Agree or Disagree: Most black folks are christians out of fear....

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Once you get past the fear part of religion/spirituality, you find yourself in a good place.

There are 3 kinds of messages in religion:

1. The message that scares you.
2. The message that attempts to appease your bullshyt
3. The message that ENLIGHTENS and liberates you.

Those who want the good message will find it when they're ready.

Malikthegod

opposite of mediocre
Daps
Black people are some of the biggest victims of Stockholm syndrome on planet earth. Christian blacks go harder than white's when it comes to Christianity, and white's are perfectly okay with that.

"Thus, all black....people(s) who profess to be members of the Christian (white supremacy) religion, whether they are conscious or unconscious of it, worship the white man as God."

OvOxO

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean

RenAi!

Half RenAi, Half Amazin'.
Daps
Reppin
TOKYO, Taitou-Ku.
No one has been religious for thousands of years.

What it all boils down to is you being told what/who to believe in by your parents whose knowledge of the universe is about as insipid as the child they're 'lecturing' too.

Some of you people in here are going on about how you love whatever exclusive beings in the bible and how real or true they are like Hindus aren't saying the same thing about their deities in India. Like Muslims aren't doing this in this in the middle east. Like Buddhists aren't doing this in asia. Like shamans that have yet to be blackmailed by missionaries aren't doing this in Africa.

And you have the nerve to tell ME I'm not 'listening'? Look at yourselves! :russ:.................:snoop:

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
Bruh I won't even look @ that trash.

I believe Jesus will come again to judge the living and dead.

Man our last days are a head just sit back and look @ the madness in this world.

Got nikkas eating peoples face and shyt the devil is working bruh.

I suggest you find the good Lord and hold on to him.

Let me put it this way I've been through a lot in my life and GOD has always been there.

I used to be the same exact way son. (quickly dismissing shyt about my religion which I didn't agree with) The only way to truly remain a christian in 2012 is to be closed minded and block out all the evidence that points to the contrary breh, I could only do it for so long until my mind wanted to know more than the simplified explanations I was receiving from the bible.

It's actually a hard thing to do because once you drop the faith then you gotta go through the hassle of studying religion as a whole and how it evolved into what it is today. Taking an unbiased look at your very own religion the same way u once viewed every other religion. Along with the scientific explanations and what not (Which are long and detailed, so much info its crazy) To keep it 100 though fam, its alot easier to just ignore that shyt and be a christian tho.

Finding out your religion is BS is like finding out Santa Clause isn't real all all over again, shyt can be painful at first but if you're about truth and whats real rather than what makes me feel good and gives me "peace of mind" then its a necessary progression one must go through.

u think it was easy for me to accept the fact that my entire belief system from which I subscribed to since I was an infant could easily be destroyed in under 10 min with just simple common sense?

Nope, but it is what it is fam :yeshrug: Once I got over that brainwashing idea that anything that causes me to doubt my faith is "satan's work" it became easier to look at things from an unbiased perspective.

I know I'm not the only person who was thoroughly brainwashed to that point neither. shyt, nikkas actually had me scared of an imaginary nikka with red horns and a pitch fork b, shyts cray in retrospect. :what: At the end of the day I have more trust in an anthropologist/biologist/geneticist to provide me with factual information about my true origins rather than a book filled with myths and stories about magic.

Also To keep it 100 tho alot of black people don't even know REAL world history, they think the shyt in the bible is what actually happened in the past and then they roll up on campus with that shyt and professors and classmates are giving them the :scusthov: face like naw nikka. :facepalm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebmsFmSe654"]Sam Harris Destroys Biblical Arguments - YouTube[/ame]

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If most blacks were really Christian the murder rate in he black community wouldn't be so high, there wouldn't be so much hate for our fellow man, our women wouldn't be so promiscuous, our music would be enlightened.

There would not be 70 percent black children born out of wedlock.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Christianity is very convinient

You can pray as little or as much as you want to

Only have to go to a place a worship for 1 hour one day out of the week.

You can wear whatever, eat whatever

If more was required. There would be less Christians.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Christianity is very convinient

You can pray as little or as much as you want to

Only have to go to a place a worship for 1 hour one day out of the week.

You can wear whatever, eat whatever

If more was required. There would be less Christians.

Like fasting, tithing, forgiving those who have done wrong against you, refraining from sexual immorality, helping the poor. Following the commandments, staying in the word. Fighting lust and temptation daily?

To be a real Christian someone who attempts to live a righteous life have a strong relationship with God and following his word is not easy.

"the harvest is plentiful but the labourers are few"

Being a Christian in this day and age is not easy.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
Most black folks are christians because their ancestors inherited it from their slave masters.....and yes a portion of it is out of fear.

You take away da fire n brimstone, satan/hell and see if folks would still worship. I highly doubt it. :yeshrug:

What about the Arab slave trade and the stronghold Islam have in Africa?

Is that out of fear or do Arabs have the complexion of protection when it comes to enslaving and forcing their religion upon our African brothers and sisters?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
It's actually a hard thing to do because once you drop the faith then you gotta go through the hassle of studying religion as a whole and how it evolved into what it is today

that is one of the main arguments of for agnostic/theist/atheist

I usually hit folks with the kamehameha with a simple "so explain to me who martin luther is"

*blank stare*

:pachaha:

the killer is "sooooooo what denomination are you??? or rly??? so whats the main philosophy behind how they interpret the bible???"

*blank stare*

oh you thought the main difference was the dancing and singing in church :scusthov:

Chris Mauro

Banned
Daps
that is one of the main arguments of for agnostic/theist/atheist

I usually hit folks with the kamehameha with a simple "so explain to me who martin luther is"

*blank stare*

:pachaha:

the killer is "sooooooo what denomination are you??? or rly??? so whats the main philosophy behind how they interpret the bible???"

*blank stare*

oh you thought the main difference was the dancing and singing in church :scusthov:

my mans be on the same shyt man, Tryna school me on why other denominations ain't the "real word of god" I just leave it alone.(like how the fuk do these nikkas know whats the "real" word and what isn't any fukkin way? I could see if a nikka was schizophrenic and heard voices from God, atleast I'd understand where he was coming from) I don't even try to break nikkas faith or none of that shyt because I really don't care, (and I know how hard and emotional the process could be for a christian) just don't be calling me a demon behind my back nikka :smugfavre:

but yeah, all those denominations is fukkin cray, shyt is like a mafia within a mafia withing a mafia,Its like why even bother? but it isn't just Christianity, islam and other religions deal with the same shyt

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
its not just black people. most religious people are religious out of fear. the same could be said for the muslims who are damn near fanatical because of what they think will happen in the afterlife.