After This Father’s Day I’m Officially Cutting Ties With My Dad…GMB brehs

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
I tried to rekindle

I tried to open a space for a dialogue

Tried to get him into counseling so we could have a third party, but he refuses cause word got out about how things went south with my last therapist and because he just doesn’t fw it in general

But this is the last straw

His hypocrisy knows no fukking bounds

For 20+ years he’s always been on some slick shyt towards me. Years years ago he made a remark about me being gay in front of the whole family while we was watching Low Down Dirty shame and it was during the part where Waymon met up with the cac and all that carrying on and this fool gonna laugh and say “that’s Ricky”.

Everybody other than my mama, my grandmama and my ratchet ass uncle Damien laughed. But everyone else was so tickled. He knew that shyt bugged me, so for YEARS he kept insinuating shyt that I was gay despite the fact I was getting hoes in high school while his ass was a virgin until he met my mother.

So fast forward, my younger brother comes out as “bisexual” (not a real thing) and now all of a sudden he wants to be accepting of his son being a fukking fruit basket despite the fact he has done nothing worthy of praise in his life other then be a clerk at Chase for five years.

So as far as I’m concerned, if its nothing involving my son, I want nothing to do with him. I’m fukking done. I’m tired all the bullshyt and gaslighting about how I need to “reserve my role” as being the head of tbe family when all I get is disrespect from the family patriarch who despite his education and military experience STILL chooses to work for white people, yet always hollering why he feels disrespected as a man when it comes to my mama and that’s because she married his clownin ass out of pity. If I didn’t love my father I would been told him just to see his bytch ass crumble.

But I do. So I just let him continue living on with the facade that he’s the man of the house and not just a glorifed sperm donating housesitter.
:pachaha:I laughed at this; my bad.

OP, you're leaving some important stuff out. So he loves your siblings AND your son, but apparently only has a problem with you? There has to be a specific reason for this that should be obvious to you at this point.

Lmfao nikka daddy even know he a hoe ass nikka
:russ:

Prob even told his mama “this hoe ass nikka aint my kid” after he seem that nikka practicing Ciara dance moves
I laughed at this too
:dead:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
:gucci: that makes this even goofier on his end.

People are irrational breh. All it is

Don't do it on Father's Day. Write down your grievances so that it ain't all emotion when you talk to him. Let him know beforehand that you not looking for any back and forth, just want to say your piece and leave.

Stick to the script and say how you feel and why. Tell him you love him, but you don't like him and can't be around him no more. Then leave

Have your mom meet up with you to spend time with your son if you're scared that your pop's is going to, if he's not already, soil your reputation to your son.

Ultimately, you gotta protect your own peace in order to do be the best version of yourself with your son. Hopefully after you do these things, the situation changes and y'all can make amends.

You a real one breh. Brehs like you see the bigger picture and actually take things seriously. Not always on some lame joke shyt. You a blessing for those in your circle. Hope you have a great day breh.

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
:pachaha:I laughed at this; my bad.

OP, you're leaving some important stuff out. So he loves your siblings AND your son, but apparently only has a problem with you? There has to be a specific reason for this that should be obvious to you at this point.

I laughed at this too
:dead:

I don’t even care at this point breh. But I’m taking @CrushedGroove @duncanthetall and others advice. Its time for healing and to be a better person. I can’t walk around and have all this bottled up rage because I believe that a father is absolutely pivotal in a black boys life and I refuse to repeat the cycle.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Your pops might be onto something. You'd rather type on the internet than pull his coat like a man and that's why he doesn't respect you.

Your father sounds like a chump too. The apple doesn't fall far from the bytch ass tree but maybe your son can stop the switching inside your DNA.
:yeshrug:

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Your pops might be onto something. You'd rather type on the internet than pull his coat like a man and that's why he doesn't respect you.

Your father sounds like a chump too. The apple doesn't fall far from the bytch ass tree but maybe your son can stop the switching inside your DNA.
:yeshrug:

You’re blaming someone for their own emotional neglect is warped breh

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Thats why I said after father’s day I’m done. Im not gonna deprive him of seeing his grandson but that’s the only connection we’ll have, if that.
I get that, but have you laid everything out to him before in the same level of detail that you did in the threads or with the therapist? The way you mention the bottled rage comes off like certain things haven't been spoken on rather than just the futility of your pops not getting it or caring.

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I get that, but have you laid everything out to him before in the same level of detail that you did in the threads or with the therapist? The way you mention the bottled rage comes off like certain things haven't been spoken on rather than just the futility of your pops not getting it or caring.

Breh Im 37

Past five years I’ve tried breh

Ive tried to hit him up on some lets squash the shyt

Ive tried to hit him up during games on some joking shyt or talk about how the Bucs still suck (word to @staticshock ) and its crickets

Ive tried to make time for this man and he refuses.

That’s where my anger comes from.

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
Hate to hear you going through this OP. Cut him off if you need to, make sure YOUR mental/emotional is on point, and focus on having the type of relationship with your son that you would’ve appreciated with your dad. Mediocrity, mental illness, low emotional intelligence and all the other bullshyt that pulls people down don’t have to be generational curses.

Best of luck :salute:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like your dad just doesnt fukk with you for whatever reason. He might "love" you as a father "has to" love his children but he doesn't like you. I think that's his choice and at the end of the day he doesn't have to like you. I know it's easier said than done but i think you should try to accept that, be at peace with it and live your life.

Wish you luck breh

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Sounds like your dad just doesnt fukk with you for whatever reason. He might "love" you as a father "has to" love his children but he doesn't like you. I think that's his choice and at the end of the day he doesn't have to like you. I know it's easier said than done but i think you should try to accept that, be at peace with it and live your life.

Wish you luck breh
Hate to hear you going through this OP. Cut him off if you need to, make sure YOUR mental/emotional is on point, and focus on having the type of relationship with your son that you would’ve appreciated with your dad. Mediocrity, mental illness, low emotional intelligence and all the other bullshyt that pulls people down don’t have to be generational curses.

Best of luck :salute:

Thank you breh. God bless.