“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The backstage reaction to the AEW return of CM Punk on the debut episode of Collision on June 17 has been revealed.

As well as main eventing the show alongside FTR with a win over Jay White, Juice Robinson and Samoa Joe, Punk also opened proceedings with a promo and got some things off his chest.

Obviously there was some reaction to this within AEW, with Fightful Select reporting that some people thought Punk was “hypocritical” for calling people soft after the comments he’d made about Hangman Page in the ESPN interview a day prior.

Fightful reported over the weekend and has since reiterated that Punk is planned to be at this week’s Dynamite in Chicago, meaning The Elite won’t be there and will only be appearing via pre-tape.

AEW has yet to officially announced Punk for the show.

All these social media mandates and the vets emphasizing the importance of keeping tight lips to dirtsheets, first promo back crybabies running to speed dial the Meltzers... :snoop: Punk was like lemme throw one sub to the Bucks in my promo and see if these guys still wanna act like females.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Looks like official number was 816k. Honestly thought they’d do about at least 850k because projections are usually lower than the actual numbers.

I see the marks are moving the goalposts now acting like people weren’t expecting 900k-1M for the first episode. :skip:

It was heavily advertised as punk's return to wrestling in almost a year. 816k is a little light for a premiere episode. :yeshrug:

It’d be interesting to see the quarter numbers. First quarter might’ve hit close to 1M. Wouldn’t be surprised if the main event took a nose dive since it was a 6 man tag. They would’ve been better off with a 1 on 1 match.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I see the marks are moving the goalposts now acting like people weren’t expecting 900k-1M for the first episode. :skip:
Only delusional ppl expected that number for a Saturday slot. :manny:

Im expected 600k is be the norm and that's decent for saturday.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
All these social media mandates and the vets emphasizing the importance of keeping tight lips to dirtsheets, first promo back crybabies running to speed dial the Meltzers... :snoop: Punk was like lemme throw one sub to the Bucks in my promo and see if these guys still wanna act like females.

If one asked Punk if "any members of the Elite had the same right to a gripe as he did", what do you think hed say?

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Only delusional ppl expected that number for a Saturday slot. :manny:

Im expected 600k is be the norm and that's decent for saturday.
The quarter hours will show they hit 1M or pretty close to it at a certain point, so it’s not an impossible number to attain.

Obviously it isn’t expected every week but for a premiere it was definitely within reach.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

So whats funny about this when the first outlet reported it, it was just Punk-Kenta match is off and everyone for a couple of minutes was like "Punk is a p*ssy etc hes being Hogan etc etc"

And then 5 minutes later it was revealed who backed up and the people who said all that were like "That aint what I was told" :mjlol: