Agree or Disagree: Most black folks are christians out of fear....

OvOxO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
It's actually a hard thing to do because once you drop the faith then you gotta go through the hassle of studying religion as a whole and how it evolved into what it is today. Taking an unbiased look at your very own religion the same way u once viewed every other religion. Along with the scientific explanations and what not (Which are long and detailed, so much info its crazy) To keep it 100 though fam, its alot easier to just ignore that shyt and be a christian tho.

Finding out your religion is BS is like finding out Santa Clause isn't real all all over again, shyt can be painful at first but if you're about truth and whats real rather than what makes me feel good and gives me "peace of mind" then its a necessary progression one must go through.

u think it was easy for me to accept the fact that my entire belief system from which I subscribed to since I was an infant could easily be destroyed in under 10 min with just simple common sense?

Exactly. Letting go of that is some difficult shyt man. Its similar to The Matrix theme... I understand why alot of other motherfukkers just take the other pill and decide to stay asleep. To me, thats cowardice but hey.. to each his own.

Facing reality, without the rose tinted glasses in and of itself is a task. When im watching World Disasters on the news, and im thinking :huhldup: Thats some fukked up shyt!!!! Wonder what natural course of events caused that? And whatll be the scientific fallout and out come??? Im rationalizing the shyt in my mind and feeling for all the people who didnt know their life would end today and shyt... And then a muthafuka comes on talkin bout "Dont worry, theyre with God now, and this.. is how he mustve wanted it in his plan"........ :leostare::snoop:

Daps
Seek and you'll find the truth. Whether your truth is Allah, Jesus, Buddha, or whatever the case may be. If you find your truth I think in the end you'll be ok. Everybody trying to get to the same place it's just that it's different ways of getting there.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
its not just black people. most religious people are religious out of fear. the same could be said for the muslims who are damn near fanatical because of what they think will happen in the afterlife.

Most people who you think are religious are not religious

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
its not just black people. most religious people are religious out of fear. the same could be said for the muslims who are damn near fanatical because of what they think will happen in the afterlife.

People are over-emphasizing the importance of 'fear' here. Very few people are in actual fear in their everyday life of going to hell. Fear may have been a problem is the distant past where 'hell' was seen as something literal but religion doesn't really work like that anymore.

Rather people should think about the ways in which human beings think at a basic leve. It is easier to accept your belief systems then it is to challenge them and threaten intellectual isolation; it is easier to accept what people around you believe then challenge them and threaten social isolation; it is easier to accept heaven then a black nothingness. Very simply, it is easier to conform then it is to rebel.

Moreover, people in their everyday lives 'think' in terms of shortcuts, human beings are built to come to quick and simple conclusions to save time and ensure they can move on to other, more 'important' things. Its natural for people to accept what they are told rather then to fight it because the former is more 'practical' and makes living in this world. Very simply, it takes time and effort and discipline and education to look at the world around you and to look at your own thoughts and your own upbringing and decide what is rational - most people would rather just accept things as they are and keep it moving. And again this isn't fear but the way human beings work - we instinctively seek out the easier, less complicated option. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
so having a peace of mind and hope in something is more important than what's actually true?

:ehh:

I can't respect that but whatever makes u happy, do u

I'm an unapologetic Atheist, so I don't respect it either. I was just trting to explain it from many of their perspectives, and yes, many people value happiness over truth, illusions over reality.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
i think the word fear is being a bit overused here

and when it is said the "fear of the lord is the beginning of knowledge" most who only intention is to criticize the christian religion immediately equates fear to slave like conditions instead of the acknowledging in which it was originally written in. but hey tomato, tomahto i guess, people will fill in the blanks the way they wish to fit they argument.

but do i think most black christian are christian out of fear of going to hell. no, not even close. that fear would influence more Christians to carry they lives to the letter of the biblical law and most dont do so. of course there are some who do, but look at the conditions of our communities and how those who leave church on sunday carry on they everyday lives.

in my estimation most of them are there because we are from poverty stricken conditions, we dont even understand what being equal is because all most of us know is coming from nothing and being behind. then we look at major ministers who getting tons of television time who are multi millionaires, they get showcased in ebony and essence. and they declare this is what jesus has done for me.

so in reality its the same as why we have a million people either trying to be rappers or basketball players. now its rapper, bball or football player or church. all of it is a means of trying to get some wealth and get out of poverty. preachers make it no better bellowing statements of "one receiving their blessing" or "getting their breakthrough" all that translate to most these people sitting in the isles thinking, "i will get some money and live wealthy like the preacher do" "i just have to do good, and pray, and accept jesus as lord and i can get wealthy things in life"

i think that explains most of Christianity these days. sad because i consider myself a christian by example, not by name

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Everyone is scared of going to hell thats the only reason most people go church.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Do you really know adults that are literally scared of going to hell? I mean, maybe you though, but they must be fukking retarded. :yayo:

Whatever dude, that why most christians are in there, thats the truth.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Most Christians are Christians out of fear.

True, organized religion has always used fear as a tactic. Not just christians. Also people's natural fear of the unknown / what they don't understand plays in. So it's makes sense that fear of going to hell when they die is a main motivator for most people. Religions prey on that all the time.

Do you really know adults that are literally scared of going to hell? I mean, maybe you do, but they must be fukking retarded. :yayo:

Yep. Especially the ones that are religious but never go to church and don't act in line with the religion at all. Plenty of them.