After a second watch, Dark Knight Rises >>> Avengers

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
nikkas can't be serious. Even from the trailers you could tell TDKR was gonna be better than the avengers. Avengers was good for what it was, a blockbuster summer movie. Dark Knight was a great movie in multiple facets.

Apparently it's cool to shyt on TDKR now :what:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
avengers was overrated in my book...thought it was just ok, the iron man movies shyt all over avengers.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I agree that it was a good movie but batman was a dumbass.

1. After about 8 years on the bench did dude really think he could take on a criminal army? Sure he ran away from the cops but he knew he was going up against the league of shadows. When Bane gave him that ass woppin i thought he deserved it

2. That he could not figure out that Trish/Talia was the obvious leak is kind of disturbing. Just because the only people who knew about the clean energy device was him fox and Talia and he knew Fox longer then Talia.
This was my problem.

If a Batman exists...not only is he the ultimate detective but he is the pinnacle of non-powered superheros. Not only that but if there IS a Batman...8 years??? nikka...Bruce barely stops for 8 HOURS of sleep. He sleeps in 15 minute intervals and shyt. 8 years??? If a Batman exists then Gotham City is fukking CESSPOOL. It's THE cesspool from which all cesspools spring. Batman can't take 8 years off.

That's how you know Nolan only did it to keep the studios away or some other shyt. Because anyone who took 10 minutes to read a Batman comic would know that there's no stopping of "The Mission". There's no rest. When Bats left for a year the whole city went into chaos. The corrupt cops, the freaks, the mob. A bust like the shyt that went down in TDK would slow Gotham down for a few months at best and then the crime power vaccum would be filed.

Bruce getting taken down by Bane? Believable. Bruce allowing Talia to slip in like that? Borderline retarded. That's not Batman. shyt that's not even dikk Grayson....it's just stupid and an insult to the character.

As a comic book fan, Avengers was a far more complete, and logical story.

As a moviegoer...it's whatever. They'll b*stardize whatever they need to to make that bread. You just gotta accept it. But it's not immune from criticism.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was my problem.

If a Batman exists...not only is he the ultimate detective but he is the pinnacle of non-powered superheros. Not only that but if there IS a Batman...8 years??? nikka...Bruce barely stops for 8 HOURS of sleep. He sleeps in 15 minute intervals and shyt. 8 years??? If a Batman exists then Gotham City is fukking CESSPOOL. It's THE cesspool from which all cesspools spring. Batman can't take 8 years off.

That's how you know Nolan only did it to keep the studios away or some other shyt. Because anyone who took 10 minutes to read a Batman comic would know that there's no stopping of "The Mission". There's no rest. When Bats left for a year the whole city went into chaos. The corrupt cops, the freaks, the mob. A bust like the shyt that went down in TDK would slow Gotham down for a few months at best and then the crime power vaccum would be filed.

Bruce getting taken down by Bane? Believable. Bruce allowing Talia to slip in like that? Borderline retarded. That's not Batman. shyt that's not even dikk Grayson....it's just stupid and an insult to the character.

As a moviegoer...it's whatever. They'll b*stardize whatever they need to to make that bread. You just gotta accept it. But it's not immune from criticism.
As a comic book fan I found them both complete. Comics, like movies, have many different genres and those two movies gave us two different types.

Also the depiction of Batman by Nolan is just one of the MANY different incarnations of the character. Look at Nolan's version as an Elseworld story.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
This whole marvel vs dc shyt is childish as hell. Why is it that people who enjoy both are in the minority? shyt is like the console or cell phone wars. If u like one u gotta shyt on the other? I liked both movies. Rises wasn't as good as Dark Knight but few movies are period. Personally I liked it a lil more than avengers but its close. Both are good for what they were. Nikkas going out of their way to analyze every plot hole in DKR finding reasons to hate on it need to get a fukkinf life tho

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
This whole marvel vs dc shyt is childish as hell. Why is it that people who enjoy both are in the minority? shyt is like the console or cell phone wars. If u like one u gotta shyt on the other? I liked both movies. Rises wasn't as good as Dark Knight but few movies are period. Personally I liked it a lil more than avengers but its close. Both are good for what they were. Nikkas going out of their way to analyze every plot hole in DKR finding reasons to hate on it need to get a fukkinf life tho

this is how people have fun

you don't remeber as a kid talking about who would win in a fight hulk or superman. This is just an adult extension of that because it is all make believe. :sadbron:
1066235_o.gif

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
1. It's a message board. People discuss topics and give opinions.

2. The qualms with DKR are valld and mostly backed up with pretty good reasoning. It's not plot holes, it's forcing characters and storylines that do not makes sense within the context of the source material.

fukk DC vs. Marvel. Both sides have had hits and misses. The X-Men movies are all trash to me. Every last one of them right down to Wolverine. I've read fanfics better than that garbage. Iron Man and Avengers though? All cream of the crop. Spiderman movies? Trash. Amazing has potential. Daredevil was garbage. Elektra was garbage. Blade? 2 outta 3 ain't bad. Captain America was lukewarm at best.

As for DC, their only good shyt has been Bats. GL? Trash. Superman Returns? Doo doo.

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
1. It's a message board. People discuss topics and give opinions.

2. The qualms with DKR are valld and mostly backed up with pretty good reasoning. It's not plot holes, it's forcing characters and storylines that do not makes sense within the context of the source material.

fukk DC vs. Marvel. Both sides have had hits and misses. The X-Men movies are all trash to me. Every last one of them right down to Wolverine. I've read fanfics better than that garbage. Iron Man and Avengers though? All cream of the crop. Spiderman movies? Trash. Amazing has potential. Daredevil was garbage. Elektra was garbage. Blade? 2 outta 3 ain't bad. Captain America was lukewarm at best.

As for DC, they're only good shyt has been Bats. GL? Trash. Superman Returns? Doo doo.

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Im not talking about this board specifically. Just the general sentiment over the net breaking down the movie like its supposed to be godfather level of realism. Stuff like complaining that Bruce got his spine fixed by stetching it out in prison. When did we start looking for THAT kind of level of realism in a comic book movie? Seemed to be around the same time DKR came out coincidentally. Might as well be complaining that flying around on a stealth aircaft carrier isnt realistic.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Im not talking about this board specifically. Just the general sentiment over the net breaking down the movie like its supposed to be godfather level of realism. Stuff like complaining that Bruce got his spine fixed by stetching it out in prison. When did we start looking for THAT kind of level of realism in a comic book movie? Seemed to be around the same time DKR came out coincidentally. Might as well be complaining that flying around on a stealth aircaft carrier isnt realistic.
There's a limit though...how can Nolan says he wants to be grounded in realism but allow Bruce Wayne to fix his spine by stretching it out?

How can you choose to direct a movie about Batman but have him do something WAAAY out of character like taking a break for 8 years or allowing Talia Al Ghul to slip under your radar. The Batman? The greatest detective in DC universe? The de facto superhero in a city so corrupt that a man trains himself to the peak of human perfection in order to wage a one man war on crime??

It's like making a cooking show but having 50% of the show be about...finance or some shyt...

Face it: Nolan took liberties in what he considered "realistic" and in the end he made DKR more of a clusterfukk than it needed to be. It did NOT have to be like this.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was my problem.

Nah. Batman left for 8 years in the dark knight returns and Gotham was in much worse shape during that story. There's precedent. And there was literally no need for batman in Nolan's story. He did what he set out to do. The good guys won. Gotham was reformed because of the Harvey dent act.

The effect that has on Bruce is twofold. One, he can't be batman. Doing so undermines everything that is being built in dents name. And two, he finally accomplished his mission, and the person he thinks he was meant to celebrate with is dead. He's like citizen Kane (rosebud/Rachel). Now that he finally has everything he wanted, it's all empty. What he lost to get there has defeated him.

"Victory has defeated you."

And of course talia could infiltrate. That was Alfred's point. This isn't the batman we left at the end of the dark knight. This is a bitter old man thats forced himself into exile instead if letting go of the past and embracing the future. TDK Bruce would've caught talia slipping early. shyt, as a matter of fact, its not much different from him catching Lao. But TDKR Bruce is an actor trying to play a role that he's outgrown. Talia getting the drop on him shouldn't be any more surprising then bane beating his ass.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I need to clarify. This ain't DC vs Marvel. I think "The Dark Knight" is a much better movie than "The Avengers". A classic even.

Having said that, "TDKR" was garbage. Easily worse than "The Avengers", which was only just a fun, epic pop corn movie.

Let me break it down like this. "TDKR" and "Avengers" are two of your friends, both in the same club. "TDKR" spends the whole night trying to get a 10, "Avengers" tries to get a 7. At the end of the night "TDKR" goes home alone, "Avengers" goes home with a strong 7. Am I supposed to praise "TDKR" for what it was trying to do, but failed? :wtf:

Fred.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I need to clarify. This ain't DC vs Marvel. I think "The Dark Knight" is a much better movie than "The Avengers". A classic even.

Having said that, "TDKR" was garbage. Easily worse than "The Avengers", which was only just a fun, epic pop corn movie.

Let me break it down like this. "TDKR" and "Avengers" are two of your friends, both in the same club. "TDKR" spends the whole night trying to get a 10, "Avengers" tries to get a 7. At the end of the night "TDKR" goes home alone, "Avengers" goes home with a strong 7. Am I supposed to praise "TDKR" for what it was trying to do, but failed? :wtf:

Fred.

:ohhh:

Lee_Land

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hurricanes, Oil Spills, n Bounties

Fred.

ThinkingGradualAwesome.gif

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Nah. Batman left for 8 years in the dark knight returns and Gotham was in much worse shape during that story. There's precedent. And there was literally no need for batman in Nolan's story. He did what he set out to do. The good guys won. Gotham was reformed because of the Harvey dent act.

The effect that has on Bruce is twofold. One, he can't be batman. Doing so undermines everything that is being built in dents name. And two, he finally accomplished his mission, and the person he thinks he was meant to celebrate with is dead. He's like citizen Kane (rosebud/Rachel). Now that he finally has everything he wanted, it's all empty. What he lost to get there has defeated him.

"Victory has defeated you."

And of course talia could infiltrate. That was Alfred's point. This isn't the batman we left at the end of the dark knight. This is a bitter old man thats forced himself into exile instead if letting go of the past and embracing the future. TDK Bruce would've caught talia slipping early. shyt, as a matter of fact, its not much different from him catching Lao. But TDKR Bruce is an actor trying to play a role that he's outgrown. Talia getting the drop on him shouldn't be any more surprising then bane beating his ass.

This was NOLANS Batman

not Grant Morrisons
not Scott Snyder
not Frank Miller
not Paul Dini the gawd

None of these writers but Nolan would have Batman take a 8 year break, unless unwilling due to age. Bruce in himself is a psychopath.....he went off the deep end when his parents died....even if there was no major threat in Gotham at the time of those 8 years....he would still suit up and stop a rapist, mugger, home invasion and what ever else crime there is in the city. Not only that but he would keep his self sharp and in shape just in case some major shyt popped up...because he needs to be always prepared....its engrained in his metal

still loved the movie though

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Avengers went for 7 and got a 7.

TDKR went for 10 and got a 9.

Maybe Avengers should've went for a 10. :youngsabo: