Afghanistan Thread | Taliban Rule

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

As it should be. Why does this a$$hole not want us to bring our dogs home? :hhh:

It would be fukked up to leave our own service members behind. Service dogs are legitimately our personnel, and they can even be awarded medals for heroism. I hate that any allies were left behind, but our dogs are members of our own military, and our NATO allies aren't

herodogmedal-1.jpg

Schoeller_Layka.jpg

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
As it should be. It would be fukked up to leave our own service members behind. Service dogs are legitimately our personnel, and they can even be awarded medals for heroism. I hate that any allies were left behind, but our dogs are members of our own military, and are allies are not.

Just a couple dogs that have received medals from combat
herodogmedal-1.jpg

Schoeller_Layka.jpg

The clips of them by the caskets are the absolute worst :mjcry::sadcam:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

My heart definitely breaks for Afghanistan. They're in a terrible situation and we haven't helped things. We made countless mistakes. We made a mistake with how we exited. I still struggle with seeing an alternative to staying there forever and continuing to lose lives and money. We sunk over 2 trillion dollars into the war in Afghanistan. We stayed for 20+ years. We have an infrastructure at home that is falling apart. Our healthcare system is buckling. If the every country's healthcare system were put into the Olympics, I just read the other week that the U.S. wouldn't even qualify to compete. Our healthcare system is that far behind the rest of the 1st world.

The war in Afghanistan is the definition of the Sunk Cost Fallacy.

Besides staying there forever, I really don't get what we could've done. At any point upon exiting, the Taliban would've taken over. I think it's possible we could've created a military force that was willing to fight the Taliban, but it would've taken at least 1-2 more generations. This is a system where the Taliban would torture and murder the families of those willing to stand up to them. It's not easy to get a populace like that to fight against that level of barbarism. And colonialism isn't the only reason why Afghanistan is a mess.

Also, Afghanistan is uniquely difficult to prevent outside forces from coming in through other countries to assist the Taliban. If the U.S. hadn't been separated from Britain by the Atlantic Ocean, we probably would not have been able to maintain our independence.

I feel so bad for these people, and I hate how we left, but I think it's time we spend the Afghanistan War resources here at home.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
After learning more about the afghan people, I wonder why it didn't fall faster.

It didn't fall faster because a lot of narratives are exaggerated bullshyt.

The #1 reason Afghanistan went down so fast is because too many people knew that resistance was a lost cause. What's the point of going out and shooting someone when literally nothing can be gained? All you gonna do it get yourself shot, make your wife a widow and your children orphans to be preyed upon by the Taliban as they step over your bled-out corpse. Best case scenario was perpetual war until....what exactly? And who is going to put their neck out there and start trying to achieve this perpectual, unwinnable war once it became clear that no one else was on board? What did ANYONE have to gain by resisting once it became clear that they weren't going to be able to hold off the Taliban via military means?

Afghans will continue to resist. In some regions warlords hold enough power and have strong enough defensible space that they technically could continue fighting if they desire. More importantly, in certain regions an effort will be made to resist by means outside of force - refusal to cooperate with Taliban demands or potentially being able to negotiate a middle ground.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Might have to block this nikka again, these long ass articles :why:.

His constant spamming about China is getting on my goddamn nerves. :unimpressed:

I just put him on ignore. Threads are much better now.

I've had him on ignore 4 years and when I see shyt like this it periodically reminds me why I did it. :pachaha:

But 99% of the time he ain't on my mind at all and y'all's reaction to these clean-ass threads makes no sense. :manny: