“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
He'd have bungled this too. Dude is much closer to Russo than he is to Heyman.

Just like Bret. Bischoff was given the biggest story in wrestling at that time (Screwjob) on top of the best storyline (Hogan/Sting) and managed to fukk both of those up at Starcade.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During his Hall of Fame podcast this week, Booker T discussed AEW bringing in CM Punk for the AEW All In event at Wembley Stadium later this year, noting that AEW is going to “need some firepower” to pull off a stadium show. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

“If I’m thinking about Wembley, and I’m thinking about MJF, I’m definitely thinking about CM Punk. I mean, there’s a guy that everybody’s thinking about tentatively, potentially coming back and making that thing happen. There’s a lot of talk on the internet right now. I was reading FTR was saying that Punk’s the best in the business and he’s ready to come back. Punk’s got a spokesperson pushing for him to get back into it. That’s a good thing. So, I don’t know, man. Wembley, that’s a big stadium, so they’re going to need some firepower to take into that stadium to really pull that thing off.”
Booker T’s co-host, Brad Gilmore, also suggested AEW bring in WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg as a special attraction for Wembley. Booker T agreed with the idea, but he cautioned that the AEW fanbase might like the idea of bringing in Goldberg.

It’s recently been rumored that Punk might be negotiating a comeback with AEW following a falling out with management that took place last year in the aftermath of a backstage incident that took place after AEW All Out 2022. AEW All In 2023 is scheduled for August 27 at Wembley Stadium in London.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Does anyone have a clue on WHY FTR was working the fans and the sheets for 4 months? Was anyone that invested in their contractual situation that they needed to create a bunch of worked shoot bullshyt and keep it going and going even after it was reported clearly that they had re-signed with AEW?

Wrestlers should not be trying to create their own work-shoot angles over Twitter and podcasts, it's garbage.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone have a clue on WHY FTR was working the fans and the sheets for 4 months? Was anyone that invested in their contractual situation that they needed to create a bunch of worked shoot bullshyt and keep it going and going even after it was reported clearly that they had re-signed with AEW?

Wrestlers should not be trying to create their own work-shoot angles over Twitter and podcasts, it's garbage.

It was literally just to build drama to their match with the Gunns a few weeks ago where they put their AEW careers on the line

a match that did ZERO numbers in the ratings so all that bullshyt they did on Twitter and in the podcast didn't add a damn thing

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
nah, this whole shyt is hillarious

BIGGEST mad

Alvarez looked like he was gonna cry.

Attention starved.

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was literally just to build drama to their match with the Gunns a few weeks ago where they put their AEW careers on the line

a match that did ZERO numbers in the ratings so all that bullshyt they did on Twitter and in the podcast didn't add a damn thing

Motherfukkers think they are more over than they truly are, like the majority of that roster.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

My guess is they got it in their minds that Tony'n'em wasn't going to promote them because they weren't in the 'club', so they tried to go about making their own buzz, but went about it in a way that didn't work.

Tbh, you can see similar conceptualization from MJF, The Acclaimed, etc. Of trying to make their own buzzes through their online presence, because the official AEW account and the other powers ain't gonna push you as much as a teaser for the next Being the Elite, or what Tony had for breakfast.

That said, they went about it wrong. But it was the only interest that was on them for a while - would they go back or wouldn't they. They played the hand they were dealt... was just a shytty hand