“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
If that wasn't the case, Cody would still be in AEW just collecting a check. He went back to WWE to prove his value to TK after he wouldn't pay him what he wanted.

Cody mainly left because him and Khan got into it over the direction of the company/personal shyt. Money played a very small role in that. ACody doesnt give a shyt about proving anything to TK. He left WWE to prove himself to Vince.

Straight from the horse's mouth. Cody didnt leave AEW for money. Him and Khan got into it and he left.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Straight from the horse's mouth. Cody didnt leave AEW for money. Him and Khan got into it and he left.

He left because he wasn't valued the way that TK values his ex WWE guys like Punk, Mox, & Jericho. If someone doesn't believe in you or see your value, Yeah that's personal. It's why he left WWE the first time.

Now he can definitively look TK in the eyes and tell him he was wrong just like he could do Vince if he ever chose to.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I'm fairly convinced at this point Tony Khan is trying to force the MAGA Bucks out of AEW without looking like the bad guy.

He's probably fed up with having to deal with their primadona shyt and wants to run the company without the baggage of AEW still being seen as The Elite's promotion. They don't draw or bump ratings. They bring nothing to the table and have now been actively trying to sabotage the company's main star.

The key is holding onto Omega, if he can do that and lose the Bucks then that's a major W. If Miss Kenny goes then whatever, he ain't got long left at a high level anyway
How did they sabotage Punk? :gucci:

He tried to play tough guy with them when he overreacted to Hangman promo that was prolly just him trying to get their program more over with the crowd.

Bucks still showed up to work over that time putting people over while Punk wasted like a year at home refusing to show up till he had his own show. Now he back and nowhere as over as he was and might legit be the worst thing that happened to AEW.

That’s wild you really got me defending the Bucks :gucci:

Unless you know something I don’t I don’t see how they were more wrong than he was.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
He left because he wasn't valued the way that TK values his ex WWE guys like Punk, Mox, & Jericho. If someone doesn't believe in you or see your value, Yeah that's personal. It's why he left WWE the first time.

Now he can definitively look TK in the eyes and tell him he was wrong just like he could do Vince if he ever chose to.
1. You said it had to do with a pay issue. Cody said it had nothing to do with pay. Moneywise, he couldve gotten anything he wanted from Khan. The rift between Khan and Cody was about the EVP stuff and the direction of the company. Cody didnt have to prove his value compared to the ex wwe guys, Khan already saw his value, especially with WBD. They loved Cody, that's why he had his own show.

2. Cody doesnt have anything to prove to Khan in regards to "value".

Silkk

Daps
1. You said it had to do with a pay issue. Cody said it had nothing to do with pay. Moneywise, he couldve gotten anything he wanted from Khan. The rift between Khan and Cody was about the EVP stuff and the direction of the company. Cody didnt have to prove his value compared to the ex wwe guys, Khan already saw his value, especially with WBD. They loved Cody, that's why he had his own show.

2. Cody doesnt have anything to prove to Khan in regards to "value".
Cody was not getting 5 mil a year which is what Jericho, Mox, and Punk are reportedly getting.

If he couldn't get that then there's only one reason why, TK didn't value or see him in that same tier as he sees them.

Again, If someone doesn't value you the same way as they do others then yes it's personal. It's not about the money, It's about someone either believing in you and your abilities or not.

Clearly TK didn't believe in him like he does those three otherwise he would have gave him what he wanted.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Cody was not getting 5 mil a year which is what Jericho, Mox, and Punk are reportedly getting.
Again......had nothign to do with money. No matter how you try to twist this back into it being about money. Cody said it wasnt about money.

:mjlol:

Silkk

Daps
Again......had nothign to do with money. No matter how you try to twist this back into it being about money. Cody said it wasnt about money.

:mjlol:

Literally said value idk how many times but ok, You can’t comprehend what im saying, So whatever :manny:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Cody's last 1.5 years in AEW were absolutely terrible, and it was solely his own fault because TK let him do whatever he wanted. I can't say that I blame TK for not wanting to give Cody the bag after seeing what Cody was producing on television. I saw an interview sometime last year where Cody admitted he wasn't mature enough/ready for the role that he had in AEW. Their split was mutually beneficial, especially moreso for Cody.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Cody's last 1.5 years in AEW were absolutely terrible, and it was solely his own fault because TK let him do whatever he wanted. I can't say that I blame TK for not wanting to give Cody the bag after seeing what Cody was producing on television. I saw an interview sometime last year where Cody admitted he wasn't mature enough/ready for the role that he had in AEW. Their split was mutually beneficial, especially moreso for Cody.

This gets glossed over a lot, but glad someone else remembers him going directionlessly from one feud to the next after losing the TNT title to Darby. He booked himself into a corner with eliminating himself from ever competing for the top prize in the company. Really could have been easy to fix if he turned heel, but he for whatever reason (maybe the charity work he and his wife did) wouldn't turn.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Wow Collision went up another 100k in viewers against Boxing and UFC. :ohhh:

Did better on a Saturday than NXT did in the week:whoo: