"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Alright brehs, a couple of things that have been on my mind about the last episode so I figure I let it out now. Spoilers ahead.

First, about Declan:
I feel like they copped out by letting this dude die off like that. I mean think about it like this. In "Say My Name" this muthafukka had an operation that was large enough that he had enough capital to be able to grab millions within a short notice and gets manipulated like that around the base of his operation? That doesn't seem like a drug lord to me, it seems like an amateur...at one point I thought Declan was the one who went after Walt and the reason he got the M60. I am not doubting Lydia's manipulative ways, but to be able to off a drug lord right on his own turf like that seems WAY suspect. Keep in mind he got killed by the same people Mike supposedly ran a background check on and what he found "didn't worry him"

Second, about Saul:
When did Walt tell Saul that Mike was dead? That whole Belize conversation makes it seem like Saul knows 100% that Walt took care of him. No doubt Jesse and Saul have their suspictions, but Saul said it with such conviction like he KNOWS what is going on. Plus Walt's response to him "If you are suggesting, what I think you are suggesting" appears to me that Walt told Saul that he got rid of Mike.

With all that said I can't wait for Sunday, bytch!

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
OK yall just finding dumbass shyt to complain about now. Who cares seriously about that train shyt stopping velocity bullshyt when it's all said and done? Yall find one little quip to bytch about all the time gotdamn.
do me a favor and stfu. Im one of the biggest BB fans on here, I just pointed out shyt that didnt seem realistic to me, as someone with an engineering degree from one of the most famous colleges in the US.

theres lots of unrealistic shyt in BB, I was citing one of few of them in response of timeline being unrealistic because of actors aging and whatnot, which really is a poor argument

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
i used to like walt. fukk that nikka now.
jesse is just pathetic now. he needs to step up his usage game and od. skylar trying to redeem herself. i might poke her in the butt now........

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Alright brehs, a couple of things that have been on my mind about the last episode so I figure I let it out now. Spoilers ahead.

First, about Declan:
I feel like they copped out by letting this dude die off like that. I mean think about it like this. In "Say My Name" this muthafukka had an operation that was large enough that he had enough capital to be able to grab millions within a short notice and gets manipulated like that around the base of his operation? That doesn't seem like a drug lord to me, it seems like an amateur...at one point I thought Declan was the one who went after Walt and the reason he got the M60. I am not doubting Lydia's manipulative ways, but to be able to off a drug lord right on his own turf like that seems WAY suspect. Keep in mind he got killed by the same people Mike supposedly ran a background check on and what he found "didn't worry him"

Second, about Saul:
When did Walt tell Saul that Mike was dead? That whole Belize conversation makes it seem like Saul knows 100% that Walt took care of him. No doubt Jesse and Saul have their suspictions, but Saul said it with such conviction like he KNOWS what is going on. Plus Walt's response to him "If you are suggesting, what I think you are suggesting" appears to me that Walt told Saul that he got rid of Mike.

Nah breh, Declan was an amateur. This is the same dude that was dyeing his shyt blue with food coloring because it was so garbage.

Also he said "do you realize how far we had to stick our necks out to get this kind of cash?". Their entire operation didn't even have $15 mill on hand. I mean....they were cooking meth in a bus bured in the middle of the desert. They were small time in the grand scheme of things.

And really, who would suspect a high strung white collar criminal like Lydia would come through with Nazis and AKs? She was blind folded so they probably felt safe. She had GPS I assume, which is why she checked her phone.

And I doubt Mike was worried about them. He went to war with Gus against the cartel. I doubt a few Nazis would impress him.

As far as Saul, I took that as him fishing. He obviously didn't know for sure Mike was dead because the ep before he asked Jesse "so....you talked to Mike?". The fact that Walt responded the way he did to the "trip to Belize" comment just confirmed his suspicions.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
i don't know if this was posted or not, but if you watch the whole thing, you get a clue to what's coming up.

i only watched a lil bit...don't want anything resembling a spoiler touching my ears...but i can't believe i never realized up to this point that Bryan Cranston sounds like a younger Jack Nicholson

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus

First, about Declan:

Second, about Saul:

Mike wasn't worried about Todds uncle and the nazi's cause they weren't doing anything that would mess with the operation. Now that Todd knows the billion dollar blue magic recipe and has the backing of Lydia Fringe. Why wouldn't they get into the business? I do agree Declan dying after being in like 3 scenes really put a damper on what he was supposed to be. I mean if dude was that small in the business then how did he have a territory bordering/competing with gus? I think they could've fleshed him out some more. Dude was running a million dollar meth operation from a lab smaller than the RV? I mean...I guess :manny: Dude was really just a plot device but its messed up cause we had to wait months just to figure that out.

As for Saul, I'm pretty sure he figured it out from walt's response to jesse "going to Belize"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I mean if dude was that small in the business then how did he have a territory bordering/competing with gus? I think they could've fleshed him out some more. Dude was running a million dollar meth operation from a lab smaller than the RV? I mean...I guess :manny: Dude was really just a plot device but its messed up cause we had to wait months just to figure that out.

Declan wasn't competing with Gus. He was small time. He wanted to cop all that 1000 gallons of methylamine to get Walt's shyt off the street, because he couldn't compete. When Mike/Jesse told him "the blue will still be out there" in season 5, ep 6, the deal was off.

Also he had hardly any territory compared to Gus. Mike said "this guy operates way out in Phoenix" in the same ep. Gus basically ran the whole southwest. NM, Nevada, Texas, etc. This is Gomez talking about all the areas blue meth was in, in season 3, ep 9:

gusterritory_zpsf3ea9160.png

The only reason Declan was thinking about expanding, was Gus was gone.

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Nah breh, Declan was an amateur. This is the same dude that was dyeing his shyt blue with food coloring because it was so garbage.

Also he said "do you realize how far we had to stick our necks out to get this kind of cash?". Their entire operation didn't even have $15 mill on hand. I mean....they were cooking meth in a bus bured in the middle of the desert. They were small time in the grand scheme of things.

And really, who would suspect a high strung white collar criminal like Lydia would come through with Nazis and AKs? She was blind folded so they probably felt safe. She had GPS I assume, which is why she checked her phone.

And I doubt Mike was worried about them. He went to war with Gus against the cartel. I doubt a few Nazis would impress him.

As far as Saul, I took that as him fishing. He obviously didn't know for sure Mike was dead because the ep before he asked Jesse "so....you talked to Mike?". The fact that Walt responded the way he did to the "trip to Belize" comment just confirmed his suspicions.

Fred.
You know else had a cellphone that had GPS ? Saul Goodman in his office desk, he had nothing but burners and the hello kitty iPhone , now why would he have something like that you ask, well he got it for Lydia of course, you ever think who introduced her too Todd ? She didn't know him now did she? Oh I'm crazy someone is going to say , well with Walt quitting the business and Jesse not cooking, how does he make anymore money? By introducing Todd to Lydia so he can continue taking a cut. Who introduced her to Declan ? Saul , mike hated her and wouldn't do it, unless Walt did but he dealt with Declan. I'm think now Saul is going to confess to Jesse he sold them out for a cut of the money and he didn't think they would go so far as to kill everyone in Declan crew and now they after Jesse or Walt to start cooking again because not meeting profit goals. Lydia got the platinum award for logistics so calculating enough to pull the wool over Saul head until its too late.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Mike being killed by Walt is probably a forgone conclusion to Saul/Jesse. 10 of Mike's guys were killed in jail. They knew that would never happen if Mike was still breathing air.

I think the combination of knowing that and the kid being killed in the desert is what has Jesse going nuts.

He sat on it for a month tried to cope. Tried to smoke his pain away. Tried to give the money away. Didn't work this time.