"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
idk if this has been covered or explained and there are way too many pages in this thread to go back and check, but i dont get the whole ricin/brock/lily of the valley thing.

why did walt take the ricin from jesse to begin with if he didnt use it? why not let jesse keep the ricin and still poison brock with the flower? he could have still made jesse think gus did it and jesse would have NO reason to suspect walt. maybe im missing something. :dwillhuh:
see its posts like this that are really bugging me, and those reviews obarth quoted

first off to the breh i quote here, this is nothing on you.

but here is where i have problems with some of the critiques im seeing

why did walt take the ricin from jesse to begin with if he didnt use it? why not let jesse keep the ricin and still poison brock with the flower? he could have still made jesse think gus did it and jesse would have NO reason to suspect walt. maybe im missing something.

no bruh, i dont know WHAT the fukk youre missing actually. he took the ricin to make jesse think gus poisoned the kid. youre confused why this happened, then in your next sentence you arbitrarily say he could have still made jesse think gus poisoned brock another way!??!

like... what in the fukk? :mindblown:

THIS was walts plan to to PRICISELY do that

why cant some of ya ll just accept the actions/motives of these characters and move on with it?

i see some of the most pointless discussion on completely insignificant shyt like this

HOW jesse came to determine walt poisoned brock is not necessarily consequential, that he DID discover that walt did it is the important factor here

i could see if the writers were advancing the plot on some complete nonsensical bullshyt that didnt make sense, but that simply is just not the case here.

i really hate the viewers that think they know/understand these characters better than the people writing them. like word, youre going to tell me it was ridiculous jesse came to that conclusion when the writers JUST presented it to me? :rudy:

im sitting here thinking it was clever, :ohhh: level writing only to see some fanboys on in the internet and a handful of pretentious, oh look at me suddenly being contrarian writer tell me how these characters should think and how their thought processes work

nah, ya ll can fukk off. :ufdup:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i don't understand whats so hard to get about the ricin plot :heh:

To regain Jesse's trust by framing Gus for the poisoning and thus give himself to go-ahead to kill Gus without Jesse's interference..

the thing that is getting to me the most... this is shyt that happened at the END of season fukking 4!!

the way people have completely forgotten the events of the previous season has me :mindblown:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
see its posts like this that are really bugging me, and those reviews obarth quoted

first off to the breh i quote here, this is nothing on you.

but here is where i have problems with some of the critiques im seeing

no bruh, i dont know WHAT the fukk youre missing actually. he took the ricin to make jesse think gus poisoned the kid. youre confused why this happened, then in your next sentence you arbitrarily say he could have still made jesse think gus poisoned brock another way!??!

like... what in the fukk? :mindblown:

THIS was walts plan to to PRICISELY do that

why cant some of ya ll just accept the actions/motives of these characters and move on with it?

i see some of the most pointless discussion on completely insignificant shyt like this

HOW jesse came to determine walt poisoned brock is not necessarily consequential, that he DID discover that walt did it is the important factor here

i could see if the writers were advancing the plot on some complete nonsensical bullshyt that didnt make sense, but that simply is just not the case here.

i really hate the viewers that think they know/understand these characters better than the people writing them. like word, youre going to tell me it was ridiculous jesse came to that conclusion when the writers JUST presented it to me? :rudy:

im sitting here thinking it was clever, :ohhh: level writing only to see some fanboys on in the internet and a handful of pretentious, oh look at me suddenly being contrarian writer tell me how these characters should think and how their thought processes work

nah, ya ll can fukk off. :ufdup:

:dwillhuh:

all that wasnt even necessary breh. somebody did their best to explain it. im not as into this show as i am into other shows. im a casual watcher at best.

that said, the only reply i can really give u is the following...

:umad::umad::umad::umad:

:camby:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

all that wasnt even necessary breh. somebody did their best to explain it. im not as into this show as i am into other shows. im a casual watcher at best.

that said, the only reply i can really give u is the following...

:umad::umad::umad::umad:

:camby:
nah i think its clear you need to :camby:

first off, i CLEARLY stated that post wasnt fully directed at you.

secondly, take into consideration your post i quoted one more time. it is complete and utter fukking nonsense.

you ask why walt stole the ricin if he wasnt going to use it, then proceed to suggest he could he poisoned brock and STILL put it on gus without providing a better explanation than the one you just shytted on.

that shyt is just idiotic.

thirdly, i didnt see that you were already properly schooled after you posted that

if you need someone to walk your hand through another episode, just @ me and ill help you out

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

3l4d.png
Where's the episode write up? I need that in my life

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He did and didn't lose the ricin/weed under the same exact circumstances. Factually he did lose them the same way. But he "found" the ricin in his vacuum cleaner in his house and accepted that he "wrongly" accused Walt. Plus Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin. So yes, it's ridiculous in the span of 30 seconds for Jesse to notice missing weed and come to the conclusion that 1. Huell must have switched his cigarettes and stole the ricin even though he found the ricin later 2. Even though Brock wasn't poisoned with ricin Walt, aka the CapriSun Bandit:comeon:, must have been the one who poisoned him anyway. Whatever excuses people try and use here they continue to gloss over the fact that Jesse "found" the ricin. That "epiphany" was just self serving for the plot and a huge reach. Having Walt keep the Lily of the Valley plant around and Jesse finding it that way would circumvent all of this. It would be stupid for Walt to leave it around but he also leaves the only connection between him and Gale right next to the shytter so at least there's precedence.

As for Saul, he thinks he's been kidnapped by cartel dudes, that's a lot more serious than just Jesse. Plus once he realizes it's not the cartel he's back to the slick talking, fast thinking dude he always is. The scene starts with him thinking he's about to get murked by the cartel and ends with him getting two new clients:skip: There's no reason for Saul to not atleast try to deny it in that scenario. All Jesse is working on in the first place is a hunch at best that goes against the logic of previous events, fabricated or not. Jesse stays getting manipulated yet a manipulator like Saul doesn't think to manipulate him?

Brock could've been poisoned with expired Flintstones Chewable Vitamins....that's irrelevant really. The accusation was Walt had something to do with it. Walt denies it, they kill Gus, then it's miraculously revealed this kid just happened to get sick around the time Walt needed Jesse's help. Walt had nothing to do with it....no way! Huge coincidence.

Yes he accepted he wrongly accused Walt...and then season 5 happened. You're acting like several things didn't occur in season 5 to seriously erode their relationship, to the point that he's openly accusing Walt of killing Mike and/or plotting to kill him.

Hell, it's literally the very next scene. He accuses Walt of constantly manipulating him directly before he pieces all this together. People are acting like Walt and Jesse were out go-karting and Jesse randomly :ohhh:

Their relationship is in shambles and Jesse no longer trusts Walt about anything. So to pick this one thing, "why would he question this, in light of the fact that he found the fake ricin?"....doesn't make much sense to me. He's been questioning everything about Walt lately. I don't think we needed a scene with Jesse specifically :mindblown: "omg I bet he lied about the ricin too!" to sell this.

As far as Saul, he started blurting out names and assuming it was the cartel before Walt and Jesse even spoke. Which makes it worse really, because he's unnecessarily giving out info. All he did was see a pit and a gun and gave out 2 names, Ignacio and Lalo. So nah it's not a stretch to assume he'd give up info on Walt, who he obviously don't even like, after getting his ass kicked and a gun stuck in his face. Especially since he wasn't even on board with the Brock plan to begin with.

Having said that, of course it was self-serving for the plot. A huge reach? Nah. It's the 5th season though, people are acting like this ain't what the show has always been. They construct elaborate, Rube Goldberg-esque story arcs that come crashing down in :whoo: moments. And 9 times out of 10, like in this ep, the :whoo: moments far outweigh any incredulity along the way to them.

Fred.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
nah i think its clear you need to :camby:

first off, i CLEARLY stated that post wasnt fully directed at you.

secondly, take into consideration your post i quoted one more time. it is complete and utter fukking nonsense.

you ask why walt stole the ricin if he wasnt going to use it, then proceed to suggest he could he poisoned brock and STILL put it on gus without providing a better explanation than the one you just shytted on.

that shyt is just idiotic.

thirdly, i didnt see that you were already properly schooled after you posted that

if you need someone to walk your hand through another episode, just @ me and ill help you out

if i was the only nikka that came in here with that question, i would understand that i was being stupid, but im not the only one. the ricin shyt was a hail mary at best like hexagram said. i didnt think it thru as thoroughly as he did, and it still a hail mary. jesse even found the ricin cig and broke down crying cause he almost shot walt. plus he knows brock didnt get poisoned by ricin, it was something else. so i dont think its that retarded to be curious about it and think that maybe i missed something. :manny: didnt mean to get nikkas panties in a bunch by questioning a TV show. art is always open to interpretation and questioning and criticism. it isnt the bible(:russ:) breh.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if i was the only nikka that came in here with that question, i would understand that i was being stupid, but im not the only one. the ricin shyt was a hail mary at best like hexagram said. i didnt think it thru as thoroughly as he did, and it still a hail mary. jesse even found the ricin cig and broke down crying cause he almost shot walt. plus he knows brock didnt get poisoned by ricin, it was something else. so i dont think its that retarded to be curious about it and think that maybe i missed something. :manny: didnt mean to get nikkas panties in a bunch by questioning a TV show. art is always open to interpretation and questioning and criticism. it isnt the bible(:russ:) breh.
breh i didnt mean to come at you like that, for that i apologize. that shyt is unecessary because im sure youre a good dude

and i see you point on the bolded, but keep in mind all the damage was done by that point (walt/jesse offed gus & jesse ended his relationship with andrea/brock because walt helped convinvce him that his lifestyle put them in danger)

that ricin shyt was some seriously mindfukking/diabolical shyt by walt when you consider it also was the reason jesse left andrea/brock

walt has severely fukked jesses life up brehs, goddamn.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
breh i didnt mean to come at you like that, for that i apologize. that shyt is unecessary because im sure youre a good dude

and i see you point on the bolded, but keep in mind all the damage was done by that point (walt/jesse offed gus & jesse ended his relationship with andrea/brock because walt helped convinvce him that his lifestyle put them in danger)

that ricin shyt was some seriously mindfukking/diabolical shyt by walt when you consider it also was the reason jesse left andrea/brock

walt has severely fukked jesses life up brehs, goddamn.

its all good breh i aint mad. im just a huge fan like ya but i was wondering about that plot cause it didnt fit to me. like i said before tho its just nitpicking on my part cause this is an amazing show regardless.

:salute: to u for this response tho. mature dudes do exist on thecoli.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And for the record I don't expect people to remember every little detail of every ep like I do. So nah @amaury136 asking about something from season 4 ain't a big deal.

But when people come in here like "who's Lydia?"....shyt is :what:

I know the show has blown the fukk up but this ain't something you can casually watch, then come into a thread like this and expect to make sense of it. Cats are in here talking about the color of a tie Walt wore in season 2, and whether or not it's relevant to him surviving the series...and you're in here like "who is Lydia?" :heh:

Take the training wheels off first, breh.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think people are looking into the ricin thing a LITTLE bit too much brehs. It's television brehs, a show where an old ass, bald Cac with Cancer can out-boss drug lords who've been at the top of the proverbial chain for their ENTIRE lives... A show where killer twins from the depths of hell show up causing mayhem and get outgunned by a middle aged, out of shape DEA agent at a clear disadvantage with 1 minute heads up. There are ALWAYS leaps of logic and suspension of disbelief with any television show or movie, even one as masterfully put together as Breaking Bad