"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
lol u should go back and read the pages then. ppl explained that shyt
explained what? i read a handful of posts where people think jesse could reasonably come up with the conclusion walt poisoned brock. theres is absolutely no way he would come to that conclusion based on what we have seen on the show. he knows walt poisoned the kid? how? jesse himself said the kid was poisoned by a flower. he thought it was walt at first because suspected he used the ricin cig which was missing. not only did he find the "ricin" but it was moot because the kid was poisoned by a flower. how he suddenly figures out walt poisoned the kid with the flower was pretty fukking ridiculous, and is an drastic reach

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
3l4d.png
Y'all nikkas gon learn to respect the king. What does the talented Mr. Alquist have to do for you to get y'all minds right? Keep tryna deny da gawds legacy and he's gonna find out your identity and give you a supreme ultimatum, brehs. If he puts you on his list it's a wrap. Todd doesn't show any good will when he's hunting your ass:wow: If he brings that war to your door there'll be no saving private Ziggiy. Todd doesn't operate under the same moral dogma as y'all nikkas. You think you got that true grit talking grimey online, but you'll soon be departed to those Elysian Fields and there's no bureau to adjust that:ufdup: Somebody answer a question for me, doe: does Walt Jr post on the coli? I ask because Marie apparently thinks that nikka has his IT certs since she was asking him to come through and work on her Compaq Presario. What dude making six figures is pushing a PT Cruiser on these ABQ streets in 2013? What kind of boss is that, Flynn? Plus I've seen Jr's struggle websites, on some Geocities shyt. He ain't getting those computers putin:stopitslime: @hexagram23 you better holla at your boy Trent at Garduño's, breh. He dropped off those waters but never came back to elaborate on that guacamole. I know dude didn't get a tip that night. Marie was grimey during that little exchange though. Told Walt to go play hop scotch in rush hour traffic while wearing Flynn's crutches. Straight asked Walt where do your lies end when does the truth begin. Explains why she was tryna steal Holly's babyseat last week:scusthov: Walt dropped those confessions like Usher in his prime. You mean to tell me Hank's been behind this the whole time, brehs?:dwillhuh: Hank is the one who knocks? This dude is running the meth game in the southwest United States and brewing some of the finest craft beer at the same damn time? Schraderbräu is sweeping the nation:damn: You're telling me Hank is enlisting elderly Mexican men to commit suicide bombings? And yet it's still dudes out here rooting against my man Walter Hartwell White? Walt is like those Manhattan project dudes. Victims of circumstance. Powerful men took advantage of their scientific minds to do horrily demonic things.
3pz7.png
Only a truly compassionate, sincerely good man like Mr. White would pay the hospital bills of a monster like Hank. If not for Walt, Hank would be pushing that Stephen Hawking whip without the Siri support. That iPhone 4.0 wheelchair. Do them shyts even got leathers?
rklf.png
And how does Hank repay him? Death threats. For shame. I knew Hank was nothing but bad news when he took a shyt in Walt's toilet and didn't flush. Straight villain shyt. But seriously, how y'all Walt haters feeling right now?
rmh.png
Da gawds treating Hank like Jigga's man treated him after he stabbed Un. Hank thought his injuries were covered by ObamaCare or something. Marie had to break that news. Checkmate, nikkas
4p05.png
This dude Jesse's tryna get froggy now over some Newports? Walt keeps Coca Cola guns ready for just this type of circumstance. He opened that vending machine and took out a piece looking like it came straight out of Mr. Freeze's arsenal. Jesse better hope Walt gets to him before Huell does though. This is the second time he dissed my man Lavell and didn't pass the spliff his way. Then he had the audacity to point a gun at da gawd just cause he stole his green?:why: Huell had 5 on it. You guys are over here expecting some epic showdown between Walt and Jesse, but just when jesse's about to light that match and set the roof on fire like a house party from Art Barr's younger days, he's gonna look up and see Huell standing at the front door looking at him like
30413-b60ca72328636352c321973f7e05d567.jpg

tumblr_m5pho1y7at1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
explained what? i read a handful of posts where people think jesse could reasonably come up with the conclusion walt poisoned brock. theres is absolutely no way he would come to that conclusion based on what we have seen on the show. he knows walt poisoned the kid? how? jesse himself said the kid was poisoned by a flower. he thought it was walt at first because suspected he used the ricin cig which was missing. not only did he find the "ricin" but it was moot because the kid was poisoned by a flower. how he suddenly figures out walt poisoned the kid with the flower was pretty fukking ridiculous, and is an drastic reach

ill just post what other ppl have written cuz i gotta go to bed:

"
People don't seem to understand how the realization occurred but I explained it in a different thread and people said I did so in a way that made sense.

People's biggest confusion seems to be that Brock was not poisoned from ricin, but lily of the valley, so how was ricin connected to it in the first place?

The ricin cigarette was not stolen to poison Brock, the ricin cigarette was stolen while Brock was simultaneously poisoned by Lily of the Valley, to make Jesse believe he was poisoned by Ricin.

This caused Jesse to suspect Walt, which created a confrontation, which allowed Walt to turn Jesse against Gus, which is ultimately what caused Walt to have the information of Hector Salamanca, which is how he was able to defeat Gus. Walt needed something to occur that would turn Jesse against Gus. The belief that someone poisoned Brock with ricin is what convinced Jesse that Gus was evil.

So, as it plays out, it turns out Brock was likely not poisoned at all, and was instead simply getting into some native plant that showed ricin-like symptoms. This confuses Jesse, as the timing of the poisoning combined with him simultaneously losing his ricin cigarette really raised some suspicions. This caused him to go nuts and tear his house apart looking for the ricin cigarette, because the whole situation seems very fishy.

Walt places a fake ricin-containing cigarette in the roomba, clearing up that loose end of Jesse's doubt of the situation. It's obvious Jesse still has his doubts that such a major coincidence could occur that ultimately caused him to go against Gus.

So, flash forward to Huell lifting the weed, Jesse suddenly realizes that the ricin cigarette WAS lifted off of him (also, keep in mind that we watched season four nearly 2 years ago, but the event only takes place about 10 episodes ago at the end of season 4.) The significance of the ricin being lifted off of him is that it WAS NOT a coincidence that Brock was poisoned by lily of the valley when he "lost" the cigarette, meaning that him losing the cigarette was a necessary part of the plan for Walt to manipulate him.

Jesse realizes that Walt was playing him. He may not know the full extent to why or how, but he realized that the cigarette he "lost" was actually taken from him, and that's enough for him to realize he was being played."

In case anyone is wondering, here is the dialogue from the season 4 episode "End Times" where Jesse figures out exactly what happened, but Walt talks him out of it. This is how Jesse came to the realization so quickly in this episode, because he already figured it out before:

JESSE: I had it. I had the cigarette with the ricin in my pack this morning. The last time I saw Brock was last night. And this morning I switched the cigarette into a new pack. There's no way Brock took it himself!

WALT: Jesse, you're not thinking clearly, listen, you said it yourself, that you had it this morning. Then when could I have possibly gotten it?

JESSE: You...you had Saul do it. Yeah. Yeah. I went to his office. He called me in, just had to see me today. His big man mountain bodyguard patted me down, that's when he must have stole it off me right? That's the plan, was that the plan?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
jesse figures out not about the kid, but that walt lied to him about the ricin cig. which he used to get jesse on his side because walt convinced jesse it mustve been gus who got the cig and poisoned brock (I know, it does sound a bit far-fetched here)

but if gus didnt poison brock, there was only one person that couldve. and to be honest, we have to assume jesse was dumb before not to think on walt in the first place

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
ill just post what other ppl have written cuz i gotta go to bed:

"
People don't seem to understand how the realization occurred but I explained it in a different thread and people said I did so in a way that made sense.

People's biggest confusion seems to be that Brock was not poisoned from ricin, but lily of the valley, so how was ricin connected to it in the first place?

The ricin cigarette was not stolen to poison Brock, the ricin cigarette was stolen while Brock was simultaneously poisoned by Lily of the Valley, to make Jesse believe he was poisoned by Ricin.

This caused Jesse to suspect Walt, which created a confrontation, which allowed Walt to turn Jesse against Gus, which is ultimately what caused Walt to have the information of Hector Salamanca, which is how he was able to defeat Gus. Walt needed something to occur that would turn Jesse against Gus. The belief that someone poisoned Brock with ricin is what convinced Jesse that Gus was evil.

So, as it plays out, it turns out Brock was likely not poisoned at all, and was instead simply getting into some native plant that showed ricin-like symptoms. This confuses Jesse, as the timing of the poisoning combined with him simultaneously losing his ricin cigarette really raised some suspicions. This caused him to go nuts and tear his house apart looking for the ricin cigarette, because the whole situation seems very fishy.

Walt places a fake ricin-containing cigarette in the roomba, clearing up that loose end of Jesse's doubt of the situation. It's obvious Jesse still has his doubts that such a major coincidence could occur that ultimately caused him to go against Gus.

So, flash forward to Huell lifting the weed, Jesse suddenly realizes that the ricin cigarette WAS lifted off of him (also, keep in mind that we watched season four nearly 2 years ago, but the event only takes place about 10 episodes ago at the end of season 4.) The significance of the ricin being lifted off of him is that it WAS NOT a coincidence that Brock was poisoned by lily of the valley when he "lost" the cigarette, meaning that him losing the cigarette was a necessary part of the plan for Walt to manipulate him.

Jesse realizes that Walt was playing him. He may not know the full extent to why or how, but he realized that the cigarette he "lost" was actually taken from him, and that's enough for him to realize he was being played."

In case anyone is wondering, here is the dialogue from the season 4 episode "End Times" where Jesse figures out exactly what happened, but Walt talks him out of it. This is how Jesse came to the realization so quickly in this episode, because he already figured it out before:

JESSE: I had it. I had the cigarette with the ricin in my pack this morning. The last time I saw Brock was last night. And this morning I switched the cigarette into a new pack. There's no way Brock took it himself!

WALT: Jesse, you're not thinking clearly, listen, you said it yourself, that you had it this morning. Then when could I have possibly gotten it?

JESSE: You...you had Saul do it. Yeah. Yeah. I went to his office. He called me in, just had to see me today. His big man mountain bodyguard patted me down, that's when he must have stole it off me right? That's the plan, was that the plan?
yep, basically jesse had it as one of possibilities but he decided to trust walt there. now he knows that walt is a lying sack of sheissenberg and it finally hits him when he finds weed missing

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
so that whole contrived shyt is the explanation, or the sudden realization was just forced in to get to the endpoint. the latter sounds more accurate

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Why do you think he went to Saul first? Don't you think that was put there for more than explaining what he knew? He went to Saul to confirm his suspicions. Once Saul admitted that Walt set that up, it's not that big of a leap to figure he had something to do with the kid being hospitalized.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
so that whole contrived shyt is the explanation, or the sudden realization was just forced in to get to the endpoint. the latter sounds more accurate
obviously the weed stuff and his epiphany is a device to move the plot...otherwise jesse would already be chillin in alaska

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the whole Jesse smoking weed in Saul's office was a bit too contrived, i mean wasnt he just smoking ciggs for the time being, all of a sudden he shows up to Saul's office and just decides to blaze up.... Still dope episode though

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
jesse was so dumb he didnt even bring up to walt the fact that gus didnt poison the kid and ask him why he pushed that angle when it wasnt true etc, he just looked past all that other shyt without questioning it but he put all this together, while high, because someone took his weed? jesse became the man in gus lab, walt got jesse on his side by saying his boss tried to kill a kid, jesse tells walt where to he can kill gus, turns out gus had zero to do with it and jesse couldnt even make that basic connection that he was walts pawn, yet suddenly is sherlock holmes when his weed goes missing :dead:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
jesse was so dumb he didnt even bring up to walt the fact that gus didnt poison the kid and ask him why he pushed that angle when it wasnt true etc, he just looked past all that other shyt without questioning it but he put all this together, while high, because someone took his weed? jesse became the man in gus lab, walt got jesse on his side by saying his boss tried to kill a kid, jesse tells walt where to he can kill gus, turns out gus had zero to do with it and jesse couldnt even make that basic connection that he was walts pawn, yet suddenly is sherlock holmes when his weed goes missing :dead:
like ive said, the ricin line is prolly the most far-fetched one in the series. it would look better if jesse was always depicted dumb as fukk like he was in the beginning when writers were planning on offing him

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
like ive said, the ricin line is prolly the most far-fetched one in the series. it would look better if jesse was always depicted dumb as fukk like he was in the beginning when writers were planning on offing him
more far fetched than the train heist or magnetic uhaul? nah :heh:

i still dont grasp what's so hard to understand about this.