Air - Movie Trailer (About Phil Knight & Nike's Pursuit To Sign Michael Jordan/Ben Affleck & Matt Damon/Amazon/Trailer)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Good movie...the stakes did not seem as high as they could be...it felt more like DRAFT DAY than MONEY BALL. I give it a B-
Draft day better with more manufacted drama. Kevin Costner and Jennifer Gardner milked the sheit out of it.

Wasn't a whole lot of drama per se, other than Phil knight being cheap and the Jordan family making moves, it's a cute matinee. I'd give it 4/5 for not wasting my time and rewatchability but it's not a candidate for movie of the year. @Mr Hate Coffee

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Yo I forgot Marlon was even in this.:mjlol: He had like one scene
Was there scenes on the cutting room floor. This nicca flew to California and north Carolina (and rented a car with a phone in it in the 80s) like it was nothing. This trip to Discover mills I was forced to take gonna hurt me. Chick at the food court looking like a lead in a tyler Perry production trying to seduce me. I can't afford this quesidilla, damn sure as hell can't afford you

Oh, to be born white...

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Draft day better with more manufacted drama. Kevin Costner and Jennifer Gardner milked the sheit out of it.

Wasn't a whole lot of drama per se, other than Phil knight being cheap and the Jordan family making moves, it's a cute matinee. I'd give it 4/5 for not wasting my time and rewatchability but it's not a candidate for movie of the year. @Mr Hate Coffee
breh draft day was fukkin ridiculous :heh: that aged like milk for real

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
The movie definitely gave me a touch of nostalgia here and there, for a film about how some White men created a shoe after Michael Jordan. It felt good to learn how the Jordans were the first Black family to stand up, and take some type of leadership on the marketability of this shoe.

I think I'll put this part in a spolier.
The part that gave me the creeps after the movie was over, was when Sonny said those heavy words in the meeting, like how the world was going to chew Michael up and spit him out, regardless who Michael signed with. I couldn't help but feel like the Jordans standing up, played a role in his fathers death. They just glanced over his father death in the movie with just a two second news paper clip, while everything was still sounding upbeat. Then when the movie was over, it showed how well Michael and his mother were doing, and everybody else except the one guy who died two weeks before something took place...can't remember what it was. They didn't show how Michael's father wound up towards the end of the movie, which I guess what have spoiled the movies momentum I guess. That's probably why they glanced over his death with that two second newspaper clip. I remember his father went missing for several weeks or months, and his body was already cremated before he was identified. How this could happen to the father of the greatest basketball player ever was sickening, and it wasn't no small thing. It left everybody stunned.

The end of the movie gave me a feeling that although Michael Jordan wound up being worth 2 Billion, it costed him his father, after Sonny warned him about how cruel the world would be in that meeting, the meeting that eventually made Michael sign the deal. But nobody would have expected this, even Sonny, I hope. It felt like the movie tried to hide what happens to us, when we make it too big, for example Bill Cosby, and what happened to his son, not to mention what happened to him later.

Last edited: