“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
At this point the people buying tickets to AEW PPVs and events are the die-hards, whatever casual viewers they had have largely slipped away, so these are the people who expect to see the New Japan stars incorporated into the shows. The fact that Ospreay is local makes it even more of a no-brainer. Their last PPV was sold on the promise of seeing two 5-star+ matches at the top of the card, they are gonna stick to that same formula. Whether I think that's a good use of their world championship is another matter, though. If Kenny is gonna headline PPVs, he should be the world champ.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
At this point the people buying tickets to AEW PPVs and events are the die-hards, whatever casual viewers they had have largely slipped away, so these are the people who expect to see the New Japan stars incorporated into the shows. The fact that Ospreay is local makes it even more of a no-brainer. Their last PPV was sold on the promise of seeing two 5-star+ matches at the top of the card, they are gonna stick to that same formula. Whether I think that's a good use of their world championship is another matter, though. If Kenny is gonna headline PPVs, he should be the world champ.
I think the issue is market fatigue. They're in Chicago every other month it feels, so it makes sense why the market is exhausted. I think they need to travel to other cities because in broadcast you can tell when certain cities aren't that energetic for the show.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I think the issue is market fatigue. They're in Chicago every other month it feels, so it makes sense why the market is exhausted. I think they need to travel to other cities because in broadcast you can tell when certain cities aren't that energetic for the show.

I was strictly talking about the issue of whether or not to have Ospreay main event at All In

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

also even "disappointing" crowds in Chicago are still blowing away most of the other places they go these days, if they can get 6500+ for a Dynamite or especially a Collision that's gonna beat the attendance for most other places (unless its a Blood & Guts show)

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I was strictly talking about the issue of whether or not to have Ospreay main event at All In
Gotcha, I'll say that sometimes there are non-title matches that should close the show. I think the issue with MJF is that he's a good talker, but his ability to headline is based on his opponent. I feel he needs to be in a feud that is built up where you want to see the person beat him. I like his current segments with Cole, but I don't think it's something you can build to close a show.

I think they kind of put themselves in a corner where many would want to see 5+ star match close, but they're also devaluing the world title by not having it close the show 3x in a row. Anyways, I think it's evident that MJF doesn't need the title to be who he is, but I think fans expect the epic rematch between Kenny and Osprey to close tbh. However, you can't really make MJF lose the title to him since there's no build up and Kenny is currently feuding with the Don Callis family. Long-term booking wise I would've given Kenny the title that he eventually drops to a built up Takeshyta

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Im surprised people think these tickets for All Out are struggling. Without a card and them just going on sale this past week they've already sold like 80% and this is with them gradually opening new sections. I'd have expected like maybe 4k or 5k especially with it being so close to All In

People talk about its drying up cause they going back to Chicago too often and Im like have you seen how they're doing drawing elsewhere? Its like 2-5k in new markets. At least in Chicago they're at a point where they can go to the United Center more than once and do well above their average.

They'll need a hot card coming off All In but that was to be expected.

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Im surprised people think these tickets for All Out are struggling. Without a card and them just going on sale this past week they've already sold like 80% and this is with them gradually opening new sections. I'd have expected like maybe 4k or 5k especially with it being so close to All In

People talk about its drying up cause they going back to Chicago too often and Im like have you seen how they're doing drawing elsewhere? Its like 2-5k in new markets. At least in Chicago they're at a point where they can go to the United Center more than once and do well above their average.

1) Lot of stooge babble is fueling the talks about sluggish ticket sales for an event with no card a month and a half away
2) Prior to the debut episode of Collision, they hadn't been in Chicago for 7 months, which given their history is an eternity for them.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Let's wait and see because they are running small set ups for the United Center (though that's understandable for the Collision episode).

It's true they whiffed on both Revolution and DoN so Chicago is their safe bet. But they will once again gonna have to take a 7 month hiatus if they don't wanna over saturate that market once All Out is done :manny:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The content isn't episodic. There's nothing to look forward to but possibly great matches. And in the summer time you can catch them shyts later.

Just like a puro event, check it out later which doesn't help for Khan at all. Why produce wrestling that is just matches and yelling at each other. Might as well just look at an Indy at this point :francis:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
did they ever have Takeashyt explain why he linked up with Don Callis?
Breh, we still don't know why Sonny Kiss turned on Orange Cassidy. We don't OFFICIALLY know the name of Swerve's tatted up white boy. We don't know why Sammy Guevara randomly turned babyface. We don't know why Bryan Danielson continued to use the heel entrance. We don't know if Rick Ross is still Swerve's partner. We don't know why Swerve & Keith Lee haven't settled their feud. We don't know OFFICIALLY why Jade Cargill never used her champion's rematch clause. We don't know why ______________.

Follow up is NOT Tony Khan's strong suit.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
We look at an indy every Wednesday night, Breh.

Might as well say its a indy at this point. If Khan was smart, he can kill off the entire Indy scene and just host the shows at high school gyms. Nobody will ever notice, and more money from the gates :ehh: .

I swear I was watching a GCW event and looking at some Dub clips. I really couldn't tell the difference outside the logo, extra emphasis on the word "fukk" and non-Harlem Style movesets :dame:. Dude needs to restore the King's Road experience that AJPW died with :mjcry: