“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Are we going to pretend that every wrestling fan is going out partying on the weekend? They basically got the same number Dynamite has been getting, and this was with the return of Punk and debuting a new show. Punk is always treated like he's on the same level as Hogan, Austin, and Rock, but the expectations for him are always mid-card level. 800k with no competition and a returning star is not a good number no matter how people try to spin it. Like I said, If WBD is fine with the number then that's all that matters.

You left out how they had to drastically reduce their ticket prices. They have a "3 for me" deal and the tickets range from 15-25 dollars.

The fact they got close to what their main show does on a weekday in primetime but on a Saturday instead which has never been a slot for primetime shows and usually is for live sports, with really only Punk as the main star (No Elite, Mox, Bryan, Sting, Jericho,MJF) AND was up against UFC fight night and the college world series is a good thing.
Its also being reported as a positive number by everyone including people that have no incentive to praise anything Punk or AEW related. Im sure the people who run the network and people who study these things have a better forecast than us on it. Honestly I would reccomend checking out showbuzz daily which posts broardcast and cable numbers and you can see on other Saturdays what shows that arent Fox News do overall and what shows top in the demo, anyone getting 800k-900k is happy for non sports. Realsitically going forward the show will probably settle into a 600-500k show going foward and against College Football, UFC and WWE PPVs probably the best they can do is what NXT is doing.

As for the tickets, everyone said weeks they were priced way too high especially as last minute announced shows in areas that already had Dynamite booked way before and people spending their money there. They should have kept the prices back to what they were in 2021 when they had their hot attendance run and they did. If Punk was a detriment to drawing like people say then even the reduced ticket prices woudlnt help but people wanna see him not at a ridiclous price north of $100 in some seating areas that arent even the floor

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
“I’m a Collision guy. I’m not supposed to be here.” :heh:

If this shyt isn’t leading to a feud these mu fukkas are petty high school divas. :scust:

Well, they're all going to be in Toronto and on the card for Forbidden Door. Probably could be an opportunity for everyone to clear the air.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
IMG-3897.jpg

Damn after all this time away this what the money mark cookin for no mil Phil? 😭

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
IMG-3897.jpg

Damn after all this time away this what the money mark cookin for no mil Phil? 😭
Wait a minute, TK really let the AssBoyz bully him during their negotiations :what: first he agreed to let them beat The Acclaimed for the tag titles, killing their buzz :why: AND then they got to feud with a returning Punk? He’s such a dweeb/mark for allowing JOBBERS to have power over him.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

...Dave ain't shyt.

This whole thing started with Page. Bucks wouldn't have even been involved if they hadn't thrown a fit about him going at Hangman, who himself was tryna stick up for Cabana.

Everyone needs to mind they own and stop tryna cape for their friends. Because it all just ends up convoluted. 'Punk attacked Page as proxy for the Jacksons!' ...for what it's worth, Phil been consistent about going at Page since before this even popped off, but now it's Juelzing about how this is some psyop?

Meltzer is cooked