“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
If anything Joe being in the match is the most random. FTR is feuding with Jay White & Juice Robinson since they had Ricky Starks back at the PPV when Bullet Club were beating Ricky down. Punk is a known associate with FTR, so him teaming up with them makes sense in that aspect. But I have no idea why Joe is there :russ:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
If anything Joe being in the match is the most random. FTR is feuding with Jay White & Juice Robinson since they had Ricky Starks back at the PPV when Bullet Club were beating Ricky down. Punk is a known associate with FTR, so him teaming up with them makes sense in that aspect. But I have no idea why Joe is there :russ:

Joe's history with Punk + him being rumored to be the first feud Punk has. Don't think he and Punk have shared a ring in nearly 20 years, and if Cagematch is accurate, Punk has never beaten Joe one on one.

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Joe's history with Punk + him being rumored to be the first feud Punk has. Don't think he and Punk have shared a ring in nearly 20 years, and if Cagematch is accurate, Punk has never beaten Joe one on one.
I get that, but that's all stuff that hasn't played out on AEW TV. For Joe to jump into this match just because Punk is in it is pretty random especially since he didn't do that when they were both active last year.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I get that, but that's all stuff that hasn't played out on AEW TV. For Joe to jump into this match just because Punk is in it is pretty random especially since he didn't do that when they were both active last year.

Guessing Snowman is expecting fans to connect the dots. Most people that watch the product probably are already aware of their history.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I think people downing Punk for the tickets being low are forgetting that this is a Saturday show that half the industry has already said will not be successful

People will not support this. The only shows that get good response are large PPV quality events, the fans know the difference.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Khan really managing to waste a whole month making 30 second announcements to book a 6 man where Joe is just there because of some shyt that happened 20 years ago in ROH with no explanation otherwise, while announcing nothing else for the show is peak Tony Khan booking. Only thing missing is this being some kind of stip match to start the feud before working backwards towards regular matches :heh:

Could have held off Swerve vs OC from last night & finally did Swerve vs Keith Lee on episode 1 with the winner getting OC on episode 2 :manny:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I think people downing Punk for the tickets being low are forgetting that this is a Saturday show that half the industry has already said will not be successful

People will not support this. The only shows that get good response are large PPV quality events, the fans know the difference.

The Chicago show has now sold out according to Jay White's IG
Not sure how the Canada shows will do especially with all this climate stuff in the Toronto/Monteral area but its kind of an overraction. The Dynamite this past week had over a 1000 tickets left unsold but a lot of the Elite stans were quiet on that