After Sunday we need to decide what The Film Room’s GOAT prestige drama tv show is (poll ends FRIDAY)

Choose TWO. Your GOAT modern prestige drama series. (Tiers discussion below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's time for me to rewatch that. It's been too long :wow:

idk why but I have a difficult time rewatching series…spartacus (4x)…sopranos (2x) and succession (2x) have been the only series I’ve successfully rewatched…I can somewhat include the wire bcuz I’ve spent hours rewatching clips on youtube but I’ve never sat down and done a full rewatch of any of the seasons

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I aint ever heard nobidy talk about banshee :patrice: but yall corroborating…:leostare:

it’s a pure adrenaline rush type of show…comparable to the shield and yellowstone in that regard…definitely better than yellowstone imo which y’all have listed…I didn’t like it at first but I came across 2 fights scenes and decided to go back and watch the show and enjoyed it

@EzekelRAGE posted the MMA fight scene but this one too pushed me to give the series a second chance (I had bailed after the very first ep cuz some of the action in that first ep felt goofy and over the top but I had fun once I suspended disbelief and enjoyed the action)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nah…upon a series rewatch I have “succession” as top 3 (only the wire and the sopranos are better imo)…and this season has been flawless…for me to change that the final episode would have to start with ken eating in a restaurant with his siblings and then the screeen would have to suddenly go black for the rest of the show…that’s about the only thing that can knock it out of top 3 status…the exploration of the family dynamic is one of the best/most realistic aspects of the show imo…not too many shows get me to analyze the characters to this degree
thats why the only 2 gifs I used were from The Wire and Sopranos:pachaha:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
^^^

I want to watch “justified”…I had it queued when I subscribed to hulu…but 6 seasons is a lot and I’m worried about falling into the trap of watching it out of habit more so than bcuz I like it which is happening to me with this third season of “for all mankind”…sometimes a show wears out its welcome after 2-3 seasons but I’ll still watch it to finish it up…so I’m worried about that happening with “justified”
You better catch up quick with Justified because it's on and poppin' come July. :lolbron:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You better catch up quick with Justified because it's on and poppin' come July. :lolbron:

???

wait the show is still on air?

*edit*

oh ok interesting…just read they’re reviving the show hmm

maybe I’ll watch the new show first as I’m pretty sure it’ll be written in a way for both old fans of the show and new watchers to be able to enjoy it…then if I like it, I’ll be more willing to commit to watching 6 seasons

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Americans is better than like 80% of the shows on that list not up for consideration, much higher ranking.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Revived with a limited series. Showrunners are adapting Elmore's City Primeval novel and decided on bringing Raylan back in addition

ya I’m hip now…just edited my post…I think I’ll watch the limited series first

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Dem Thrones looking like the odd man out in that pantheon tier. All the other shows stuck their landing, Succession pending.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dem Thrones looking like the odd man out in that pantheon tier. All the other shows stuck their landing, Succession pending.
Mad Men much better than whatever Game of Thrones ended up being...

if it ended at season 4 sure.. but not what we got.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Game of Thrones is not pantheon :scust:

yall buggin. GoT was moving the entire media culture at the time and was probably the most 'appointment viewing' show on that entire list, and I didn't even watch then, i was just left out of the wave.

The last season had material problems but GoT changed the entire industry of big budget prestige appointment tv.

Game of thrones has to be pantheon for real

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe people who watched GoT live hate the last season more than those of us who binged it. In reality there were few very bad episodes with only 2 being glaringly bad. If you waited for years for those episodes, i imagine they wouldve been defastatingly disappointing though lol.
Nah. Even the cast was shytting on the last season.

The second to last season had people questioning things, but because we knew it was leading up to the final one, we let shyt slide.
I aint ever heard nobidy talk about banshee :patrice: but yall corroborating…:leostare:
:ufdup:Nothing but good fukkery, fighting and fukking. Skip the last season though:patrice:

I think Mr. Robot should be in the Elite tier. Top Boy too high.

Yellowstone is Sons of Anarchy status to me, just somehow it's become extremely popular. A solid show overtaken by it's nonstop fukkery and characters that just get away with everything.

No love for the Knick?

2bglmv.gif

The shyt is at least Elite status, limited by the fact that it's only two seasons.