“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
IMG-3936.jpg

this shyt right here is just comically bad ..... this trash will never get over on a mainstream level nor should it.

Dean Ambrose in WWE > whatever the fukk this John Moxley hot garbage has been outside of it

Last edited:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This timeslot was death from the get go. SNME this is not. Idk why people thought otherwise. It didn't help that this idiot trained his audience not to care about anything but Dynamite. His lack of effort in utilizing Battle of the belts and Rampage sullied the brand. It's self dilution at its finest.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I mean, unless you know the ins and outs of the deal. You dont know what Warner would be happy with.
1. The 50M isnt for one year. It's multiple years. Compare that how much it would cost Warner to license movies for those slots.
2. I imagine the ad revenue would be better on a new weekly product compared to running ads for a rerun.
3. Warner were the ones that approached AEW about a new show. So I'm sure they knew what to expect with the slot. Only idiots expected this to compete with dynamite ratings wise.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I mean, unless you know the ins and outs of the deal. You dont know what Warner would be happy with.
1. The 50M isnt for one year. It's multiple years. Compare that how much it would cost Warner to license movies for those slots.
2. I imagine the ad revenue would be better on a new weekly product compared to running ads for a rerun.
3. Warner were the ones that approached AEW about a new show. So I'm sure they knew what to expect with the slot. Only idiots expected this to compete with dynamite ratings wise.
Nah, TSC posters definitely know better :pachaha:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

I thought Tony Khan said this was just tacked on to their current deal which expires next year? So that would only be for this year until they re-negotiate the overall rights package

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's too much, too soon for AEW. I barely have time to watch any wrestling live on television, let alone 5 hours for a start up promotion.

I understand Tony is taking the money, but having three TV shows within 4 years is overkill to me.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It's too much, too soon for AEW. I barely have time to watch any wrestling live on television, let alone 5 hours for a start up promotion.

I understand Tony is taking the money, but having three TV shows within 4 years is overkill to me.

For Primetime maybe but we're also in new territory for a major wrestling company to grow.

What I mean by that is both WWF and WCW had multiple syndicated shows and primetime to build their audience up (Superstars, Challenge, Prime Time, Saturday Night Main Event etc) and their roster's profile. They got a lot of people to feature and build and move around and you need that secondary programming but obviously people are mostly used to primetime wrestling and maybe one or two shows so what do you do?
A year ago we complained how to utilize them outside of Dark to those with burn time.

We're now seeing what Wrestling is like without a WWE TV monopoly. Theres a lot out there even between just 3 companies with TV

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I thought Tony Khan said this was just tacked on to their current deal which expires next year? So that would only be for this year until they re-negotiate the overall rights package
You may be right. Seems Tony is purposely double talking with details in regards to Collision and the WB deal
“I’m not really supposed to get into all the specific details of the partnership with Warner Brothers Discovery, but I would say that the time that’s left on the previous deal, the current deal is the same duration is what we were doing before, and it’s a new deal,” Khan said. “It’s a different scope than what we previously had with Warner Brothers Discovery which is exciting for us.

“So it created a new opportunity for us to do another two hours of Saturday night live wrestling, and it’s really going to change the company, but the length of the deal is the same as what we started with when we signed the extension in early 2020 right before the lockdown.”

Found this from 21
AEW and WarnerMedia previously announced in January 2020 that they had extended their TV deal for Dynamite on TNT through 2023, and agreed on a new series that we now know is Rampage. It was reported at that time how that extension was for 4 years and $175 million, or just under $45 million per year. That deal reportedly included an option for TNT to re-sign AEW in 2024, at a significantly increased price.

Read More: New AEW – WarnerMedia TV Deal Reportedly Still Expires In 2023
If the extention was rumored to be 45M per year, that included Dynamite and Rampage. There is no way they paying 50M for a year of Collision.

I believe it was Dave that put out the 50M+ a year number for Collision? My guess is it was tacked on like you said. There was a "new deal" for it like Tony mentioned, but it was added to the 45M extension. So lets say WBD paying AEW 8M to air collision. There goes dave's 50M+ "reports".

That makes a lot more sense than them paying 50M for just collision.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
You may be right. Seems Tony is purposely double talking with details in regards to Collision and the WB deal

Found this from 21

If the extention was rumored to be 45M per year, that included Dynamite and Rampage. There is no way they paying 50M for a year of Collision.

I believe it was Dave that put out the 50M+ a year number for Collision? My guess is it was tacked on like you said. There was a "new deal" for it like Tony mentioned, but it was added to the 45M extension. So lets say WBD paying AEW 8M to air collision. There goes dave's 50M+ "reports".

That makes a lot more sense than them paying 50M for just collision.

Meltzer is just making "educated" guesses that might not even be realistic.

It still feels premature in terms of speculation for the next deal, especially when WBD will have more of a sample size for what a show like Collision will do over time. Not to mention I still don't know who WBD would be bidding against? So many of other options have WWE ties in some fashion. The guy in charge at WBD is such a whackjob it feels like any outcome is possible.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Safe to say we ALL miss the AEW where Hangman Adam Page was world champion. Hopefully soon come