Air - Movie Trailer (About Phil Knight & Nike's Pursuit To Sign Michael Jordan/Ben Affleck & Matt Damon/Amazon/Trailer)

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Saw this at an early screening last week. It was pretty good, but not as good as it could have been with more time on the script and side characters. It really didn't need to be 2 hours. Chris Tucker stole every scene he was in as usual. I wish he was in it more. The 80s references were all great.

I give it a 7/10, but probably won't rewatch. In terms of 80s business deal movies... Tetris >>

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Saw this at an early screening last week. It was pretty good, but not as good as it could have been with more time on the script and side characters. It really didn't need to be 2 hours. Chris Tucker stole every scene he was in as usual. I wish he was in it more. The 80s references were all great.

I give it a 7/10, but probably won't rewatch. In terms of 80s business deal movies... Tetris >>
wish we got more of marlon but yeah Chris was great. reminded me of my uncle

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

It wasn't :mjgrin:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Best thing I have seen this year. Affleck was so good, he has been disappearing into roles, and with just the ease of a pure professional, still playing for the love. Between this and his role in The Last Duel, very impressed.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Great flick

Everyone killed their role but Chris Tucker stood out

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Every single actor was excellent, and it really was a showcase of talent, not that the screenplay required much heavy lifting, but every single person just displayed their particular talent really well

Jason Bateman, just line after line of smarmy and very Bateman tailored lines, "fukk that guy, he said that, you said that"

Viola Davis: the first thing I remember really liking her in was in Blackhat, watching her here, in a similar styled role, yet obviously very different was captivating. Her and Damon's convo in the yard, was very much like watching two heavyweights perform at the highest level. I like her as an actress more than I like some of the movies she does, which I don't always see.

Chris Messina: just watched him in Celeste And Jesse Forever, great performance

Marlon Wayans: had to do a lot with less, quick scene, but I imagine for Marlon it was a major look/honor just to be apart of it

Chris Tucker: stole every scene, to the extent it could be stolen from anyone. "hell he talking 'bout, breathe through ya nose" Every line of his wasn't laugh out loud funny, but it was such a pleasure to watch his every scene. Almost verging on Smoky parody, but still in the role.

Damon: obviously gets the bigger speeches and laugh lines, but landed every single one of them. The German accent shyt, the "he'll have his hair all gelled up like an a$$hole, Rolex for sure", 'Does the Dali Lama have a grape colored porsche"

Affleck: watched a couple of lesser known Affleck movies this week, Changing Lanes (brilliant and underrated) and Bounce (pretty bad) and just watched him as an actor, he's so good and underrated, when he's in his lane. Killed this performance, had me cracking up line after line, just his mannerisms, snapping his fingers and moving his hands back and forth "the checks keep going going going" one of his signatures.

The audience didn't laugh much at any of the jokes, but I truly have this experience about every time I go to movies, I think people are just dumb. Critically, I would say the music is good, but lays it on way too thick, there's some shots that are bland, would have cut about 40% and used score. Appreciated the subtle nods to "Body Double" too, which came out the same year 1984? using a famous scene's score, and yeah it's light, and probably smoothes over a complicted story, but as pure cinema? it was just fun. Reminded me of older era of movies. Think this IS the kind of movie you go see in theaters. And they probably had that in mind, given their respective histories, and the movies obvious smoothness and inoffensiveness.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also Chris Tucker. I swear Affleck just allowed him to freestyle and ad lib the entire time. I swear none of what Tucker said was scripted.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Solid, feel good movie
- Everyone played their part pretty well

- Movie was a love letter to Nike and looking back, I cant believe Converse and Adidas dominated them like that before MJ

- I enjoyed that they put the focus on MJ's mom Dolores...viola Davis was great. I wish they gave James Jordan more lines / input though

- Marlon Wayans needed more screen time / credit

- Movie felt like a time capsule. Straight outta the 80s. On point with the details like music, cars and fashion. Slipped in some jokes too if you were listening. "Who wants to see Barkley on TV?" :russ:

- Maybe the omemnt that gave me the most chills was when the sohe designer unveiled the shoe, followed by when Sonny was giving the Jrodan family that boardroom speech and we saw a montage of Jordan's career

- Everyone was great in their role, Chris Tucker and Ben Affleck in particular. Jason Bateman also pretty great. And while Matt Damon was solid in his role, Sonny Vaccarro is NOT some midwestern, all american cat...sonny vacaro is an Al Pacino, wannabe hustler, type Italian...hair slicked back, gold chain, etc. Type of dude at ease among black people. So I wasnt feelin that part.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid, feel good movie
- Everyone played their part pretty well

- Movie was a love letter to Nike and looking back, I cant believe Converse and Adidas dominated them like that before MJ

- I enjoyed that they put the focus on MJ's mom Dolores...viola Davis was great. I wish they gave James Jordan more lines / input though

- Marlon Wayans needed more screen time / credit

- Movie felt like a time capsule. Straight outta the 80s. On point with the details like music, cars and fashion. Slipped in some jokes too if you were listening. "Who wants to see Barkley on TV?" :russ:

- Maybe the omemnt that gave me the most chills was when the sohe designer unveiled the shoe, followed by when Sonny was giving the Jrodan family that boardroom speech and we saw a montage of Jordan's career

- Everyone was great in their role, Chris Tucker and Ben Affleck in particular. Jason Bateman also pretty great. And while Matt Damon was solid in his role, Sonny Vaccarro is NOT some midwestern, all american cat...sonny vacaro is an Al Pacino, wannabe hustler, type Italian...hair slicked back, gold chain, etc. Type of dude at ease among black people. So I wasnt feelin that part.

Yup, sounds about right. Nike Propaganda.