“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I’m sure they do mane

For like 10-15 years now lol

Aye man I get it, I know you think extracting any info on the show is making an excuse but if everyone is saying no one is in on Saturday but if more poeple are recording it vs Dynamite's DVR whats wrong with looking to see if it garners any interest? We already posting tickets and ratings here so fukk it

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
For like 10-15 years now lol

Aye man I get it, I know you think extracting any info on the show is making an excuse but if everyone is saying no one is in on Saturday but if more poeple are recording it vs Dynamite's DVR whats wrong with looking to see if it garners any interest? We already posting tickets and ratings here so fukk it

No I believe you fam. I wasn’t being sarcastic. I don’t work for network tv, I don’t know what metrics they’re following. If you say it’s this one, I believe it.

It’s just funny watching the discourse around this stuff because it’s all existed for years but it was never mentioned until AEW hit a rough patch

Next we’ll be counting how many people revisited an episode after a months passed like “actually, the viewership is xxxx because of the 30 day delay” and muhfukkas will be in the comments like “this is actually amazing guys”

We’ve strayed so far off the path :bryan:

I’m just here for the ride

Edit: also do we have WWE’s 7 day delay ratings since this is the measuring stick now?

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
No I believe you fam. I wasn’t being sarcastic. I don’t work for network tv, I don’t know what metrics they’re following. If you say it’s this one, I believe it.

It’s just funny watching the discourse around this stuff because it’s all existed for years but it was never mentioned until AEW hit a rough patch

Next we’ll be counting how many people revisited an episode after a months passed like “actually, the viewership is xxxx because of the 30 day delay” and muhfukkas will be in the comments like “this is actually amazing guys”

We’ve strayed so far off the path :bryan:

I’m just here for the ride

When AEW wasnt hitting a rough patch people used these quantified metrics though

Dont think I didnt forget that people in here didnt believe that the demo rating was how shows were actually ranked and thought it was just some shyt Meltzer made up despite the fact they could have gone to any ratings site and seen it:mjlol:

Im only bringing these up because the Torch has only started. Do I think its funny they never did before? Sure. Do I think its weird they havent brought u WWE's DVR rankings when they are hot? Absolutley but they are something that networks look and even sites that cover ratings show them.

Ratings are usually looked at by networks after 3 releases: The Live number, Live number plus 3 days DVR and Live plus 7 Days and thats how the final ranking of the season goes.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Im only bringing these up because the Torch has only started. Do I think it’s funny they never did before? Sure. Do I think it’s weird they havent brought u WWE's DVR rankings when they are hot? Absolutley but they are something that networks look and even sites that cover ratings show them.

I believe you man.. But you do see why this stuff looks funny right, considering all of this information was around when WWE was struggling its way to being the only company in town?

Like look at the demos thing.. we’re on board, for sure.. the problem is - when WWE’s total viewership was in a tailspin, cats like Meltzer would point at that and dismiss demos - but once AEW went to war with NXT, suddenly demo (which AEW performed better in) became the only correct benchmark.

And that’s what makes people skeptical. either it’s A- been that way all along and we were being disingenuous the entire time, B- we absolutely had no idea until AEW arrived and we conveniently learned, or C- it’s all a crock of shyt.

And now we’re 7 day delaying… but only for AEW.. it’s like where does it end??

:heh:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I believe you man.. But you do see why this stuff looks funny right, considering all of this information was around when WWE was struggling its way to being the only company in town?

Like look at the demos thing.. we’re on board, for sure.. the problem is - when WWE’s total viewership was in a tailspin, cats like Meltzer would point at that and dismiss demos - but once AEW went to war with NXT, suddenly demo (which AEW performed better in) became the only correct benchmark.

And that’s what makes people skeptical. either it’s A- been that way all along and we were being disingenuous the entire time, B- we absolutely had no idea until AEW arrived and we conveniently learned, or C- it’s all a crock of shyt.

And now we’re 7 day delaying… but only for AEW.. it’s like where does it end??

:heh:

They were doing shyt in the demos in the mid to late 2010s which is why he made a big deal about it. And he always talked the demo on his show before AEW was even a thing though.
The general arguments from 2015-2019 were that people would always bring up that everything is down from 10 years ago and he was like yeah but the demo is steeply falling year to year

And this is also why to his credit hes been the first to point out that WWE is really hot again once Vince first stepped down last summer and the demo shot up (also the start of Reigns Bloodline stuff peaking and the Sami thing forming)

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
They were doing shyt in the demos in the mid to late 2010s which is why he made a big deal about it. And he always talked the demo on his show before AEW was even a thing though.
The general arguments from 2015-2019 were that people would always bring up that everything is down from 10 years ago and he was like yeah but the demo is steeply falling year to year

And this is also why to his credit hes been the first to point out that WWE is really hot again once Vince first stepped down last summer and the demo shot up (also the start of Reigns Bloodline stuff peaking and the Sami thing forming)

Meltzer has pointed to Mania last year and Cody switching sides as the start to WWE’s hot streak fwiw

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Meltzer has pointed to Mania last year and Cody switching sides as the start to WWE’s hot streak fwiw
Felt the hot streak really started Clash at the Castle.

If there ong thing that HHH has 100% accomplished that Vince completely lost sight.... He made every WWE PLE become "Can't Miss" Worthy and matter. Fans have become reengaged with the product. Vince got complacent with all these filler generic shows that only hurt his brand.

Raw and Smackdown is better to read results and catch YouTube clips, but PLE have been dope.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Felt the hot streak really started Clash at the Castle.

If there ong thing that HHH has 100% accomplished that Vince completely lost sight.... He made every WWE PLE become "Can't Miss" Worthy and matter. Fans have become reengaged with the product. Vince got complacent with all these filler generic shows that only hurt his brand.

Raw and Smackdown is better to read results and catch YouTube clips, but PLE have been dope.
WWE hot streak started when McMahon "stepped" down.
Cody's return meant a boost in house show business in early 2022, from then on a bunch of things happened that worked in favor of WWE and created this sorta "boom": Roman and The Bloodline took off as an angle, Bad Bunny and Logan Paul gave them a younger and more mainstream appeal, I've also read about the Peacock deal giving them a wider audience too. And then Vince left, which put a lot of eyes in the product just as they were about to have their best main event booking/creative streak in almost a decade all the way up to Mania. It was such a good streak that they've been able to maintain momentum even though Cokeboy ended up coming back, the company was sold and both Cody and Sami's rises didn't have as good of a follow up after WM.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
1) Lot of stooge babble is fueling the talks about sluggish ticket sales for an event with no card a month and a half away
2) Prior to the debut episode of Collision, they hadn't been in Chicago for 7 months, which given their history is an eternity for them.
These dudes online overlooked this part

Tha being said, I kinda wished they ran Collision’s debut at Wintrust instead if they were gonna do All Out at United Center (which was speculated to begin with)

I “get” why they chose that spot obviously, but UC should be treated a bit special for the PPV in this instance

Like…Dynamite/Rampage is out at NOW Arena (old All Out spot), then Collision and All Out is at UC. Fukk it, could’ve just ran Collision at Wintrust instead. Show love to all 3 local AEW venues. Who cares about “combo seats,” those two shows won’t completely match turn outs overall. They’ll be folks going to All Out that won’t even funk with the CM Punk brand (not necessarily because of Punk himself but still).