Ahsoka | Disney+ | August 23rd 2023 | starring Rosario Dawson

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I gotta say it. Rosario take on ashoka seems bland and one note with the delivery.

I say this as a person who only watched the early clone wars cartoons, when she was a padawan learner, so maybe she grew into a more serious person as she got older. But she always had a more playful quality in those cartoons. Rosarios version doesn't seem like the type to nickname some she just met as skyguy.
She seems more like djinn darin in personality right now. very flat. Works for him, but not her. men and women have different ways of being badass.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I gotta say it. Rosario take on ashoka seems bland and one note with the delivery.

I say this as a person who only watched the early clone wars cartoons, when she was a padawan learner, so maybe she grew into a more serious person as she got older. But she always had a more playful quality in those cartoons. Rosarios version doesn't seem like the type to nickname some she just met as skyguy.
She seems more like djinn darin in personality right now. very flat. Works for him, but not her. men and women have different ways of being badass.

yeah shes wack, what the hell are these people doing with star wars? This was BORING.

Cliche writing like sebine and ahsoka having beef, but no one telling us. Bro just fukking say it, :mindblown:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

What do you mean by this?:patrice:

Anyway, the Ahsoka in this series is obviously an older Ahsoka, not a young Ahsoka like in the cartoons. So she's not going to be as playful and quippy.

Also, it's two episodes (which were decent). Still six more to go.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What do you mean by this?:patrice:

Anyway, the Ahsoka in this series is obviously an older Ahsoka, not a young Ahsoka like in the cartoons. So she's not going to be as playful and quippy.

Also, it's two episodes (which were decent). Still six more to go.
The strong stoic emotionless trope is more appreciated in male protagonist because people look down on men showing emotion anyway, that's considered being masculine. Wrong or Right thats how people are.

With women, copying masculinity tropes doesn't really have the same effect Instead it just makes them robotic and boring. They are more badass when they embrace more emotion but still can kick butt. Difference between T-1000 and Sarah Conner in T2. Sarah channels her emotion into rage and comes off more intimidating as a result. She was angry at the villains she fought. Not just stone faced like the T-1000.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The strong stoic emotionless trope is more appreciated in male protagonist because people look down on men showing emotion anyway, that's considered being masculine. Wrong or Right thats how people are.

With women, copying masculinity tropes doesn't really have the same effect Instead it just makes them robotic and boring. They are more badass when they embrace more emotion but still can kick butt. Difference between T-1000 and Sarah Conner in T2. Sarah channels her emotion into rage and comes off more intimidating as a result. She was angry at the villains she fought. Not just stone faced like the T-1000.
I don't fully agree with everything you said. But I see your point.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
What if Inquisitor Marrok turns out to be Kanan Jarrus/Caleb Dume

Screenshot-20230824-161736-Chrome

Screenshot-20230824-161825-Chrome

What if they cyborged his body after the explosion?

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
nah, a broken heart :troll:
SHE LOST THE WILL TO LIVE?????

Maul isn't human bruh, he's a whole different fukking species, you're literally comparing apples to oranges...

Vader didn't lose a major organ that he only has one of, his respiratory system was fukked but his head/torso where those organs are located wasn't incinerated in lava...

Humans getting impaled through major organs by lightsabers and surviving will NEVER make any sense...

The creator of the franchise established this, Disney doesn't get to change that...

To be fair, Luke and Anakin lost just their hands, without having their arms fried up to their elbows.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’ll wait for the season to air then peep the comments and decide if I wanna watch it

I suspect that it will work better as a "binge watch", so if you can avoid spoilers this might be the way to go.
I can't help myself though.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I suspect that it will work better as a "binge watch", so if you can avoid spoilers this might be the way to go.
I can't help myself though.

ya it’s how I watched the first 2 seasons of the mandalorian and andor S1…S3 of the mandalorian was a bit of a tough watch on a weekly basis

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
After a rewatch I liked it much better, episode would have been perfect If they showed Thrawn with the classic music at the end, shyt is like the Castlevania Dracula fight music :banderas: .

And of course some more Hera Butt shots @Admiral Ackbar

:krs: @PAWG Life we got an actual Pawg Mary Elizabeth Winstead playing an alien Pawg whats your opinion on her umm Assets

@3Rivers we need an Admiral Thrawn :mjlit: remix