Afghanistan Thread | Taliban Rule

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I've never seen so many Afghan Women's Right's Groups representatives all over the tv.
Where were they when the only narrative was US death squads and civilian casualties?

Yep the CMIC has all kinds of people on today you've never seen before caping for a peolonged presence in Afghanistan

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Wow a realistic, honest, take from a Republican…. This is so rare it should be stickied. No one gets to point figures because both sides leadership fukked this up. They should have withdrew but definitely needed a plan to do it and probably needed to have troops stationed.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Wow a realistic, honest, take from a Republican…. This is so rare it should be stickied. No one gets to point figures because both sides leadership fukked this up. They should have withdrew but definitely needed a plan to do it and probably needed to have troops stationed.
She needs to Clear the way for her 2024 campaign

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I thought Biden's speech was reasonably effective. It got a little muddy when he said the buck stops with him but simultaneously blamed the Afghans for being cowards. In actuality though the speech was as good as it was going to get for this type of situation. Now it comes down to logistical execution on the ground to prevent any US casualties.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i only blame him for not handing the country over to the taliban faster. we should have negotiated our defeat so we could get our collaborators out safely instead of pretending they were going to stand up after we left. those people who fell off the plane didnt have to die. we could have kept it real and just told the taliban to wait till we get everybody out of their way.

other than that, i support him in at least closing the book on this 20 years of madness, no matter how much the MIC whines and attacks him

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
i only blame him for not handing the country over to the taliban faster. we should have negotiated our defeat so we could get our collaborators out safely instead of pretending they were going to stand up after we left. those people who fell off the plane didnt have to die. we could have kept it real and just told the taliban to wait till we get everybody out of their way.

other than that, i support him in at least closing the book on this 20 years of madness, no matter how much the MIC whines and attacks him

i think there is something to be said regarding the false sense of security some afghans had in their own government. that was a huge operational flaw and intelligence mis-step on the part of the US. if they knew it was all a dog and pony show the whole time and didnt prepare to evacuate afghans en masse then that is colossally irresponsible. i wanted to get out of all these quagmires and avoid them in the future...HOWEVER...if i was inheriting one i would cross all the t's and dot the i's before leaving. assuredly the govt did their wargame scenarios and contingencies but there is some sort of disconnect there..at the very least in intelligence...with how quickly the situation devolved into total Taliban control.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
i think there is something to be said regarding the false sense of security some afghans had in their own government. that was a huge operational flaw and intelligence mis-step on the part of the US. if they knew it was all a dog and pony show the whole time and didnt prepare to evacuate afghans en masse then that is colossally irresponsible. i wanted to get out of all these quagmires and avoid them in the future...HOWEVER...if i was inheriting one i would cross all the t's and dot the i's before leaving. assuredly the govt did their wargame scenarios and contingencies but there is some sort of disconnect there..at the very least in intelligence...with how quickly the situation devolved into total Taliban control.

They knew

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I hate to sound cold hearted, but all these people bemoaning what the Afghans lost could have helped by speaking up over the last two decades. The entire time we were there it was the evil imperialists...now losing the evil imperialists is a tragedy.

The American political discussion is nonsensical.
/Thread