AI vs. D. Wade in their prime

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
A ring is a ring,but we gon pretend that Mavericks team was anywhere near the buzzsaw that Lakers team that swept everybody was:mjlol:?Arguable one of the greatest teams of all time:banderas:

Wade was still vastly better in the 06 Finals than Iverson was in his. U can argue that wade had the greatest NBA Finals individual performance in NBA history.

Iverson never making it back to the Finals with the East garbage as ever didn't help his legacy either

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wade was still vastly better in the 06 Finals than Iverson was in his. U can argue that wade had the greatest NBA Finals individual performance in NBA history.

Iverson never making it back to the Finals with the East garbage as ever didn't help his legacy either

True its definitely in the discussion,but when you take into account how vastly better that Lakers team was then the 2006 Mavs...I know that's not what we do when we make these NBA comparisons though,we give everybody the same credit no matter what team they beat to get a ring,so I gotta give yall that....Wade beasted,hit shots,penetrated at will:banderas:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
And yet Wade still managed to have a better career than him. :krs:

By playing 2nd fiddle to Lebron and needing Shaq's help? How was Wade doing after Lebron left? no playoffs huh? Not even in the anemic east?

Where's Wade's MVP?:wonkadealwithit:

A.I on the other hand...

League MVP
4 x scoring champ
11 time all star
2 x all star game mvp
3 x leading league in steals
:aicmon:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everybody looks great when Shaq is on your team getting all that attention.

:coffee:

Maybe Wade is better than AI, but Wade always had better teams. And Wade wasn't 6'0 shooting over monsters every night, getting hit to the ground.

:manny:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Everybody looks great when Shaq is on your team getting all that attention.

:coffee:

Maybe Wade is better than AI, but Wade always had better teams. And Wade wasn't 6'0 shooting over monsters every night, getting hit to the ground.

Pat sat Shaq down and won the champiopship in game 6 because of Zo

Daps
By playing 2nd fiddle to Lebron and needing Shaq's help? How was Wade doing after Lebron left? no playoffs huh? Not even in the anemic east?

A.I on the other hand...

League MVP
4 x scoring champ
11 time all star
2 x all star game mvp
And yet Wade still managed to have a better career than him. :krs:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Wade was certainly looking great averaging 34 ppg in the Finals - it must have been Shaq and his 13 ppg getting all that attention. :whew:
Iverson averaged 35.6 against the Lakers in the finals in 01.

Wade shoots a much better percentage that AI, but overall I think they're pretty close considering what AI had to overcome.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A.I on the other hand...

League MVP
4 x scoring champ
11 time all star
2 x all star game mvp

Wade has played 2 less seasons but has made the playoffs two more times than Iverson, has just as many all star selections, three rings, and a Finals MVP.

So more success in less tries.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iverson averaged 35.6 against the Lakers in the finals in 01.

Wade shoots a much better percentage that AI, but overall I think they're pretty close considering what AI had to overcome.

And Wade scored just as much on vastly higher percentages so who cares? Wade also plays amazing defense and doesn't need to be hidden so how are you gonna say they're even?

Wade scored as much, on higher percentages, while being a better rebounder and a comparable playmaker...plus he's a much better defender and the best shot-blocking guard we've seen since Jordan...

But AI is better because he's shorter?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And Wade scored just as much on vastly higher percentages so who cares? Wade also plays amazing defense and doesn't need to be hidden so how are you gonna say they're even?

Wade scored as much, on higher percentages, while being a better rebounder and a comparable playmaker...plus he's a much better defender and the best shot-blocking guard we've seen since Jordan...

But AI is better because he's shorter?
I'm not adamant about it, breh.

I just think if you had to pick a guy...you couldn't go wrong with either one.
I do think that AI was better at breaking down a defense tho.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not adamant about it, breh.

I just think if you had to pick a guy...you couldn't go wrong with either one.
I do think that AI was better at breaking down a defense tho.

:patrice:

Breh, Wade in 08-10 might be one of the best players ever in breaking down defenders. Wade is Pierce-tier when it comes to craftiness and how he handled things plus his ability to operate out of the post is insane.

People didn't watch many Heat games this year but Wade, with no knees, was Still breaking down faster and more athletic players due to sheer craftiness, ball handling, and his amazing change of pace skills.

It's just kinda boggling. Wade is, at the very worst, even with AI when it comes to offensive ability but he's much better defensively plus he's bigger and stronger while being much more efficient plus he's much easier to build around.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
I choose Wade(clearly). But I also don't appreciate the disrespect towards AI. Dudes legend. And like some one else pointed out, he brought it EVERY NIGHT. Wades gone through lazy stretches at times(like last years finals). AI played every game like it was his last........buuut sometimes he shot too much, but still, AI>Nash. How efficient would Nash have been had he played in Larry Browns system instead of D'Antonis? AI would've been an interesting sight to see in that system. Dantonis system helped Nash flourish.

Nash is one of the greatest shooters in NBA history. He'd have been efficient in any system.