hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Avengers went for 7 and got a 7.

TDKR went for 10 and got a 9.

Maybe Avengers should've went for a 10. :youngsabo:

If the scale is 10, and "TDKR" is a 9 what the fukk is "The Dark Knight"?

People are seriously sitting here telling me these two movies are that close? Like there isn't an obvious, massive gaping chasm between the two? :why:

Fred.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
There's a limit though...how can Nolan says he wants to be grounded in realism but allow Bruce Wayne to fix his spine by stretching it out?

How can you choose to direct a movie about Batman but have him do something WAAAY out of character like taking a break for 8 years or allowing Talia Al Ghul to slip under your radar. The Batman? The greatest detective in DC universe? The de facto superhero in a city so corrupt that a man trains himself to the peak of human perfection in order to wage a one man war on crime??

It's like making a cooking show but having 50% of the show be about...finance or some shyt...

Face it: Nolan took liberties in what he considered "realistic" and in the end he made DKR more of a clusterfukk than it needed to be. It did NOT have to be like this.

I noticed you said in a previous post that you didn't like TDKR because certain plot points didn't fit within the source material, so in that case you can't really argue with someone who wants it to be exactly like the comic, when you're supposed to know that it's a different interpretation of batman before even watching it.

Anways here goes, Nolan wanted to make a more "human" batman. So that basically means doing "human" things like being irrational, stubborn, emotional etc. Also, Talia Al Ghul is also Ras' daughter, so she probably knows how to make moves unnoticed. You're talking about batman like he's literally a machine, not once deviating from a set point or parameters. The problem is, he's a human and humans tend to do things that make you go :wtf: because we're emotional and illogical creatures.

Also, you need to consider that there has to be a damn catalyst in the movie. There needs to be a backstory or a set of circumstances to initiate the proceedings. If they copy and pasted some shyt from the comics it would have been boring. You're source of contempt with this movie stems from it's deviation from the comics. The problem is people like to bytch period, and if it isn't this, then people would bytch about it beeing too prototypical and unoriginal. So the point is you can't please everyone, and it's better to please people wanting to see an interesting movie with a familiar character, rather than die hard comic nerds.:yeshrug:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was NOLANS Batman

not Grant Morrisons
not Scott Snyder
not Frank Miller
not Paul Dini the gawd

None of these writers but Nolan would have Batman take a 8 year break, unless unwilling due to age. Bruce in himself is a psychopath.....he went off the deep end when his parents died....even if there was no major threat in Gotham at the time of those 8 years....he would still suit up and stop a rapist, mugger, home invasion and what ever else crime there is in the city. Not only that but he would keep his self sharp and in shape just in case some major shyt popped up...because he needs to be always prepared....its engrained in his metal

still loved the movie though

so u just gonna ignore the fact that nolan aint even the first writer to put batman on hiatus for EIGHT years.

oh. my bad. the dark knight returns starts 10 years since the last reported sighting of batman. and like i said, the reasoning was no better/worse than nolan's.

it's nolan's vision. but there's precedent.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
so u just gonna ignore the fact that nolan aint even the first writer to put batman on hiatus for EIGHT years.

oh. my bad. the dark knight returns starts 10 years since the last reported sighting of batman. and like i said, the reasoning was no better/worse than nolan's.

it's nolan's vision. but there's precedent.

It was an old age Batman witch I mentioned....and even after that hiatus he was still a great detective.....any missteps of that Batman was only due to that he was old...Nolan's Batman taking a break in his prime years made no sense in terms with the oringal charater

Honestly that's the only thing that bugged me with the movie

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
just bought tdkr & watched it again sober... movies filled wit bullsh!t.... catwomans whole involvement coulda been some random b!tch, plus whippin a batcycle she never drove... banes downfall... everything talia... bruce out in the open drinkin but nobody recognizes him... the feds know the masked man is bane but gordon reports it & no one comes.... everybody assumed bruce died but nobody seen him before or after the takeover, whatd he die from, he wasnt reclusive anymore.... his house becomes xavier institute.... scarecrow judgin is probably the role they wanted joker for.... banes the only reason i like this d@mn movie....

avengers is way better, im puttin in TDK now to see joker & recover from this, nolan was on a roll too...

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I noticed you said in a previous post that you didn't like TDKR because certain plot points didn't fit within the source material, so in that case you can't really argue with someone who wants it to be exactly like the comic, when you're supposed to know that it's a different interpretation of batman before even watching it.

Anways here goes, Nolan wanted to make a more "human" batman. So that basically means doing "human" things like being irrational, stubborn, emotional etc. Also, Talia Al Ghul is also Ras' daughter, so she probably knows how to make moves unnoticed. You're talking about batman like he's literally a machine, not once deviating from a set point or parameters. The problem is, he's a human and humans tend to do things that make you go :wtf: because we're emotional and illogical creatures.

Also, you need to consider that there has to be a damn catalyst in the movie. There needs to be a backstory or a set of circumstances to initiate the proceedings. If they copy and pasted some shyt from the comics it would have been boring. You're source of contempt with this movie stems from it's deviation from the comics. The problem is people like to bytch period, and if it isn't this, then people would bytch about it beeing too prototypical and unoriginal. So the point is you can't please everyone, and it's better to please people wanting to see an interesting movie with a familiar character, rather than die hard comic nerds.:yeshrug:

This is pretty much not what I said or was trying to communicte...doesn't even make sense because Avengers deviated from the source and like I said, did a far better job IMO.

And Batman IS akin to a machine, that's the point :snoop:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
This is pretty much not what I said or was trying to communicte...doesn't even make sense because Avengers deviated from the source and like I said, did a far better job IMO.

And Batman IS akin to a machine, that's the point :snoop:

You literally said this in a previous post...

"The qualms with DKR are valld and mostly backed up with pretty good reasoning. It's not plot holes, it's forcing characters and storylines that do not makes sense within the context of the source material."

So apparently it was...

You also missed my point in which I said Nolan created a different interpretation of batman, a more HUMAN one. It isn't any worse just because it isn't identical to the comic version, and btw he really wasn't a machine even in the comics.

Also, to your point about the avenger, these are two different films yes? I think Nolan's point was to go in a different direction compared to what they did with the avengers.

You sound like you would enjoy that garbage done by Kilmer and Clooney instead,:heh:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You literally said this in a previous post...

"The qualms with DKR are valld and mostly backed up with pretty good reasoning. It's not plot holes, it's forcing characters and storylines that do not makes sense within the context of the source material."

So apparently it was...

You also missed my point in which I said Nolan created a different interpretation of batman, a more HUMAN one. It isn't any worse just because it isn't identical to the comic version, and btw he really wasn't a machine even in the comics.

Also, to your point about the avenger, these are two different films yes? I think Nolan's point was to go in a different direction compared to what they did with the avengers.

You sound like you would enjoy that garbage done by Kilmer and Clooney instead,:heh:
But it didn't have to be exactly like the source material. Just not a b*stardised nonsensical version of it which it was in various parts that I and other people pointed out. Putting cheddar on chicken parm and calling it "your interpretation" of chicken parm. That's what Nolan did. No one was asking for the entire Knightfall saga in film form.

And no...the Kilmer and Clooney movies were trash. Also, my only qualm with Nolans trilogy was DKR. Everything else was fine, save for muttly Maggie Gyllenhal as a love interest and killing off Two Face.

And he is like a machine. Human yeah but he's actually insane. See Batman RIP where he has a mental personality created within himself in case he ever goes off the deep end or is being mind controlled. Bats is crazy, its just that his insanity yields crime fighter not psycho killer

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Since I watch 'comic book movies' to see comic book shyt pop off...Avengers wins in a landslide.

Nolan's quest for "realism" after Batman Begins dragged the fun of the other two movies down. TDK is mostly enjoyable because of the unrealistic Joker character causing mayhem like in the comics.

He tried the same 'realism' template with DKR without a compelling 'unrealistic' character like the joker and it failed.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Batman Begins was dope. The Dark Knight was a proper follow up the the two movies flowed. Not having the same Rachel though fukked it up for me. Honestly they would've been better off incoporating Two Face in the TDKR, introduce Bane but ditch any ties to the Leage of Shadows connection.

Bruce Wayne was retired so they Bane and Nataliah could've easiy showed up and killed him since they knew who he was. Their whole plan was just dumb. The more you think about the plot and break it down, the more :wtf: feelings I come away with.

Daps
those of you calling TDKR atleast pretend you know youre in the minority with that opinion...

Avengers is not a better movie...and no one can convince me otherwise

TDKR had the better character development, emotion, acting, directing, etc...Avengers had better action sequences but ive grown out of going to see movies for action

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Lol I peeped on this site that nikkaz feel better about themselves when they say they watch movies that don't have that much action

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the scale is 10, and "TDKR" is a 9 what the fukk is "The Dark Knight"?

People are seriously sitting here telling me these two movies are that close? Like there isn't an obvious, massive gaping chasm between the two? :why:

Fred.

"The Dark Knight" is a 10.

TDK is just a tad better than TDKR.

But TDKR with Joker...:whew: