Agree or Disagree: Most black folks are christians out of fear....

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
I became a Christian out of fear when I was very young (they were talking about the rapture, lake of fire, etc etc)) Alot of southern churches literally try to "PUT THE FEAR OF GOD IN YOU".

I'm still a Christian but its not because of fear anymore.

But yea alot of churches have those type of sermons(to me a scare tactic) where people are suddenly filled with fear and they rushing to the altar. It shouldnt be that way

Immortalized Outlaw

THE GENERAL
Daps
Reppin
614 to 613
Nahh bruh

I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and wouldn't have it any other way.

Is God the lord or is jesus? No wonder there millions of so called different types of Christians, Catholic etc. On top of that ya'll made alliances with yhe killers of of your savoir? fukk Zion fukk Christians as a staff , crew and a child boy raping recorded religion, and if u down for faq and selloutness then fukk u 2.

Talkin bout old testament, new testament, lost testament, which is it? Malcolm X died when he realized the realness, even changef his name. The wack ass Nation or so called 5%s can't touch us. Black and proud, fukk the slave name shyt:birdman: :russ: :pacspit:

Boutdatlife

Shoe & music connoisseur
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Is God the lord or is jesus? No wonder there millions of so called different types of Christians, Catholic etc. On top of that ya'll made alliances with yhe killers of of your savoir? fukk Zion fukk Christians as a staff , crew and a child boy raping recorded religion, and if u down for faq and selloutness then fukk u 2.

Talkin bout old testament, new testament, lost testament, which is it? Malcolm X died when he realized the realness, even changef his name. The wack ass Nation or so called 5%s can't touch us. Black and proud, fukk the slave name shyt:birdman: :russ: :pacspit:

Jesus is the son of GOD

I believe in the trinity Father ,Son and Holy spirit .

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
Jesus is the son of GOD

I believe in the trinity Father ,Son and Holy spirit .

peep this lecture breh, its kinda long but if ur open minded and u care about truth then its worth a watch, dude is like the only black orator spitting real shyt in America at the moment, none of those lies u routinely hear in church

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIGmiT78Ye8&feature=related"]Ray Hagins There will be no rapture & Jesus is not coming back 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is God the lord or is jesus?

Both/and, not either/or.

blows my mind how many blacks are christians. you'd think we'd be the most agnostic/atheist race instead of the most religious

It makes perfect sense to me. When you are stripped of everything that you once identified with and forced to live in very harsh conditions, you look for something to fill the void that has been created; for something that would give life value/purpose, and more importantly, gives you hope. For better or worse, Christianity fills that void quite nicely.

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
Both/and, not either/or.

It makes perfect sense to me. When you are stripped of everything that you once identified with and forced to live in very harsh conditions, you look for something to fill the void that has been created; for something that would give life value/purpose, and more importantly, gives you hope. For better or worse, Christianity fills that void quite nicely.

so having a peace of mind and hope in something is more important than what's actually true?

:ehh:

I can't respect that but whatever makes u happy, do u

Boutdatlife

Shoe & music connoisseur
Daps
Reppin
DMV
peep this lecture breh, its kinda long but if ur open minded and u care about truth then its worth a watch, dude is like the only black orator spitting real shyt in America at the moment, none of those lies u routinely hear in church

Ray Hagins There will be no rapture & Jesus is not coming back 1 - YouTube

Bruh I won't even look @ that trash.

I believe Jesus will come again to judge the living and dead.

Man our last days are a head just sit back and look @ the madness in this world.

Got nikkas eating peoples face and shyt the devil is working bruh.

I suggest you find the good Lord and hold on to him.

Let me put it this way I've been through a lot in my life and GOD has always been there.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Bruh I won't even look @ that trash.

I believe Jesus will come again to judge the living and dead.

:comeon:

Man our last days are a head just sit back and look @ the madness in this world.

In 2012??? Do you really wanna compare the madness in the world now to 1912??? or 1812??? For really though??? You should do some research.

Got nikkas eating peoples face and shyt the devil is working bruh.

Cannibals have been around since the dawn of time, you should do some research.

OvOxO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
First off, the majority of them who identify as christian were raised and indoctrinated into a belief system before they were at an age when they could rationalize and think for them self............................................ Let that soak a little.

Secondly, I agree with all the posters who said that based on where you were born will most likely dictate which belief system you have forced on you.

The fear aspect to me doesn't make them Christians, but it keeps them from being able to doubt and question, LOGICALLY they faith they have either chosen or been forced into. And therefore by extension it keeps them Christians due to them being afraid to even second guess OTHER PEOPLES INTERPRETATION of a book written way before their existence and translated several times over. And then they get older and having made major life decisions based on the belief system it gets even harder for them to go against it. Religion on the whole is a powerful tool. Not to be taken lightly.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
To fear God is the beginning of wisdom... But you don't hear me tho...:yayo:

Exactly.

Downtrodden nikkas don't cry out God's name til they see death around the corner.

Listen to the CONTENT.

Last edited by a moderator: