After Boy and Girl Are Stabbed, Anger Over a Lack of Cameras

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
my question is do you guys see projects as a way to rejuvenate the black community or do you see it as a place to put poor people in?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Instead the seeds of violence is everywhere else instead of rehabilitating the area alongside it's residents as intended. :camby:

Speak on another city's people without living in it breh.

do you see projects as a permanent place for black to live?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
do you see projects as a permanent place for black to live?

No, which is why I was all for the rehabilitation of the neighborhood. Instead it got sold to whites and Target put a giant ass store where further mixed income developments were to occur, leaving about 3+ building's worth of residents without a chance to ever come back - and that isn't taking into account the surrounding land that was sold while the buildings were still up.

Cabrini residents got shafted. But hey, I'll let you cook. It was a good thing. :snoop:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
its nutty, government creates these ugly ass building that are completely segregated from the mainstream, no type of economics, where the government has complete control over residents and people are DEMANDING that black people live in these things their entire lives without earning equity and without developing wealth
No, which is why I was all for the rehabilitation of the neighborhood. Instead it got sold to whites and Target put a giant ass store where further mixed income developments were to occur, leaving about 3+ building's worth of residents without a chance to ever come back - and that isn't taking into account the surrounding land that was sold while the buildings were still up.

Cabrini residents got shafted. But hey, I'll let you cook. It was a good thing. :snoop:

cabrini never belonged to cabrini residents, it belonged to the government and i think its better that the residents spread out

but overall things like that will continue to happen as long as black people do not own their property

people crying over cabrini are people that dont have any real idea or plans to rejuvenate the black community, when you start to understand that property ownership is the foundation of the american community anybody can see that cabrini was doomed to fail for black people

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
when the government owns your home there is no good ending to that story, you can be assured that the government will screw you in the end

the whole public housing policy of the us government of putting poor people in huge buildings needs to end, its a dumb idea for the residents, for black people and the country as a whole

any housing policy that isnt about ownership is bullshyt

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
cabrini never belonged to cabrini residents, it belonged to the government and i think its better that the residents spread out

:comeon:

people crying over cabrini are people that dont have any real idea or plans to rejuvenate the black community, when you start to understand that property ownership is the foundation of the american community anybody can see that cabrini was doomed to fail for black people

:comeon:

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
This is what happens when you don't police your OWN neighborhood. In all honesty the killer shouldn't be brought to the police. WE need to handle him. But continue believing that a camera in an elevator can protect you or your children from a nikka with a knife.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

if you aint talking about property ownership for black people you dont have any real plans, you just have some bs plans

public housing, section 8 etc is not a real housing policy and its not a real economic policy

and btw this applies to whatever deblasio is tryna do in NY, if you want to know whether his housing plans are good or not just measure how many people will end up owning their homes, if nobody is owning you know its bs

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is what happens when you don't police your OWN neighborhood. In all honesty the killer shouldn't be brought to the police. WE need to handle him. But continue believing that a camera in an elevator can protect you or your children from a nikka with a knife.

Go right ahead and pat a dude down in ENY.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Go right ahead and pat a dude down in ENY.

lol naw not all that but the community needs to band together and police themselves. This nikka is going around stabbing women and children, they need to handle this. Not the police...send a message. Execute his ass in the streets and let the police come pick him up. Put some money on his head...SOMETHING.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
how much you want to bet the killer is an institutionalized or homeless person who should be institutionalized?
sad freaking story

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
my question is do you guys see projects as a way to rejuvenate the black community or do you see it as a place to put poor people in?
it's a place that was built in the 60's to put black people in
look up their history

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
it's a place that was built in the 60's to put black people in
look up their history

yeah i know, that's my point, that is why they should be torn down

if its not about helping black people own property its a bullshyt housing policy

so my question still stands