Ahsoka | Disney+ | August 23rd 2023 | starring Rosario Dawson

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:heh: when it comes down to it, it's just a matter of whether the writers want to kill off a character or not, it is what it is :manny:

Star Wars isn't something I watch for realism so I'm not pressed about it, it's not like I wanted Sabine to die anyway
Well STFU then :francis: this for people really locked in on the fantasy of Star Wars not casuals.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
You’re not alone. Bunch a fan boys that get upset if it’s not exactly portrayed from a cartoon series is ridiculous
Wait I thought it was just that Sabine not dying to what pre Disney was considered a fatal blow. What else they complaining about?

I'll admit Sabine's actress's performance has been meh to me. But nothing worth complaining about tho.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Cool, I saw seasons 1 and 2 of Mandy.
I think there's only one brief scene in Mandalorian season 3 that mentions that there's an Imperial Remnant faction out there looking to track down Grand Admiral Thrawn, and it's part of multiple parallel efforts to revive the Empire. That's it.

Rebels only if you want to, but really you dont
They seem to be doing a good job of explaining shyt

I've seen some reviews out there that say in effect "*I* like it as a Rebels fan, but casual fans are going to be confused!"

Well, I've never seen an episode of Rebels, and I'm not confused. I don't need to know who "Ezra" is to know that he's lost with this Thrawn guy and the characters miss him, what else do I NEED to know for that to make sense? :manny:.

It's like in Star Wars when Leia says that Obi Wan fought in the Clone Wars. We don't NEED a whole multi-season show on order to understand that line as far as it relates to Episode 4.

So all the comments that say "you need to do HOMEWORK before you watch this show" are wrong, IMO.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Rebels only if you want to, but really you dont
They seem to be doing a good job of explaining shyt
Yeah and plus there are things going on that even if you did follow the cartoons it's totally new.
The rogue jedi and his apprentice are brand new.
Sabine being Ahsoka's apprentice is something new every one is going to be learning about. I don't even remember them being on screen together in Rebels

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
One thing I hate is passive aggressive posters who to much of a bytch to quote somebody Directly but wanna say some slick shyt. Get the fukk out the thread then
You sound way too upset breh, everything ok? :dead:

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Wait I thought it was just that Sabine not dying to what pre Disney was considered a fatal blow. What else they complaining about?

I'll admit Sabine's actress's performance has been meh to me. But nothing worth complaining about tho.
I was exaggerating a little bit but people have talked about the performances not adding up to the personalities of said character in the series which were valid tbh. I just think you’re setting yourself up for failure if you try to hold these adaptations feet to the fire of another show. Personally I think Rosario Dawson was moving way too slow and cumbersome to be a Jedi but hey it’s a show at the end of the day. Trash it if you’re going to trash but don’t hold it to unrealistic expectations.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think Dave Filoni is not great at directing live action yet. He has the actors pause after every line as if they're still doing voiceovers.
The 2nd episode (directed by someone else) flowed better.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I was exaggerating a little bit but people have talked about the performances not adding up to the personalities of said character in the series which were valid tbh. I just think you’re setting yourself up for failure if you try to hold these adaptations feet to the fire of another show. Personally I think Rosario Dawson was moving way too slow and cumbersome to be a Jedi but hey it’s a show at the end of the day. Trash it if you’re going to trash but don’t hold it to unrealistic expectations.
Well I do think people need to realize that animation -> live action aint a simple 1:1 thing. I agree best to not overthink since both animation and live action have their own advantages.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think Dave Filoni is not great at directing live action yet. He has the actors pause after every line as if they're still doing voiceovers.
The 2nd episode (directed by someone else) flowed better.
The most staggering thing from both episodes for me were the constant shots of Ahsoka delivering a line of dialogue, crossing her arms and doing a pose. If felt very video-gamey.

But it's a nitpick and I can absolutely enjoy the show regardless.