“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I haven't been following this whole thing.

Why does Punk need to apologize to The Bucks specifically? Can't these guys just move on and make millions with a head nod when walking by?

And what is with Dave and that one other guy being so important to reports? Everyone keeps citing Dave even though he's always half off and then has to pivot.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I can see WB seeing Punk as a very important piece to the AEW puzzle. The dude just prints money. But seeing that $50 million dollar figure, God in Heaven!

Gonna need more info on what the timeslot will be. Gotta know if it's a viable slot. If it's 10 on Saturday and taped after Dynamite, that would suck. But if it's at like 7/8 and shown live, that would be perfect.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Punk and the young cucks- Tony probably tried to reason with the Elite and say look the network really really really wants him instead of having the balls to say - I want him here because this company needs to be successful and you 3 are ratings cancer.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I can see WB seeing Punk as a very important piece to the AEW puzzle. The dude just prints money. But seeing that $50 million dollar figure, God in Heaven!
That’s just speculation by Meltzer. WBD was looking to cut costs so don’t know where they’d get $50M from.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gonna need more info on what the timeslot will be. Gotta know if it's a viable slot. If it's 10 on Saturday and taped after Dynamite, that would suck. But if it's at like 7/8 and shown live, that would be perfect.
The network went through this once before with Cody. They according to him were calling him and begging him to stay trying to find ways to make it work and offer more so he wouldn't leave. They don't want a repeat in their eyes again (even if CM Punk has no chance back in WWE) they know he's the star they have signed and that ratings have gone up with him. Tony's not fooling anyone with his cage ratings.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

Why does Punk need to apologize to The Bucks specifically? Can't these guys just move on and make millions with a head nod when walking by?

And what is with Dave and that one other guy being so important to reports? Everyone keeps citing Dave even though he's always half off and then has to pivot.

He threw a chair that hit one of the Bucks in the head after shytting on them in the press conference.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
That’s just speculation by Meltzer. WBD was looking to cut costs so don’t know where they’d get $50M from.

From the stuff they canned to cut costs maybe. If they somehow whiff on the NBA deal (Not likely), AEW bout to be for turner what Ridiculousness is for MTV :pachaha:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Dave gets cited a lot cuz he been doing the dirt sheet shyt for like 30 years :manny:
A lot of his shyt is most just "i think........."
Least with SRS he doesnt report shyt as news til he has confirmation.

Also on the millions part - Apparently one of this dirt sheets (maybe Dave :mjlol:) said there really wouldnt be extra money for the wrestlers like ppl assume. The way Khan has contracts setup up, they get the same amount of money no matter what as far as base salary. Merchandise will be about the same too apparently. They may see a slight bump depending on how much merch they sale. It's why guys like Rusev and say fukk jobbing to someone, sit at home and still get paid the same. Guys have no incentive to bow to Tony's demands, they can sit at home and get paid the same. Especially when Tony refuses to cut ppl. WWE's contracts dont work like that.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Dave gets cited a lot cuz he been doing the dirt sheet shyt for like 30 years :manny:
A lot of his shyt is most just "i think........."
Least with SRS he doesnt report shyt as news til he has confirmation.

Also on the millions part - Apparently one of this dirt sheets (maybe Dave :mjlol:) said there really wouldnt be extra money for the wrestlers like ppl assume. The way Khan has contracts setup up, they get the same amount of money no matter what as far as base salary. Merchandise will be about the same too apparently. They may see a slight bump depending on how much merch they sale. It's why guys like Rusev and say fukk jobbing to someone, sit at home and still get paid the same. Guys have no incentive to bow to Tony's demands, they can sit at home and get paid the same. Especially when Tony refuses to cut ppl. WWE's contracts dont work like that.

There's probably going to be some restructuring of contracts once the next TV deal kicks in, since AEW is probably going to be paid 2-3x more on the next deal by WBD.