After Boy and Girl Are Stabbed, Anger Over a Lack of Cameras

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
And? Does that make you an expert on poor people's living conditions? You are a capitalist by heart, so people are considered a tax, this is why you want the Free Market involved. The Free Market don't give a fukk about black people and neither do you. You have no solutions cause you are the problem.

Yeah that is true I'm definitely a capitalist and I'm for the free market, and the government owning your home is not a solution, people need to own their own homes, that is the free market, capitalist way, and there needs to more capitalism in the black community

That is the fundemental problem with projects, it discourages capitalism, trade and business in the black communities

And of course the free market doesn't care about black people, so what, is that what it's about, you are looking for somebody that cares about you? You want a hug? (No homo)

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
nothing, the free market should decide

i do think the government should help people own property, so i would suggest government grants or loans to people that live there

and also there are all sorts of mixed use development projects that are created when they got rid of projects in other places

but the point is the government shouldn't be in the business of owning people's homes and telling people where to live
The same government grants that they gave soldiers who came back from WW2 to build the suburbs? Do you know how disgusting New York City was when there wasn't public housing?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Don't provide solutions to your answer and use empty phrases to make up for your limited understanding of complex issues, Brehs.

Project demolition has been going in for the past 20 years all over the country, and they are replaced with mixed use development and over all it's been working

I think it's you that doesn't know what you are talking about

Owning property is not an empty slogan, owning property is the basis of the American economy, so when you have a large amount of people living in projects what you have is a large group of people that are not fully participating in the American economy

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
The same government grants that they gave soldiers who came back from WW2 to build the suburbs? Do you know how disgusting New York City was when there wasn't public housing?

the government did not give grants, they gave VA loans to returning soldiers and yes i am suggesting that the government do grants or loans to residents of demolished projects

do you know how much better communities have become after projects are demolished, you do realize that demolishing projects has been going on for past decade right?

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
the government did not give grants, they gave VA loans to returning soldiers and yes i am suggesting that the government do grants or loans to residents of demolished projects

do you know how much better communities have become after projects are demolished, you do realize that demolishing projects has been going on for past decade right?
Nah, the government gave grants to build suburbs.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Project demolition has been going in for the past 20 years all over the country, and they are replaced with mixed use development and over all it's been working

I think it's you that doesn't know what you are talking about

Owning property is not an empty slogan, owning property is the basis of the American economy, so when you have a large amount of people living in projects what you have is a large group of people that are not fully participating in the American economy

So property developers and property owners not the residents you're displacing get rich off of subsidies and cheap land and that is your answer?

What are these people supposed to buy property with? Your answer was government loans. That they most likely wouldn't and shouldn't be entitled to.

So then they're essentially homeless or HUD or whatever agency picks up the tab puts them in buildings that already exist and push out other working people. Brilliant.

Again this doesn't help the people who lived in "government housing" it only helps developers and property owners(again not the former residents).

You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about as usual.

Lets tear down buildings for thousands and not have anywhere for them to go.
Lets frame this as getting free from the government when the government still picks up the tab and enriches a select few property owners and developers.

:heh:

Believe me I know all about it.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
So property developers and property owners not the residents you're displacing get rich off of subsidies and cheap land and that is your answer?

What are these people supposed to buy property with? Your answer was government loans. That they most likely wouldn't and shouldn't be entitled to.

So then they're essentially homeless or HUD or whatever agency picks up the tab puts them in buildings that already exist and push out other working people. Brilliant.

Again this doesn't help the people who lived in "government housing" it only helps developers and property owners(again not the former residents).

You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about as usual.

Lets tear down buildings for thousands and not have anywhere for them to go.
Lets frame this as getting free from the government when the government still picks up the tab and enriches a select few property owners and developers.

:heh:

Believe me I know all about it.

again, you dont know what you are talking about, project demolition has been going on already and its helped people find better living conditions and it has reduced crime

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
do the residents want cameras? thatd be news to me :ehh:
that's what i thought this thread was about... that's what i wanted to know.... and/or discuss, i guess.... i keep forgetting partisans use tricky titles to rope people into discussions that have nothing to do with anything but their agenda....

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Actually it has, getting rid of Cabrini projects was a good thing

Please tell me how displacing that many individuals while reneging on their new apartment tickets to give a big break to a large corporation (Target) to build where their mixed income apartments were supposed to be was a good thing.

I'll wait for your non-Chicago opinion.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
nothing, the free market should decide

i do think the government should help people own property, so i would suggest government grants or loans to people that live there

and also there are all sorts of mixed use development projects that are created when they got rid of projects in other places

but the point is the government shouldn't be in the business of owning people's homes and telling people where to live

Worst post of the year and it's only June.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Please tell me how displacing that many individuals while reneging on their new apartment tickets to give a big break to a large corporation (Target) to build where their mixed income apartments were supposed to be.

I'll wait for your non-Chicago opinion.

its good because they no longer live in crime ridden decrepit buildings