AI vs. D. Wade in their prime

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iverson had more field goal attempts than points in the 2001 Eastern Conference FInals. Do you know how hard that shyt is to even do? Legendary shot chucking. Ray Allen on the otherhand soundly outplayed him but the 76ers still advanced because they as a TEAM managed to limit the Bucks offense which ranked first in the league at the time. People that say AI had no help completely ignore how good that Sixers team was defensively.
And there was also

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4746227

10. If crooked NBA playoff series were heavyweight boxers, then the 2002 Western finals (Lakers-Kings) was George Foreman and the 2001 Eastern finals (Bucks-Sixers) was Earnie Shavers. Translation: People remember only George, but Earnie was almost as memorable. To briefly recap, Philly's wins in Games 1 and 4 swung on a controversial lane violation and two egregious no-calls. The Sixers finished with advantages of 186-120 in free throws, 12-3 in technicals and 5-0 in flagrant fouls. Glenn Robinson, one of Milwaukee's top-two scorers, didn't even attempt a free throw until Game 5. Bucks coach George Karl and star Ray Allen were fined a combined $85,000 after the series for claiming the NBA rigged it. In that game, Milwaukee's best big man, Scott Williams, was charged with a flagrant foul but not thrown out, only to be suspended, improbably, for Game 7.

The defining game: When Philly stole a must-win Game 4 in Milwaukee despite an atrocious performance from Iverson (10-for-32 shooting), helped by a 2-to-1 free-throw advantage and a host of late calls. How one-sided was it? When an official called a harmless touch foul to send Sam Cassell to the line with two seconds left and the Bucks trailing by seven (maybe the all-time we-need-to-pad-the-free-throw-stats-so-they-don't-seem-so-lopsided-afterward call), the subsequent sarcastic standing ovation nearly morphed into the first-ever sarcastic riot. And this was Milwaukee, the most easygoing city in the country! Nobody remembers this. The real loser was Allen, who exploded for 190 points in the series, including a record nine threepointers in do-or-die Game 6. Nobody remembers this, either. Even I didn't remember it. Crap.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
It's alot of kids in here looking up stats from 10 years ago. There's no way yall grew up watching AI disrespecting him like this. If you're not over 25, shut the fukk up :stopitslime: Saying Wade is better than one thing....the disrespect is another. AI got the Sixers to the 2001 Finals and won a game against a Laker team that had just SWEPT EVERYBODY in the Western conference. Show a little fukking respect. Faggits.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:duck:

You mean an old Mutombo? Look, the fact is that team aint making it to the finals and taking a game away from a prime Shaq and Kobe if not for A.I

I swear you hating ass nikkas get jealous of A.I and constantly want to shyt on him and take away from what he did.

Shaq averaged 33 minutes huh? Guess what, that's a lot for a big man. He still made a big impact on that court.

Old ass Mutumbo? DID YOU WATCG BASKETBALL THAT YEAR?

Mutumbo averaged 42 MINUTES IN THE PLAYOFFS. So Mutumbo was old with AI but Shaq wasn't.

You asked me who AI HAD and I told you. Coach of the year, 6th man of the year, and the DPOTY. Are the Heat making a finals and winning without Wade putting on one if the best final performances of all time?

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Iverson shot horrible percentage wise because he was the only threat on offense.

Want to know Iverson's most efficient seasons?

Iverson shot 46% with 7 assists both seasons he was in Denver. Because he finally had another all star to play with in Carmelo.

Iverson shot 46% his second season in Philly. He still had Jerry Stackhouse, Derrick Coleman, and Jim Jackson. Okay supporting players. Guys who could make buckets. All gone the next year.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
prime AI in dantonys system would prob lead he leugue in pts/stls.. top 3 in ast.. and maybe top 3 pg in rebs..

something along the lines of 30 9 ast 4 rebs 4 stls something ridiculous like that

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Old ass Mutumbo? DID YOU WATCG BASKETBALL THAT YEAR?

Mutumbo averaged 42 MINUTES IN THE PLAYOFFS. So Mutumbo was old with AI but Shaq wasn't.

You asked me who AI HAD and I told you. Coach of the year, 6th man of the year, and the DPOTY. Are the Heat making a finals and winning without Wade putting on one if the best final performances of all time?

Yeah i watched him, and he wasn't as good as Shaq:ld:

And you answer my damn question first, is that Sixers team making it to the finals and winning a game against a prime Shaq and Kobe without AI?

The Answer :mjpls: is no

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
lol @ these dudes bringing up the ONE game the Sixers won in 2001 NBA finals. Like Wade doesn't have multiple nba final wins under his belt. At the end of the day Wade was more efficient, better defender, better scorer and a higher IQ player. Iverson isn't anywhere near as good as Prime Wade. In fact there are several perimeter players since 2000 that I would take over him.

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah i watched him, and he wasn't as good as Shaq:ld:

And you answer my damn question first, is that Sixers team making it to the finals and winning a game against a prime Shaq and Kobe without AI?

The Answer :mjpls: is no

He wasn't as good as Prime Shaq. No center was that dominant. But AI didn't just have Mutumbo, a DPOTY. He had a COY and 6MOTY. Why do you keep denying that and acting like he had a bunch of scrubs?

No, they don't make the finals without AI but I never said they would. I said Wade, in his prime, is a better player than AI. He has a bigger impact on both ends on the floor and It's not even comparable.

Oh, and Wade could easily had led those 76ers to the Finals and he would have done it shooting a respectable percentage.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
No you didn't.

Do you really think I missed A.I's mvp year? The playoff run? Finals against the Lakers?:dwillhuh:

That team wasn't doing shyt with A.I, even considering it's defense. Actual NBA players have said as much, but for some reason some dudes on here have it out for A.I:francis:

I still haven't seen you acknowledge the fact Wade's career benefited massively thanks to:troll:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
He wasn't as good as Prime Shaq. No center was that dominant. But AI didn't just have Mutumbo, a DPOTY. He had a COY and 6MOTY. Why do you keep denying that and acting like he had a bunch of scrubs?

No, they don't make the finals without AI but I never said they would. I said Wade, in his prime, is a better player than AI. He has a bigger impact on both ends on the floor and It's not even comparable.

Oh, and Wade could easily had led those 76ers to the Finals and he would have done it shooting a respectable percentage.
For fukks sake he shot around 60% it felt like the the conference finals in 2006. He has always been efficient.

Daps
Do you really think I missed A.I's mvp year? The playoff run? Finals against the Lakers?:dwillhuh:
Of course you did. When someone brought up Mutumbo's impact on the team and how influential he was in helping them get to the Finals - you replied with

"You mean an old Mutombo?"

Someone that watched Philly that season would NEVER belittle Mutumbo's position and importance by phrasing him in that manner.

:scust: