walter is worth more to him alive and cooking than dead, right? I was even thinking at one point that perhaps guss just wanted to double production and have walt across the boarder cookin whilst jess stayed cookin at the main distribution front, but no, he outright wants to kill walter on some vindictive sht. I mean, Its true walter can be impulsive but jessie is ten times more impulsive and is a fckin fiend, so why is he keeping Jess alive as oppose to walter? His actions make no sense imo, but perhaps thats what the director wants me to believe.

Long story short, because Jesse is easily manipulated and Walt is a loose cannon.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I just rewatched that scene because of this discussion.

Jessie bursts in, and goes apeshyt. He says, "You stole it off me... you and him took it right out of my pocket". Saul then says yeah, he took his weed because he didn't want anything to go wrong at the drop with the guy that makes people disappear. Then Jessie says that he's not talking about the weed, that he was talking about the ricin laced cig... AND he then goes into how Walt used it to poison a kid.

NOW that's when Saul explains that yes, he did it, but he didn't have a clue what it was going to used for. He even says Walt told him he was doing it to help Jessie and that had he known what he was doing with it he wouldn't have. So, nah... Saul prolly didn't know shyt about Brock getting poisoned by Walt until that moment when Jessie told him.

Saul had to know at least a little bit of Walt's plans at some point because season 8, ep 1 he tells Walt "I never would've went along with this if I knew the kid would end up in the hospital". It's the same scene as "we're done when I say we're done".

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Saul had to know at least a little bit of Walt's plans at some point because season 8, ep 1 he tells Walt "I never would've went along with this if I knew the kid would end up in the hospital". It's the same scene as "we're done when I say we're done".

Fred.
Well, he probably put that together after Walt did what he did.

But initially, when Walt told Saul that he needed to lift those sigs off of Jessie, I highly doubt he thought he was doing so to poison a kid. Which is why all of what Saul said in the last episode sounds believable to me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
jesse was so dumb he didnt even bring up to walt the fact that gus didnt poison the kid and ask him why he pushed that angle when it wasnt true etc, he just looked past all that other shyt without questioning it but he put all this together, while high, because someone took his weed? jesse became the man in gus lab, walt got jesse on his side by saying his boss tried to kill a kid, jesse tells walt where to he can kill gus, turns out gus had zero to do with it and jesse couldnt even make that basic connection that he was walts pawn, yet suddenly is sherlock holmes when his weed goes missing :dead:

:what:

You cats need a re-watch.

All Jesse had to piece together was he got pick-pocketed twice. Huell took his weed the same way he accused him of taking the ricin.

And Walt planted the cigarette in his Roomba, so instead of Jesse thinking Walt is some mastermind, he just chalked it up to his own idiocy for almost killing Mr. White. He had no reason to further examine what happened until later in season 5, when he started to notice Walt lying his ass off and manipulating everyone around him.

Then Huell picks his pocket. Directly after a scene where Jesse is accusing Walt of nonstop manipulating him....which is the exact same accusations he made against Walt in the first place, concerning the ricin.

Fred.

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
That's what I think. Plus Saul seems to know all types of people considering his not so legit business.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Somebody answer a question for me, doe: does Walt Jr post on the coli? I ask because Marie apparently thinks that nikka has his IT certs since she was asking him to come through and work on her Compaq Presario. What dude making six figures is pushing a PT Cruiser on these ABQ streets in 2013? What kind of boss is that, Flynn? Plus I've seen Jr's struggle websites, on some Geocities shyt. He ain't getting those computers putin:stopitslime:

Gotdayum! I'm dying over here :russ::russ:

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
3l4d.png
Y'all nikkas gon learn to respect the king. What does the talented Mr. Alquist have to do for you to get y'all minds right? Keep tryna deny da gawds legacy and he's gonna find out your identity and give you a supreme ultimatum, brehs. If he puts you on his list it's a wrap. Todd doesn't show any good will when he's hunting your ass:wow: If he brings that war to your door there'll be no saving private Ziggiy. Todd doesn't operate under the same moral dogma as y'all nikkas. You think you got that true grit talking grimey online, but you'll soon be departed to those Elysian Fields and there's no bureau to adjust that:ufdup: Somebody answer a question for me, doe: does Walt Jr post on the coli? I ask because Marie apparently thinks that nikka has his IT certs since she was asking him to come through and work on her Compaq Presario. What dude making six figures is pushing a PT Cruiser on these ABQ streets in 2013? What kind of boss is that, Flynn? Plus I've seen Jr's struggle websites, on some Geocities shyt. He ain't getting those computers putin:stopitslime: @hexagram23 you better holla at your boy Trent at Garduño's, breh. He dropped off those waters but never came back to elaborate on that guacamole. I know dude didn't get a tip that night. Marie was grimey during that little exchange though. Told Walt to go play hop scotch in rush hour traffic while wearing Flynn's crutches. Straight asked Walt where do your lies end when does the truth begin. Explains why she was tryna steal Holly's babyseat last week:scusthov: Walt dropped those confessions like Usher in his prime. You mean to tell me Hank's been behind this the whole time, brehs?:dwillhuh: Hank is the one who knocks? This dude is running the meth game in the southwest United States and brewing some of the finest craft beer at the same damn time? Schraderbräu is sweeping the nation:damn: You're telling me Hank is enlisting elderly Mexican men to commit suicide bombings? And yet it's still dudes out here rooting against my man Walter Hartwell White? Walt is like those Manhattan project dudes. Victims of circumstance. Powerful men took advantage of their scientific minds to do horrily demonic things.
3pz7.png
Only a truly compassionate, sincerely good man like Mr. White would pay the hospital bills of a monster like Hank. If not for Walt, Hank would be pushing that Stephen Hawking whip without the Siri support. That iPhone 4.0 wheelchair. Do them shyts even got leathers?
rklf.png
And how does Hank repay him? Death threats. For shame. I knew Hank was nothing but bad news when he took a shyt in Walt's toilet and didn't flush. Straight villain shyt. But seriously, how y'all Walt haters feeling right now?
rmh.png
Da gawds treating Hank like Jigga's man treated him after he stabbed Un. Hank thought his injuries were covered by ObamaCare or something. Marie had to break that news. Checkmate, nikkas
4p05.png
This dude Jesse's tryna get froggy now over some Newports? Walt keeps Coca Cola guns ready for just this type of circumstance. He opened that vending machine and took out a piece looking like it came straight out of Mr. Freeze's arsenal. Jesse better hope Walt gets to him before Huell does though. This is the second time he dissed my man Lavell and didn't pass the spliff his way. Then he had the audacity to point a gun at da gawd just cause he stole his green?:why: Huell had 5 on it. You guys are over here expecting some epic showdown between Walt and Jesse, but just when jesse's about to light that match and set the roof on fire like a house party from Art Barr's younger days, he's gonna look up and see Huell standing at the front door looking at him like
30413-b60ca72328636352c321973f7e05d567.jpg
On point as usual but that Art Barr line :whew:

I+can+t+stop+laughing+at+that+gif+I+m+literally+crying+_0a3b441c09cc3bcd59fc5eee414b263b.gif

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Todd and the Nazis have a part to play in the ending of this show. The fact that it showed them going into New Mexico has to mean something. Todd mentioning the train heist story about Mr. White and "the skinny guy" (Jesse) has to mean something as well. One prediction:

Todd keeps messing up the cook an starts to worry Lydia to the point that she goes to look for Walt, only to find out that Walt "disappeared" (is now living in the Granite State - New Hampshire) which leads her and the Nazis to go after Jesse to produce a better quality product. Throughout the entire series Walt has always had this Achilles heel for saving Jesse from danger, so he somehow finds out that Jesse has been forced back into cooking and attempts to save him from Lydia and the Nazis as some type of redemption to Jesse for all of his manipulations towards him because despite these manipulations, I think Walter looks at Jesse as a son. After saving Jesse, Jesse then kills Walter as payback and the show ends.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well, he probably put that together after Walt did what he did.

But initially, when Walt told Saul that he needed to lift those sigs off of Jessie, I highly doubt he thought he was doing so to poison a kid. Which is why all of what Saul said in the last episode sounds believable to me.

Yeah, definitely. In this ep Saul even says "he told me he was saving you, that he was protecting you!". Walt probably told him "hey, Jesse has this ricin, it's dangerous, I need you to get it off him before he makes a big mistake" and Saul :manny:

Then the kid comes up poisoned. Even if Saul didn't know for sure Walt did it, he does mention it in season 5, ep 1, and Walt doesn't deny it.

Fred.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
There is all kinds of possible scenarios where someone obviously high and/or smelling like weed could draw the attention of the police and/or the TSA. Especially if you're heading to the airport at some point in the near future. Jesse gets busted with a fake ID, birth certificate, all kinds of illegal documents after the drop off....over some weed? You think he'd keep his mouth shut? All that shyt is at the very least 3rd degree felonies.

Having $150,000 isn't a crime. Worst case scenario they confiscate it and at some point in the future you get audited if you can't prove you lawfully earned it.

Fred.

He would've reeked of marijuana anyway. He had it on him and smoked already. Who's to tell if he'd travel to Alaska immediately. It would take time for the carrier to get everything together to "erase" him.

It seems convenient that Saul makes him put the joint out and then allow him to put the bag back in his pocket. Why not just make him dump it himself before leaving the office instead of having Huell steal it from him? Who's to say that was Jesse's only drug on his person? Why not search him?

Jesse was just picked up for having $2.5 million on him. Why even risk allowing Jesse to walk out by himself with another bag of drug money? If the carrier is so cautious wouldn't he want to minimize his risk on all fronts?

I think my biggest gripe is with the carrier. Maybe I'll get more clarification on how the process works when Walt makes the call.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Dude. Watch the whole seasons again....Walt was always very loyal to Jesse3 more than Jesse loyal to Walt. Walt always have to keep Jesse in check and always gave him some good advice yet Jesse didn't listen and always screwed up and Walt had to clean his mess. Jesse threatened Walt several times like he would rat him out when he got beaten up by Hank.

Im pretty sure Walt genuinely doesnt want to hurt him, but I know he's capable of it. Jesse was right to be suspicious of Walt but Walt wasn't entirely insincere. He did want him to have a fresh start and a better life.

You have to think again...I used to love Jesse but he's gettig on my damn nerve , but I can't stand him and his self-destructive self anymore. He's so worried about kids but yet he goes dumping gasoline in a house where an infant and disabled boy live. Sure Walt has done some pretty nasty things, but almost everything he's done has been neccessary to save his life. What was he supposed to do, lay there and die? The only thing Walt has ever really done that didn't seem necessary to save his own self was killing Mike.

And Jesse, was Walt "working" you when he risked his own life and ran down dealers that would have certainly blown your head off?. EVERYTHING started to go bad way back to the Gus Fring days because of JESSE's actions.

And you guys supporting Jesse had me :what:

:clap:

And I'm not cheering for anyone on this show.
Objectively speaking, Walt's worse thing was keeping Jesse around. Gus told him never to trust a junkie and don't make the same mistake twice, which both were references to Jesse and now it's possible that the very partner he got out of so much trouble, even put his life on the line for, is going to be his downfall. Every since that incident in season 3 where Jesse got high and tried to take out those two gangbangers by himself, things have been going downhill for Walt. I doubt any of these events in season 4 or 5 would have taken place if Walt had let Gus take care of Jesse. Just saying. :manny:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Todd and the Nazis have a part to play in the ending of this show. The fact that it showed them going into New Mexico has to mean something. Todd mentioning the train heist story about Mr. White and "the skinny guy" (Jesse) has to mean something as well. One prediction:

Todd keeps messing up the cook an starts to worry Lydia to the point that she goes to look for Walt, only to find out that Walt "disappeared" (is now living in the Granite State - New Hampshire) which leads her and the Nazis to go after Jesse to produce a better quality product. Throughout the entire series Walt has always had this Achilles heel for saving Jesse from danger, so he somehow finds out that Jesse has been forced back into cooking and attempts to save him from Lydia and the Nazis as some type of redemption to Jesse for all of his manipulations towards him because despite these manipulations, I think Walter looks at Jesse as a son. After saving Jesse, Jesse then kills Walter as payback and the show ends.

you're prediction is :ehh:; so you've concluded that the hug was NOT the kiss of death, and Walt wasnt sending Jesse to Belize?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I didn't think I could dislike a character on this show more than skylar, but Marie is my most hated character now

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He would've reeked of marijuana anyway. He had it on him and smoked already. Who's to tell if he'd travel to Alaska immediately. It would take time for the carrier to get everything together to "erase" him.

It seems convenient that Saul makes him put the joint out and then allow him to put the bag back in his pocket. Why not just make him dump it himself before leaving the office instead of having Huell steal it from him? Who's to say that was Jesse's only drug on his person? Why not search him?

Jesse was just picked up for having $2.5 million on him. Why even risk allowing Jesse to walk out by himself with another bag of drug money? If the carrier is so cautious wouldn't he want to minimize his risk on all fronts?

I think my biggest gripe is with the carrier. Maybe I'll get more clarification on how the process works when Walt makes the call.

I doubt the carrier will ever be explained. They don't really need to. He could tell people something random like "no drugs" just to see if they can follow simple instructions. If they can't, no dice.

And Saul can't "make" Jesse do anything. He said "hand it over", he wouldn't, so he had Huell take it.

Lastly, a bag full of money has no paper trail. I hand you a bag full of money, the paper trail begins and ends with us. I wire you the money, write you a check, money order, send it through a 3rd party....it seems to me "money up front" is as minimal as you can get, as far as risks go.

Fred.