African Union Plans for Single, Common Passport, Free Trade Across the Continent

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
As long as they have their anti terrorism game on point, and contingencies in place to protect the locals from being priced out of land and business opportunities this could be ok i guess...

There's a lot that can go wrong here

I don't know why they're doing this so soon - seems premature. :patrice:
Also I really wish they did this without involving north africa :francis:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
8a75d9ede50af74398d07249282bc4a2.jpg

2217896_orig.jpg

f775c80344bc10ff99e84acb44812f4b.jpg

37626_420103173429_325974633429_4527895_5008283_n.jpg
Damn cacs straight sent them back to the stoneage

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
This just doesn't seem like a good idea.
I love the AU and want it to succeed, especially with seven African states with burgeoning economies, and five more still growing, but there need to be much stronger militaries a part of each of their countries before this can fare as well as the leaders hope.

They need to get the basics right IMO. Managing a borderless system requires an incredible amount of cooperation and political maturity. Most of these regimes can't run a nation state let alone take part in a supranational one. It would require treating citizens of other countries like your own...yet most African states can't even treat their own citizens as first class citizens.

Not to mention funding to run everything.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need to get the basics right IMO. Managing a borderless system requires an incredible amount of cooperation and political maturity. Most of these regimes can't run a nation state let alone take part in a supranational one. It would require treating citizens of other countries like your own...yet most African states can't even treat their own citizens as first class citizens.

Not to mention funding to run everything.
Definitely, part of the reason the EU works so well is because (nearly) all of it's countries are in good working order, strong infrastructure, moderately good economies, stable political systems, no terrorist groups controlling portions of the countries, etc.
I want to see the progression of this idea now that its been out forth though, maybe it will aid in spending up development.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
What exactly are you trying to convey here? Because it looks like this is an anti-Soviet post.
He is trying to say that Africa's is vulnerable to outside forces. For example alot of these wahhabi groups like Boko Haram,AL Shabbab etc got some type of funding from the Persian Gulf states in the mideast. The west has the capability to destabilize many African nations. The US destabilized Haiti in 2004 to get rid of Aristide by arming and training ex military men. The west could do the same in some fragile African countries.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I really wish there were like a network of military trained Africans across the diaspora to communicate with each other. Or even to help train citizens with basic self defense of some sort. Whatchu think is a good way to combat modern "terrorism" usually funded and armed directly from Caucasoids?
Joint military exercises. Intelligence sharing. Growing cooperation in dealing with organized crime elements,arms and sex trafficking, fighting extreamism and counter terrorism. Military pacts. Regional security forces like a West African anti terror force for example.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
How is that political thing gone work though? :whoo:

The fact that all this is happening right after Brexit.....:laugh:

I literally was gone to make a thread on what Brexit means to the AU. Seems they moving really fast :sas1:.

Last edited:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
As long as they have their anti terrorism game on point, and contingencies in place to protect the locals from being priced out of land and business opportunities this could be ok i guess...

There's a lot that can go wrong here

I don't know why they're doing this so soon - seems premature. :patrice:
Also I really wish they did this without involving north africa :francis:

Europe is trying to stop countries from the leaving the EU. The reason they pushing the AU so hard on all these fronts is b/se they are trying to prevent any pullback from countries post-Brexit.

I think its been said, but this can go alot of ways.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Joint military exercises. Intelligence sharing. Growing cooperation in dealing with organized crime elements,arms and sex trafficking, fighting extreamism and counter terrorism. Military pacts. Regional security forces like a West African anti terror force for example.

:ehh:

That dual citizenship with Ghana is gonna be fukking lit, brehs.

Any other countries doing similar programs like this? Any brehs/brehettes out here with a dual citizenship? What's the process?
:feedme:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Nuclear armament...to end any threat of outsider invasion once and for all....???

Or naw?

I'm just throwing the idea out there to see how brehs feel about it.