“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

taker597

Superstar
Daps
two stories Ive heard with the Hangman thing is that he said what he said in that intial promo before Double or Nothing and Punk wanted to see him backstage afterwards to address it and he ghosted and has been on some "I wanna move on" stuff and as Punk mentioned in the interview on ESPN before the first Collision he was told what Hangman meant by it backstage (Over Colt) by Hangman himself and then he walked off without having any resolution over it it seems.

Thats the weird part to me , it should have been addressed then and I dont know why it wasnt or If Page was protected by others from Punk approaching him to clear the air
Then CM InHisPhils was born.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I think the main problem ain't even the fights backstage it's the fact that the dirt sheets are so plugged in that every single thing that goes down backstage is reported.

Their access needs to be cut off and the wrestlers told there will be consequences for leaking stuff out to the press. There's no other form of entertainment that leaks this much backstage info to the press. It's embarrassing

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think the main problem ain't even the fights backstage it's the fact that the dirt sheets are so plugged in that every single thing that goes down backstage is reported.

Their access needs to be cut off and the wrestlers told there will be consequences for leaking stuff out to the press.
There's no other form of entertainment that leaks this much backstage info to the press. It's embarrassing
Then the reporters wouldn't kiss Tony's ass and the wrestlers would see him as a Vince McMahon type of boss.:mjlol:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Their access needs to be cut off and the wrestlers told there will be consequences for leaking stuff out to the press. There's no other form of entertainment that leaks this much backstage info to the press. It's embarrassing

That’s the thing, scuffles, shyt talking that happens backstage and you get people leaking stuff and then 5 different versions

Sean Ross even admitted some of his sources weren’t behind the curtain when the incident happened but someone felt the need to leak it during the event and he felt the need to report without other verifications?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

You’re getting so close to the answer, almost there. Another option is for Tony to be as upfront speaking about AEW as he is about the Jaguars and Fulham. Be more upfront with what happened backstage with your name on it and control the narrative. It seems like Tony leaks stuff just like the wrestlers. Tony has no reason not to put his name on things

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps

I don't get scapegoating the press. You don't think some WWE wrestlers don't like each other behind the scenes and we don't hear about it? You don't think Impact running at 2% of a AEW budget doesn't have backstage problems from time to time? You don't need Daddy Pringles wallet or buying Wembley every year to have accountability and expectations for how shyt's gonna go in your own company

If it's embarrassing take it up with the ones that allow embarrassing shyt to happen, why take it out on the sheets for doing their "jobs" that they've been doing before AEW existed lol

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't get scapegoating the press. You don't think some WWE wrestlers don't like each other behind the scenes and we don't hear about it? You don't think Impact running at 2% of a AEW budget doesn't have backstage problems from time to time? You don't need Daddy Pringles wallet or buying Wembley every year to have accountability and expectations for how shyt's gonna go in your own company

If it's embarrassing take it up with the ones that allow embarrassing shyt to happen, why take it out on the sheets for doing their "jobs" that they've been doing before AEW existed lol

This company in some ways built itself off dirtsheet goodwill (From Meltzer bet, to Starrcast to making accessible scrums to literally employing people who work in Wrestling journalism)
That comfort that resulted in people having relationships different people to leak different things from different people in the locker room.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
This company in some ways built itself off dirtsheet goodwill (From Meltzer bet, to Starrcast to making accessible scrums to literally employing people who work in Wrestling journalism)
That comfort that resulted in people having relationships different people to leak different things from different people in the locker room.
And whose fault is it for allowing all that to happen?

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
imagine Brian Kendrick doing on camera sneak disses to Randy Orton on Sunday Night Heat before a PPV. Orton would've been squatting above his bag before the match was even over.
On reddit the usual suspects are making excuses for Perry - like we're just going to pretend any other main eventer in the world would not have dragged him across the floor and beat his ass once all was said and done...