After a second watch, Dark Knight Rises >>> Avengers

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I literally have no interest in ever revisiting TDKR again....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

This. shyt was trash. It was so bad I find it hard to believe Nolan and his bro had anything to do with it.

Fred.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. shyt was trash. It was so bad I find it hard to believe Nolan and his bro had anything to do with it.

Fred.

explain how it was "so trash"? A movie that's "terrible" or "so trash" is something like spiderman 3 or Blade trinity. Neither of these movies are in that pit of garbageness.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Carné Asada;2451329 said:
explain how it was "so trash"? A movie that's "terrible" or "so trash" is something like spiderman 3 or Blade trinity. Neither of these movies are in that pit of garbageness.

You're acting like every bad movie should be judged by the same standards, which makes no sense.

Is "Troll 2" a bad movie? Of course. Is it worse than "TDRK"? Of course. That doesn't change the fact that, given the talent and money involved, "TDKR" is a far worse movie than should be possible.

As I said in another thread:

http://www.the-coli.com/2280026-post2429.html

And....

http://www.the-coli.com/2252748-post2394.html

Also:

People that think this movie is :whoo: I gotta ask, how often do you watch movies?

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Looking over the year.....right now, The Avengers is somewhere 5-10 on my list. TDKR may not make the Top 25

In April I would've expected exactly the opposite.

Bane was cool and the opening scene was great. The rest of the film is a giant mess though.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're acting like every bad movie should be judged by the same standards, which makes no sense.

Is "Troll 2" a bad movie? Of course. Is it worse than "TDRK"? Of course. That doesn't change the fact that, given the talent and money involved, "TDKR" is a far worse movie than should be possible.

As I said in another thread:

http://www.the-coli.com/2280026-post2429.html

And....

http://www.the-coli.com/2252748-post2394.html

Also:

Honest Trailers - The Dark Knight Rises - YouTube

People that think this movie is :whoo: I gotta ask, how often do you watch movies?

Fred.

Lol, that second link you posted you pretty much gave props to 85% of what made the movie yet you call it wack?

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Both were great. but i dont care if i never see TDKR again. LET THE SKY FALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're both great.

Those Bane one-liners.......:wow:

But in the end, The Avengers was better. It was good old fashioned fun. nikkas take movies too fukking serious now. So, in a series of movies about a billionaire that dresses up as a bat to fight crime, you're looking for PERFECT logic? fukkouttahere.

The Avengers didn't take itself too seriously, and was able to come off as entertaining.

shyt blew up

Whedon laced everybody with at least one or two funny lines

RDJ basically performed the whole movie with the :youngsabo: face

Throw in the decent bits of character interaction, and it's a good, fun movie.

and these nikkas had a Helicarrier! :gladbron:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly enjoyed Dredd more than any other comic book based movie this year.
Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, and The Dark Knight Rises were all dope but I'll give the edge to TDKR.
Ghost Rider was easily the worse one that dropped this year.

When someone here mentions that a movie is bad it is best to take that opinion with a grain of salt.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
i like both but i gotta go wit avengers.... only time dkr was good was all bane imo., ive owned it since it came out but its faulty & only reason im coppin the real today just for real trilogy.. caps tellin tony put on the suit.... thor "hes adopted".... hulk actually makin the theater laugh.... all the fights were great, dkr fights were lame, except 1... the add ins, character dynamic, how they came together, sh!t was deeper than dkr to me, nothin was deep in dkr, it all happened better in dark knight... lol @ talia surpisin n!ggas when the trailer & cast was out a year earlier... n!gga next to me in the theater was like :ohhh:, i was like :aicmon:

i know hawkeye & widow are ogs but they were :trash: my only regrets from avengers...

now if you talkin The Dark Knight we got a whole new discussion....

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Avengers was pure hype. The movie was meh. The entire main action set piece was a complete rip ofc transformers 3.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

Fred.

TDKR was complete and utter trash. Why can't dudes understand that just because the TDK and TDKR was nowhere near the same level of quality? Just because the TDK was the goat doesn't make TDKR a great movie. I felt insulted watching TDRK. Avengers was way better and it's not even close.