Air - Movie Trailer (About Phil Knight & Nike's Pursuit To Sign Michael Jordan/Ben Affleck & Matt Damon/Amazon/Trailer)

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
great movie…aside from the legal reasons and the studio(s) probably not wanting to pay to use his name and likeness, his presence would’ve overshadowed the film which was primarily about nike/sonny vaccaro and it worked imo…film did a great job of managing to create suspense even tho you know how it’s gonna turn out

*edit*

also incredible representation of the mid-80s

from what I read, jordan was involved with some of the production of this. I'm sure he would have been cool with an actor playing him. but damon/affleck were the ones who didn't want a jordan character in the film. kinda weird how they went out of their way to obscure his face.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
from what I read, jordan was involved with some of the production of this. I'm sure he would have been cool with an actor playing him. but damon/affleck were the ones who didn't want a jordan character in the film. kinda weird how they went out of their way to obscure his face.

oh wow…interesting :leon:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ill say it again, Nike propaganda.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Quite honestly I didn’t know how involved Jordan’s mother was in directly negotiating and leveraging her sons natural talents to completely upend the sports influencer market during this era …a lot of times if you had a parent do something like that these days ..the c00n ass fans would criticize them for being “too much in the way” so it was beautiful to watch a story of how these parents guided and nurtured Mike thru this whole process and made him very aware of his value as a young man …getting that kind of business acumen imparted into yiu at such a young age is incredible so I love that the movie was more about his parents wisely understanding that as opposed to some highlight fest about Jordan …this was a great film that I’m sure I’ll show my kids one day in the future

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
The thread title ..I thought I had dyslexia.:mjgrin:

Was thinking a movie with GOAT and Affleck and Matt Damon?

Was thinking a comedy where MJ sons both of them in some sort of competitive game or sport :mjlol:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Didn't really need it as this story has been told countless times in other mediums but....I fux with movies like this, Tetris & the McDonalds joint with Keaton for some reason.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I liked it. Most of this is known but it was well done and entertaining to watch.