After going to Home Depot recently I'm starting to think that we do in fact need a mass deportation.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
One thing that doesn’t get talked about a lot, is that a lot of Black women really look down on men who do Blue collar work. That’s crazy when some of these jobs pay really good money. I know welders making over $150k.

Ya’ll talk out your ass about this topic every time and it just shows you’re out of touch

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My gardner is a black man and his young son. My plumber is a black man and his adult son. Eventually when I get my hvac replaced probably next year I will look for black contractors. You’re right it’s a choice. But I speak to them a lot about this topic. They’re adamant that all the illegals have stolen a great opportunity for black men to have a bigger foothold in this industry over the last 40 years - an industry that is very lucrative contrary to what some believe. Just look at the costs of building pools right now. Post Reconstruction and in the early 20th century black men were getting much more of these opportunities per capita (yes even without civil rights), the change happened when the southern border collapsed and cheap labor got imported.

I understand what you are saying. One of my grad school classmates left the corporate world and became a real estate guy. He buys houses, renovates and flips them. He owns his own general contracting business so everything is done in house. He is very successful so it can be done.

My issue with the whole discussion is demonizing of migrants. Undocumented migrants is just one part of the equation. The other part is consumers looking to pay as little as possible and business owners who use undocumented workers to save on costs. Destruction of unions also plays a huge role. It’s a systemic issue and to resolve the issue, it will take honest dialogue and frankly, consumers willing to pay more for products and services.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
This is fukked up but true.....during civid wanted to put a wooden fence in my backyard.

Looked at several contractors...went with a brother older guy....and he went to FAMU just to add.

Gave him the job, to put the fence in....3-4 days later noticed a smell by the backyard...wasn't sure but got nervous...called the gas company...they came out and dug up the backyard and found the pinched line......

:mjpls:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
This is fukked up but true.....during civid wanted to put a wooden fence in my backyard.

Looked at several contractors...went with a brother older guy....and he went to FAMU just to add.

Gave him the job, to put the fence in....3-4 days later noticed a smell by the backyard...wasn't sure but got nervous...called the gas company...they came out and dug up the backyard and found the pinched line......

:mjpls:
You was supposed to get all your lines marked, it's free!

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
One thing that doesn’t get talked about a lot, is that a lot of Black women really look down on men who do Blue collar work. That’s crazy when some of these jobs pay really good money. I know welders making over $150k.
Blue collar workers are the ones paying off the debt from their wives 64686467)(8),)$:smile:@&) Degrees

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Went to home depot on Nostrand Ave out here in Brooklyn a couple weeks back seen a bunch of African Brehs outside trying to get work

Hopefully they come here and flourish so we can get the black population up

Black people need to in mass start doing all blue collar jobs including becoming police officers
:patrice:Where your people from, breh?

Lotta c00ns in here, giving away jobs that ain't even theirs. I'm actually disgusted. It's not just black women that look down on blue collar work. :mjpls:

lib123

All Star
Daps
It’s not that clear cut. I know a Black guy who started a landscaping business 20+ years ago with the intention of hiring his family who lacked other opportunities. It got to the point where he eventually had to start hiring Hispanic workers because his family was slacking and hurting his business. Of course there are hard working Black people in landscaping and contracting, but a lot of Hispanic workers seem hungrier since they’re literally trying to feed their families back home.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Those Hispanics work for cheaper and in some cases faster than their Black and White counterparts.

I ALWAYS give Black contractors first dibs on any job I have, but if those ese’s going to come do it for significant cheaper and not up charge for every little thing then I’m going move in the best interests of my pockets.

I’m going to say this as well and some will disagree and that’s fine, but a lot of “us” Black folks get as bigoted towards those Hispanics as White folks get towards us when most of the ones crossing the border and coming here are working blue collar manual labor jobs that a lot of other people don’t want to do anyway and they doing it for rock bottom wages.

All a lot people see is those anchor babies that are born to those illegal immigrants that are going to be a voting block and something to contend with in those future generations to come.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
It’s not that clear cut. I know a Black guy who started a landscaping business 20+ years ago with the intention of hiring his family who lacked other opportunities. It got to the point where he eventually had to start hiring Hispanic workers because his family was slacking and hurting his business. Of course there are hard working Black people in landscaping and contracting, but a lot of Hispanic workers seem hungrier since they’re literally trying to feed their families back home.
No, it's pretty clear cut. Your verbiage is giving 'not paying market wage.' :scust:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
It’s not that clear cut. I know a Black guy who started a landscaping business 20+ years ago with the intention of hiring his family who lacked other opportunities. It got to the point where he eventually had to start hiring Hispanic people because his family was slacking and hurting his business.

I have 5 on the field employees that I trust with my damn life, but please believe it's a pain in the ass to hold onto people looking to do that kinda work. no matter the ethnicity. I've had a Hispanic employee who stole equipment/from clients and using drugs, a white one who showed up one day and bounced at lunch. One breh tried to play boss and was barking orders like a drill sergeant his second week on the job over some damn hedges.

American born males ain't for the grunt work, not to say it's not possible, it's just 1) the money don't seem to be worth it 2) it's thankless work 3) your body gets put to the test and everybody who loves to romanticize blue collar/trade work leaves that out because they don't actually know anybody 5+ years into the game.