"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
An average size commercial train going 55 mph (and keep in mind they had insight into every aspect of the train, from Lydia) would take a mile to stop. Worst case scenario it hits his truck and stops....same as trains in real life do when they're robbed. Only in this case it was a dump truck, not shopping carts. They placed the truck exactly where they'd need it to be for the methylamine car to line up with the bridge. Remember Lydia told them the exactly where the cargo car would be.

Whether or not it stopped before it hit the truck had no bearing on their plan.

The fact that it did stop probably has more to do with AMC not wanting to pay for a dump truck, and fixing a train. :manny:

Fred.
why would it stop if it hit the truck ? you are underestimating physics here. mass of train shyts on the truck. itd just move it the fukk out the way :heh:

like Ive said, the bridge is very narrow, and stopping distance can be anything depending when they hit the brakes. theres no way to tell if ANY cars are on the bridge, much less a specific car

Daps
Reppin
California
OK yall just finding dumbass shyt to complain about now. Who cares seriously about that train shyt stopping velocity bullshyt when it's all said and done? Yall find one little quip to bytch about all the time gotdamn.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm just saying out of all the wild shyt in this show, his life expectancy based on a cancer diagnosis we don't know much about, ain't one of them IMO.

Fred.
well, i feel like this is the most important part. his life on this earth is severely limited. if they had walt dying of cancer for 5 yrs, it would remove all the fear and suspense -- just my opinion. i think walt living about 2 yrs sounds just about right for what he was diagnosed with. now if it were melanoma or something, then sure, give him 5 yrs; hell, give him a chance to beat it.

but i like the structure built on this show. you've got a few yrs to live, how the fukk do you spend that time.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
well, i feel like this is the most important part. his life on this earth is severely limited. if they had walt dying of cancer for 5 yrs, it would remove all the fear and suspense -- just my opinion. i think walt living about 2 yrs sounds just about right for what he was diagnosed with. now if it were melanoma or something, then sure, give him 5 yrs; hell, give him a chance to beat it.

but i like the structure built on this show. you've got a few yrs to live, how the fukk do you spend that time.

That's a good point. :lupe:

It did go into remission though. So when he got the news, and beat the shyt out of the paper towel dispenser, I just assumed he was going to live indefinitely with all the bad shyt he's done. Because the remission is the wild card....they could've extended/ended his remission whenever they wanted to really.

Fred.

tnprince1005

Rookie
Daps
At this point, his cancer should be the least of his worries, cuz we all know his cancer isnt whats gonna get him killed by the end of the season.

And does anyone know if Lydia and Gus were just business partners or something more?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a good point. :lupe:

It did go into remission though. So when he got the news, and beat the shyt out of the paper towel dispenser, I just assumed he was going to live indefinitely with all the bad shyt he's done. Because the remission is the wild card....they could've extended/ended his remission whenever they wanted to really.

Fred.

i don't like how they handled the remission situation. everything was looking ont he up and up and then all of a sudden he's back on chemo with 6 months to live.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
My last theory and hear me out it sounds crazy, Jesse confesses to Hank that he Heisenberg and not Walt, he takes the credit to punish himself and Hank is thrown for a loop, Jesse provides all the details but Hank doesn't buy it because he knows its all Walt with Jesse helping him, Jesse even cooks the blue meth up for Hank as proof since he wants to punish himself so bad and at that meeting they have with Sky and Walt he tells Walt he made a big mistake, he knows it was Pinkman who did it all, that he was greatest meth cook of all time to goad Walt into slipping up, he baits saying Jesse is a real mastermind who will be forever known as the top meth cook in america and that Hank will be the man who took him down. Walt tries to get Jesse to stop but he doesn't listen saying he will destroy the name, while this upsets Lydia because now she can't move Todd's sub-par meth to the Czechs and with her being desperate she forces Walt's hand by attacking his family and setting in motion the final part of the show.

Now THIS is a very good theory. Hats off to you sir

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Gt1yFL2.jpg

jbb2OOg.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
At this point, his cancer should be the least of his worries, cuz we all know his cancer isnt whats gonna get him killed by the end of the season.

And does anyone know if Lydia and Gus were just business partners or something more?

Probably just business associates, Gus was married with Kids and also I have a hard time believing someone as meticulous and cool as Gus romantically fraternizing with someone as jittery and sloppy as Lydia

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
why would it stop if it hit the truck ? you are underestimating physics here. mass of train shyts on the truck. itd just move it the fukk out the way :heh:

like Ive said, the bridge is very narrow, and stopping distance can be anything depending when they hit the brakes. theres no way to tell if ANY cars are on the bridge, much less a specific car

No man....like I said in real life people rob trains by piling a lot smaller shyt than a dump truck onto the tracks. Shopping carts and metal beams:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/08/us-france-heist-trains-idUSTRE7672ZX20110708

This was a passenger train but those don't necessarily weigh more/less than freights. Honestly there's too many x-factors for us to know either way how likely this is to happen.

Fred.