"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Nah I feel you.

As far as your initial comment....yeah. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but when Walt said "I've been living with cancer for the better part of a year" in season 4 I was :what:

I don't see this mentioned often so I assume most people don't care about it.

But :yeshrug: I guess they had a time line (2 years) and they wanted to stick to it. They could've just not mentioned how much time had passed.

Fred.
So where are we at in the timeline right now? I could have sworn that the end of part 1 of season 6 (when Hank found the book) was the one year anniversary of Walt finding out he had cancer..

The thing that threw me off was if it had really only been around a year, why was Marie so judgemental of Skylar's criminal activity when she was just stealing from stores during her kleptomania phase less than a year earlier...

It seemed like she would be more understanding.. But she was acting like her trangressions were a lifetime ago...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
what would be the alternative? only thing that erked me was skylars pregnacy.

but you can't stop people from aging. only way it could work is they really hit the show like a movie and didn't take ANY breaks in filming/writing. that's why walking dead is all out of wack. this nikka carl supposed to be like 12 but he's lookin 16 and getting a deep voice.

They could've just said it took place in real time over 3-4 years from season 1-5. Or not mentioned time at all, which seems weird but you don't have to say "a year". You could say "all this time".

Regardless, this is an understandable question in the last season because there isn't huge gaping plot holes or bad acting/writing to critique. People did the same thing in season 5 of "The Wire", or season 6 of "The Sopranos".

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So where are we at in the timeline right now? I could have sworn that the end of part 1 of season 6 (when Hank found the book) was the one year anniversary of Walt finding out he had cancer..

The thing that threw me off was if it had really only been around a year, why was Marie so judgemental of Skylar's criminal activity when she was just stealing from stores during her kleptomania phase less than a year earlier...

It seemed like she would be more understanding.. But she was acting like her trangressions were a lifetime ago...

Uh....hmmm....

Well, season 1, ep 1 to season 5, ep 4 was 1 year. Because that was his 50 to 51 birthday.

Then in season 5, ep 8 (after the final montage) Marie says it's been 3 months.

Then in season 5, ep 9 Walt says "I've been out about a month".

So we're looking at around a year and a half from season 1 to current time. The flash forward is on his 52nd birthday, so the entire run of the series is 2 years.

As far as Marie I think she would be a lot more accepting if Hank hadn't gotten shot the fukk up while investigating Heisenberg, when Skyler knew who he was all along. Because prior to that she was :mindblown: but when she asked "did you know when Hank got shot?" that's when she got upset.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
that's not how stage 3 lung cancer works.

He was in remission though. They could've said he was in remission a year and it would still fit the time line I said.

Regardless, :manny: it's not a big deal just an interesting topic.

Fred.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
LOL nothing is understandable wit this bytch.
I think its quite understandable. you just cant view her (or other characters) in black/white vision. its not shes either Ride or die or a bytch. its not that simple

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Vince Gilligan's insistence on convincing the audience that the entire 6 seasons of this show has taken place in 14 months of real time is something thats always bothered me...

The weight gain, hair loss and aging of the actors has turned this concept into a mockery for me..

I'm all for suspending belief for the sake of entertainment, but damn breh.. I wonder if he had to do it over again would he take the same route with the story line...
its not the first nor last show to do this...
imo there are more things in the show itself that are less believable and more bothering than the fact it as a tv show took 6 seasons to depict 2 years of someones life.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

The writers use giant acme brand road runner magnets to advance the plot, you think they give a fukk about the intricacies or lung cancer?
the magnet shyt was unbelievable, as was the train robbery -- but walt surviving 4-5 yrs when he was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer in the first episode is a bit much. the pacing is perfect IMO, make the cancer aspect realistic atleast

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the magnet shyt was unbelievable, as was the train robbery -- but walt surviving 4-5 yrs when he was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer in the first episode is a bit much. the pacing is perfect IMO, make the cancer aspect realistic atleast

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm just saying the writers have never really been ones for realism.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk that bytch ass nikka Jesse

anyone else sick and tired of this fakkit catchin feelins over some fukking kid? this dude is a lame. how you get into the Meth game and then get shook because some nikkas got to die

hopefully Walt wastes that nikka before he snitches

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The train heist was actually one of the most realistic things on the show. Hell, they made it more difficult than it actually is in real life. In real life people pile random shyt like shopping carts or dumpsters onto the tracks, then when it stops they just break into the cargo cars and steal shyt. Most trains, including ones carrying methylamine, don't have guards. The main limiting factor in this case was the train would be stopping in the middle of nowhere so they'd have no where to run. Which is why they had to do it on the DL.

I mean....if they wanted methylamine they could've just jacked a truck that carries it from the shipping yard to the city. This is a TV show though so they had to make it :lupe:

Fred.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
fukk that bytch ass nikka Jesse

anyone else sick and tired of this fakkit catchin feelins over some fukking kid? this dude is a lame. how you get into the Meth game and then get shook because some nikkas got to die

hopefully Walt wastes that nikka before he snitches

I have been actively wishing for Jesse's death since season 2.. If he really had morals and a conscience he would turn himself in.. Instead of always trying to do these grand gestures like playing paper boy with stacks...

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The train heist was actually one of the most realistic things on the show. Hell, they made it more difficult than it actually is in real life. In real life people pile random shyt like shopping carts or dumpsters onto the tracks, then when it stops they just break into the cargo cars and steal shyt. Most trains, including ones carrying methylamine, don't have guards. The main limiting factor in this case was the train would be stopping in the middle of nowhere so they'd have no where to run. Which is why they had to do it on the DL.

I mean....if they wanted methylamine they could've just jacked a truck that carries it from the shipping yard to the city. This is a TV show though so they had to make it :lupe:

Fred.

Yeah, maybe it was realistic. I don't know. My train robbing knowledge begins and ends at Ronnie Biggs. I can concede that everything on the show is possible, it's just not all probable.

• Dap
Reactions: hex