After Sunday we need to decide what The Film Room’s GOAT prestige drama tv show is (poll ends FRIDAY)

Choose TWO. Your GOAT modern prestige drama series. (Tiers discussion below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Sunday night I add a poll

We need to decide what makes the cut. Modern elite tv. Not including superheroes or scifi (black mirror, dr who)Here are my preliminary shows

Pantheon, auto bids
  • The wire
  • Sopranos
  • Succession unless last ep SUCKS
  • Breaking Bad
  • Game of Thrones
Elite
  • Top Boy
  • Mad Men
  • Ozark
  • Better call saul
  • Atlanta
  • True detective
Fire
  • Barry
  • Snowfall*
  • Friday night lights
  • Power
  • Westworld
  • Luther
  • Boardwalk empire
  • Mr. Robot
  • The last of us
  • Narcos
  • Billions
Great but we need to definitely debate
  • Godfather of harlem
  • The walking dead
  • Newsroom
  • Peaky blinders
  • Deadwood
  • Yellowjackets (never watched tbf)
  • Yellowstone (haven't watched)
  • The crown*
  • Gammorah
For consideration
  • Nip/tuck
  • 6 feet under
  • Big love
  • Euphoria (haven’t watched)
  • The Leftovers*
  • Lost*
  • 24*
  • Homeland*
  • The Americans*
  • The West Wing*
  • The Shield*

What should be on the 14 choices, and what isn’t listed that should?
One hundred percent agree with your pantheon of shows.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
How Oz and Rome (Rip Pullo) and Spartacus aint on this list
c7405094a2c37ad5fb80a77a5c4b57f7.gif

giphy.gif

SW4X.gif

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Sopranos and The Wire are interchangeable, it depends on your taste.
In regards to Sopranos, am I tripping or that last season was kinda meh breh. I binged it and it seems like Tony being in debt like that was rushed and came outta no where. They never showed Tony having a gambling problem like that either.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pantheon, auto bids
  • The wire
  • Sopranos
  • Succession unless last ep SUCKS
  • Breaking Bad
  • Game of Thrones
Elite
  • Top Boy
  • Mad Men
  • Ozark
  • Better call saul
  • Atlanta
  • True detective
Fire
  • Barry
  • Snowfall*
  • Friday night lights
  • Power
  • Westworld
  • Luther
  • Boardwalk empire
  • Mr. Robot
  • The last of us
  • Narcos
  • Billions
  • Oz*

“game of thrones” for me would be “reduced” to elite for the botched final 2 seasons…some would even include 5/6 but those seasons had some high highs compared to the lows…I feel comfortable including “better call saul” among the pantheon shows…and I think “the last of us” can qualify as elite also…I’d also include “spartacus” in the fire tier at the least…but personally I think it’s in the elite tier

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
“game of thrones” for me would be “reduced” to elite for the botched final 2 season…some would even include 5/6 but those seasons had some high highs compared to the lows…I feel comfortable including “better call saul” among the pantheon shows…and I think “the last of us” can qualify as elite also
I believe people who watched GoT live hate the last season more than those of us who binged it. In reality there were few very bad episodes with only 2 being glaringly bad. If you waited for years for those episodes, i imagine they wouldve been defastatingly disappointing though lol.

Shows with bad last seasons? Boardwalk empire and the wire…

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How Oz and Rome (Rip Pullo) and Spartacus aint on this list
c7405094a2c37ad5fb80a77a5c4b57f7.gif

giphy.gif

SW4X.gif

word…I included spartacus in my post…and I think “oz” should be alongside “westworld” and “boardwalk empire” (fire tier), and “rome” should be in the same category as “deadwood” (great but needs debate)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I believe people who watched GoT live hate the last season more than those of us who binged it. In reality there were very very bad episodes with only 2 being glaringly bad. If you waited for years for those episodes, i imagine they wouldve been defastatingly disappointing though lol.

The Wire's last season isnt bad :manny:

Also this isnt just a bad last season for GoT, it was 2 season. The wait was bad, but narratively the seasons were trash, Dany's arc, LittleFinger and Tyrion becoming dumb. How the Night King was handled. Binging doesnt fix any of that.

word…I included spartacus in my post…and I think “oz” should be alongside “westworld” and “boardwalk empire” (fire tier), and “rome” should be in the same category as “deadwood” (great but needs debate)
I agree. Them last seasons of Oz really bring it down from the autobids :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I believe people who watched GoT live hate the last season more than those of us who binged it. In reality there were very very bad episodes with only 2 being glaringly bad. If you waited for years for those episodes, i imagine they wouldve been defastatingly disappointing though lol.

this makes a lot of sense…I watched all the seasons as they aired so I waited for that 2 year gap in between seasons and was heavily disappointed…I haven’t been able to bring myself to rewatch the series since

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The Wire's last season isnt bad :manny:

Also this isnt just a bad last season for GoT, it was 2 season. The wait was bad, but narratively the seasons were trash, Dany's arc, LittleFinger and Tyrion becoming dumb. How the Night King was handled. Binging doesnt fix any of that.

I agree. Them last seasons of Oz really bring it down from the autobids :francis:
Tyrion fell off a CLIFF i’ll certainly agree with that.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

In regards to Sopranos, am I tripping or that last season was kinda meh breh. I binged it and it seems like Tony being in debt like that was rushed and came outta no where. They never showed Tony having a gambling problem like that either.

I think it was meant to be bleak and depressing, Vito, Artie, and Eugene's subplots along with Tony in the hospital makes season 6 one of my favorites.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
this makes a lot of sense…I watched all the seasons as they aired so I waited for that 2 year gap in between seasons and was heavily disappointed…I haven’t been able to bring myself to rewatch the series since
Narratively......that's how bad those two seasons were, it ruins you thinking about rewatching it. Binging aint gonna fix that, just like if they didnt wait so long wouldnt have made a difference to how those seasons were received.