“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Feels like everyone is trying to make it work but on the side, The Bucks tell Dave "I fukking HATE this guy" and Meltz goes :picard: and hits the panic button to drive more people to his content :mjlol:

It's probably still Jericho stirring :heh:

Did all that work just for Punk to sidestep him & decide to work somebody else in his return. Jericho probably said fukk it & went right back to sending shyt to Meltzer. It's the perfect setup too since everyone will just point at the Bucks & their crew after all the reports of Jericho trying to mend fences.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
800k with a returning Punk on a brand new show is not a good look. If TNT expects that number then there's no issue, but if they expect him to produce higher numbers than Dynamite then this was a kick to the balls. The reality is that they need to treat Dynamite and Rampage like the WWE treated RAW and Smackdown before the OG brand split. Both shows need to be treated like the A show and their talent needs to suck it up, and stop acting like wrestling 2x a week is torture. Collision should've never been a thing to begin with.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
When did Meltzer start acting so weird about AEW?

Meltzer was such a dikkeater for AEW at one point. It was at the point where it seemed like he was on the payroll. He didn’t even hide that he was choosing up. My brother was all in.

These days he seems to be on some weird shyt with them tho, and puts out a lot of unfavorable nonsense about them that be low key cap

When did this shift happen, and why?

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

Meltzer was such a dikkeater for AEW at one point. It was at the point where it seemed like he was on the payroll. He didn’t even hide that he was choosing up. My brother was all in.

These days he seems to be on some weird shyt with them tho, and puts out a lot of unfavorable nonsense about them that be low key cap

When did this shift happen, and why?

Him being regularly wrong and double talking about Punk happened.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It began early last year. When the Page vs Cole feud started and the Punk/Elite rift was something only they (and a couple of people, Dave included) knew about, plus WWE began to get really good numbers in attendance and slowly getting ratings back to a positive level.

Dave's narrative went from "AEW is clicking on all cylinders and WWE could be in trouble" to "WWE is doing great business right now and AEW has some stuff they gotta deal with".

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
800k with a returning Punk on a brand new show is not a good look. If TNT expects that number then there's no issue, but if they expect him to produce higher numbers than Dynamite then this was a kick to the balls. The reality is that they need to treat Dynamite and Rampage like the WWE treated RAW and Smackdown before the OG brand split. Both shows need to be treated like the A show and their talent needs to suck it up, and stop acting like wrestling 2x a week is torture. Collision should've never been a thing to begin with.

On what planet were they thinking a show on a Saturday that routinely goes up against the NCAA and UFC and people going out would do better than their weekday primetime show breh:comeon:

They like AEW enough that its a content filler for them and thats why they gave them a Saturday show but I think everyone has realsitic projections for the weekend slot

• Dap
Reactions: 907

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Punk finally showing up on TV has picked up the Canada show tickets. These were sitting on 2k a couple of days. Not sure about that Hamilton show but numbers looking healthy elsewhere

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
On what planet were they thinking a show on a Saturday that routinely goes up against the NCAA and UFC and people going out would do better than their weekday primetime show breh:comeon:

They like AEW enough that its a content filler for them and thats why they gave them a Saturday show but I think everyone has realsitic projections for the weekend slot.
Are we going to pretend that every wrestling fan is going out partying on the weekend? They basically got the same number Dynamite has been getting, and this was with the return of Punk and debuting a new show. Punk is always treated like he's on the same level as Hogan, Austin, and Rock, but the expectations for him are always mid-card level. 800k with no competition and a returning star is not a good number no matter how people try to spin it. Like I said, If WBD is fine with the number then that's all that matters.
Punk finally showing up on TV has picked up the Canada show tickets. These were sitting on 2k a couple of days. Not sure about that Hamilton show but numbers looking healthy elsewhere

You left out how they had to drastically reduce their ticket prices. They have a "3 for me" deal and the tickets range from 15-25 dollars.