African Union Plans for Single, Common Passport, Free Trade Across the Continent

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite a full decade of economic growth, no one (outside of the Chinese) seems to recognize the economic potential of the continent. There have been countless articles written about the fact that many OECD countries only view Africa in terms of foreign aid instead of a financial/investment goldmine so this scare mongering some of ya'll are doing around here is really off the charts.

Outsiders can't do anything sovereign nations besides impose sanctions. Which doesn't mean much if you have other means of generating income.

Hillary Emails Reveal True Motive for Libya Intervention | Foreign Policy Journal
Ripped From Hillary’s Emails: French Plot to Overthrow Gaddafi and Help Itself to Libya’s Oil - FPIF

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Yet those were your only examples. :francis:

I'm trying to figure out why you are fighting me :yeshrug:

Garvey would be Africa and America
Liberia
Folks pulling aid after banning Gays in Africa

Is the American slave trade an injustice to just African Americans or naw?

EDIT: You just here to fight folk for no reason :francis:

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
I'm trying to figure out why you are fighting me :yeshrug:

Garvey would be Africa and America
Liberia
Folks pulling aid after banning Gays in Africa

Is the American slave trade an injustice to just African Americans or naw?

EDIT: You just here to fight folk for no reason :francis:
Nah, I just think you're paranoid and misinformed.

The West does a lot of shady things to undermine African development, particularly by keeping it in debt and dependent but you have yet to provide a justification or plausible way that anyone outside of the AU would or could block this move.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps

Whatever his intentions are with that comment, he is actually right. This could be disastrous for the American dollar and united currency, a united nation and a global powerhouse, They could demote the US overnight if they all came together. Expect ALOT of covert bullshyt to come from this. "Terrorist" acts committed against the US, a new massive enemy that requires us to go into that continent and dismember it from the inside out. I mean the thought of Black Dominance is terrifying to white Supremacy homey. This is why we stay in other brown people's country. To rape their resources and divide their leadership to never unite.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite a full decade of economic growth, no one (outside of the Chinese) seems to recognize the economic potential of the continent. There have been countless articles written about the fact that many OECD countries only view Africa in terms of foreign aid instead of a financial/investment goldmine so this scare mongering some of ya'll are doing around here is really off the charts.

Outsiders can't do anything sovereign nations besides impose sanctions. Which doesn't mean much if you have other means of generating income.
:russell:

Libya is an African country in geography only.

In an ideal world you're absolutely correct. That's the whole point of sovereignty -- where governments are in charge of things happening within their borders. Unfortunately, the US has a foreign policy where they routinely violate international law and meddle in the affairs of other countries. America is a quasi-empire. You can't do anything without their permission and support.

Gaddafi tried to create a pan-African currency backed by gold, thereby, becoming independent of white supremacist fiat system. Hillary Clinton, through the Clinton Foundation, NATO, and the French had him taken out. Many people don't have a problem with it because they've given into the 'evil dictator' narrative that the western media loves to use on puppet heads of states who go rogue (Hello Saddam).

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I just think you're paranoid and misinformed.

The West does a lot of shady things to undermine African development, particularly by keeping it in debt and dependent but you have yet to provide a justification or plausible way that anyone outside of the AU would or could block this move.

It wouldn't be an overt move and I doubt it would be immediate. I said nothing about blocking it, of course it will go through. But you can't sit there and tell me that it won't benefit the wrong people and undermine what they are trying to accomplish somewhere down the line.

Like solar energy and the debt that is piling up because Chinese business are moving in saying "cheap renewable energy!" that is costing some of those places millions. With shoddy solar panels.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
It wouldn't be an overt move and I doubt it would be immediate. I said nothing about blocking it, of course it will go through. But you can't sit there and tell me that it won't benefit the wrong people and undermine what they are trying to accomplish somewhere down the line.

Like solar energy and the debt that is piling up because Chinese business are moving in saying "cheap renewable energy!" that is costing some of those places millions. With shoddy solar panels.

She kinda contradicted herself here:

The West does a lot of shady things to undermine African development

Then

you have yet to provide a justification or plausible way that anyone outside of the AU would or could block this move.

@AfroLighting doesn't need to 'provide' anything since you just admitted that 'the west does alot of shady things to undermine African development'. By observing an institution's past actions you can accurate predict what will happen in the future. The west never had a justification for undermining African development. So common sense tells you that if the AU is something that will further Africa's development....................
....guess what's going to happen?

Last edited:

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
In an ideal world you're absolutely correct. That's the whole point of sovereignty -- where governments are in charge of things happening within their borders. Unfortunately, the US has a foreign policy where they routinely violate international law and meddle in the affairs of other countries. America is a quasi-empire. You can't do anything without their permission and support.

Gaddafi tried to create a pan-African currency backed by gold, thereby, becoming independent of white supremacist fiat system. Hillary Clinton, through the Clinton Foundation, NATO, and the French had him taken out. Many people don't have a problem with it because they've given into the 'evil dictator' narrative that the western media loves to use on puppet heads of states who go rogue (Hello Saddam).

Assad and Ahmadinejad as well.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast

I don't disagree with any of this. I was under the impression that you held the mistaken belief that outsiders could outwardly block the move in some way, as if they had a legal say in the policy decisions of the AU.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I really wish there were like a network of military trained Africans across the diaspora to communicate with each other. Or even to help train citizens with basic self defense of some sort. Whatchu think is a good way to combat modern "terrorism" usually funded and armed directly from Caucasoids?

I`m not going to talk military on here, but I dont think training is an issue, funding is, which Is why I brought up could this move spark a "rise" in terror attacks.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I don't disagree with any of this. I was under the impression that you held the mistaken belief that outsiders could outwardly block the move in some way, as if they had a legal say in the policy decisions of the AU.

Who defines what's 'legal'? The west makes all the rules. They could break their own rules if they wanted.