"All BAD Things Must Come to an End" - Breaking Bad Season 5: Part 2 Official Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Vince Gilligan's insistence on convincing the audience that the entire 6 seasons of this show has taken place in 14 months of real time is something thats always bothered me...

The weight gain, hair loss and aging of the actors has turned this concept into a mockery for me..

I'm all for suspending belief for the sake of entertainment, but damn breh.. I wonder if he had to do it over again would he take the same route with the story line...

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Vince Gilligan's insistence on convincing the audience that the entire 6 seasons of this show has taken place in 14 months of real time is something thats always bothered me...

The weight gain, hair loss and aging of the actors has turned this concept into a mockery for me..

I'm all for suspending belief for the sake of entertainment, but damn breh.. I wonder if he had to do it over again would he take the same route with the story line...
14 months? We already know it spans 24 months, no?

Regardless, a mockery, really? :stopitslime:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh oh. The adult versions of the Twilight tweens are gettin aggy

:lupe:

I was actually gonna come in here and help defend your point, but this post right here just proves you came in to hate. Which is fine but it's far too late to hate on it. Cats like you should've started hating 5 years ago.

Maybe go hate on "Hannibal". It's still new enough that you can derail it's legacy. :manny:

Fred.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I was actually gonna come in here and help defend your point, but this post right here just proves you came in to hate. Which is fine but it's far too late to hate on it. Cats like you should've started hating 5 years ago.

Maybe go hate on "Hannibal". It's still new enough that you can derail it's legacy. :manny:

Fred.
You guys should all dap this post..

I'll start....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
None of that is why Walt killed mike.

That's exactly why he killed Mike.

This was a topic of debate back when the ep aired. It was such a topic of debate among fans that eventually the writers flat-out said "he killed Mike because of his ego". Which seemed obvious to me, I said exactly that in the Season 5 thread last year. But I guess some people needed clarification.

The name of the ep is "Say My Name", he wanted everyone on his dikk. Which is why he offered to take the bag to Mike. Which is why he said "what, no thanks for securing $5 mill?". Which is why he blurted out "you're welcome!" as Mike was walking away that last time. Then Mike came back, and went in on him. So Walt killed him.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You guys should all dap this post..

I'll start....

Just because you go against the grain don't make you cool. If you got logical complaints about the show bring them to the table. The shyt you said wasn't one, which is why you got the response you did. Then insulting the fan base....one that includes everyone from Killer Mike to Tom Hanks....from Patton Oswalt to Phonte....shyt is just :heh:

You're better than this.

Fred.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Just because you go against the grain don't make you cool. If you got logical complaints about the show bring them to the table. The shyt you said wasn't one, which is why you got the response you did. Then insulting the fan base....one that includes everyone from Killer Mike to Tom Hanks....from Patton Oswalt to Phonte....shyt is just :heh:

You're better than this.

Fred.

Lets recap...

I make a legit criticism on what I feel about the show (one that you even admit to understanding or atleast being willing to defend)

Folks respond telling me to shut the fukk up...

I defend myself..

You come in and call ME a hater..

This is doeboy/harry b type behavior and you know if it was involving anything other than this show you would call a spade a spade...

The fanbase told me to shut the fukk up.. So now I'm out of line for insulting them?

:russ:

Read constructive criticism about your favorite tv show and respond like a hoe brehs....

:skip:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lets recap...

I make a legit criticism on what I feel about the show (one that you even admit to understanding or atleast being willing to defend)

Folks respond telling me to shut the fukk up...

I defend myself..

You come in and call ME a hater..

This is doeboy/harry b type behavior and you know if it was involving anything other than this show you would call a spade a spade...

The fanbase told me to shut the fukk up.. So now I'm out of line for insulting them?

:russ:

Read constructive criticism about your favorite tv show and respond like a hoe brehs....

:skip:

You're not a hater for the initial complaint, you're a hater for how you responded after that. And save the "bu but but they were MEAN to me!" bullshyt. You're a grown ass man, you didn't have to throw the whole fan base under the bus. Just because you feel like other people are acting like hoes don't mean you gotta turn into one too.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305

Fred.

i just wanna say, BB fandom aside, Hannibal has the makings of being a great show. loved season1, hope it gets the following it deserves. ppl need to jump on that show

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
You're not a hater for the initial complaint, you're a hater for how you responded after that. And save the "bu but but they were MEAN to me!" bullshyt. You're a grown ass man, you didn't have to throw the whole fan base under the bus. Just because you feel like other people are acting like hoes don't mean you gotta turn into one too.

Fred.
I could never throw the whole fanbase under the bus, because I would find myself under the axles...

:manny:

Some of them should settle down though imho...

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
I feel you on this...

I get Jesse's character has been through hell and back but they're taking this guilt trip shyt too far with this dude...Everyone knows life in this game means constant danger and you'll be surrounded by death...Son needs to man the fukk up cuz his constant moping around has become comical...
Not even that its comical, its just not believable.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I could never throw the whole fanbase under the bus, because I would find myself under the axles...

:manny:

Some of them should settle down though imho...

Nah I feel you.

As far as your initial comment....yeah. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but when Walt said "I've been living with cancer for the better part of a year" in season 4 I was :what:

I don't see this mentioned often so I assume most people don't care about it.

But :yeshrug: I guess they had a time line (2 years) and they wanted to stick to it. They could've just not mentioned how much time had passed.

Fred.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

what would be the alternative? only thing that erked me was skylars pregnacy.

but you can't stop people from aging. only way it could work is they really hit the show like a movie and didn't take ANY breaks in filming/writing. that's why walking dead is all out of wack. this nikka carl supposed to be like 12 but he's lookin 16 and getting a deep voice.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
MlzTBGN.jpg