“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Over/Under on this weeks episode?

Let’s say 500k to make it somewhat easy. I’m still taking the under for shyts and giggles. Tony Khan is going to have to shift his “announcements” to Saturdays since Punk clearly can’t do it on his own.

“Punk needs more help” could be TSC’s version of “Lebron needs more help” :pachaha:

I say over, there's some nostalgia factor to seeing Punk vs Joe in a match again, plus people won't be burnt out from watching 3 hours of wrestling beforehand

"They HAVE to bring CM Punk back, he's a huge draw and means too much to the ratings not to"

What he meant to ratings about being gone for 7 yrs and going to war with WWE is not the same as he what he meant after 1 yr of an OK run in AEW, that should've been obvious.

you're not wrong but they have done an atrocious job of doing cliffhanger stories/endings to make you want to tune in the next week, and they've also been pretty lackadaisical in promoting/hyping Collision during Dynamite the last 2 weeks

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Dudes swore up and down Collision is the "A Show" now here come the excuses when the numbers start dropping like I predicted a page or two back....

But but but the product
But but but I enjoy both

Who cares, Not Elite can't keep up with WWE, even on WWE worst day...they're barely on Impacts! level....like I said I don't give a fukk the "reasons" aka excuses Khan won't go on Monday.... NFL isn't a year round sport, NFL shyt barely six months...Impact! Had the nuts to go against Raw...I said no matter how you feel or think, they (Impact) lasted longer than anyone expected (coming up on 1000 episodes)

Y'all so stuck in a fukking bubble, that when someone criticize, critique, comment about Aew that goes against y'all mob mentality you get butt hurt...

I think The Game isn't a great Booker, I have posted how hypocritical y'all and the IWC are for being all over his jock, but was quiet as a church mouse when he was getting spanked going up against Dynamite and losing to a rookie booker in Khan ..

Ain't no stan shyt, so save your circle jerk, echo chamber nonsense for someone who lacks common sense...

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
A New Show(collision), and It's Already Being Tape...yet The AEW Galaxy said it was the "A" Show...lol

When it does Rampage numbers, I wonder what the coping, and excuses will be
I was wrong, it wasn't a page or two back...it was three pages back

No need to quote... ignoring I was right is Acknowledgement Enough

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Dudes swore up and down Collision is the "A Show" now here come the excuses when the numbers start dropping like I predicted a page or two back....

But but but the product
But but but I enjoy both

Who cares, Not Elite can't keep up with WWE, even on WWE worst day...they're barely on Impacts! level....like I said I don't give a fukk the "reasons" aka excuses Khan won't go on Monday.... NFL isn't a year round sport, NFL shyt barely six months...Impact! Had the nuts to go against Raw...I said no matter how you feel or think, they (Impact) lasted longer than anyone expected (coming up on 1000 episodes)

Y'all so stuck in a fukking bubble, that when someone criticize, critique, comment about Aew that goes against y'all mob mentality you get butt hurt...

I think The Game isn't a great Booker, I have posted how hypocritical y'all and the IWC are for being all over his jock, but was quiet as a church mouse when he was getting spanked going up against Dynamite and losing to a rookie booker in Khan ..

Ain't no stan shyt, so save your circle jerk, echo chamber nonsense for someone who lacks common sense...
I feel like some of yall post here but are really just talking to Twitter cause there's no big contingent of AEW fans round here :pachaha:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
If 4th of July had landed on a Monday, y’all could slide with that “bu bu but it was 4th of July weekend” excuse.

The 4th landed on a Tuesday, get outta here with that weekend bullshyt.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is the guy who was saying he wasn’t going to stoop to CM Punk’s level :heh:

IMG-3936.jpg

He’s entertaining the crowd he’s performing for with no political bullshyt. Much differ than half a dollar Phil

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
"They HAVE to bring CM Punk back, he's a huge draw and means too much to the ratings not to"

What he meant to ratings about being gone for 7 yrs and going to war with WWE is not the same as he what he meant

Considering he wasnt on the show in any match and only popped till the end, this is might also a good example of why you would need him each week to keep ratings at a decent level on Saturday

Next week is gonna be telling vs Joe but they arent even advertising it then they've punted

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

But but but the product
But but but I enjoy both

If AEW cant keep up with WWE on its worst day why would you want them go against Raw thats just stupid, TNA never recovered from that.:dahell:
Impact just simply existing and bouncing around from seldom watched network to network and no crowds is not what AEW Wants to end up as even if they did get to 1000 episodes

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado

What he meant to ratings about being gone for 7 yrs and going to war with WWE is not the same as he what he meant after 1 yr of an OK run in AEW, that should've been obvious.
Would ratings be better or worse if CM Punk wasn't the main attraction? If Young Bucks and Punk swapped spots are the ratings better, worse, or similar?

There is no one on the AEW roster (or probably any roster) that is going to make a Saturday wrestling show regularly clear 650,000 or whatever barometer people would consider this as a success. Plenty of reasons to give punk shyt or criticize him but being mediocre in a spot that everyone else would be mediocre in as welldoesn't seem like one of them.

We really didn't and don't need more wrestling tv. And definitely no more B shows of B companies.
This.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Would ratings be better or worse if CM Punk wasn't the main attraction? If Young Bucks and Punk swapped spots are the ratings better, worse, or similar?

There is no one on the AEW roster (or probably any roster) that is going to make a Saturday wrestling show regularly clear 650,000 or whatever barometer people would consider this as a success. Plenty of reasons to give punk shyt or criticize him but being mediocre in a spot that everyone else would be mediocre in as welldoesn't seem like one of them.

This.

Like I said next week is the show you can shyt on Punk for the ratings if they go down again and that could happen.

This week with no hype of him doing anything meh

Now MJF on the other hand was billed heavily as making his Collision debut and well we're still not having the conversation about his drawing as champ:birdman:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This.

He means SOMETHING to the ratings. But now, a year into his run, when most of it has just been alright? He doesn't mean that much to ratings to where they just have to deal with him no matter what.

But I also don't want to talk too much sh1t because AEW having FOUR shows in the first place is so stupid. AEW's first 6 month run was so good in part because everything that mattered happened in that 2 hr slot. Everybody knows it kills the product quality to have a bunch of shows every week, it just becomes a collection of matches, but they feel they gotta take the money I guess.