“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
But the point is Punk causes so much drama that even if there was bloodline level storytelling going on, his BS would overshadow it

Dude has a problem with everyone in the business. At some point you have to just say fukk him, he isn’t worth all the drama.

I agree that TK needs to just say dude is gone and not coming back but I bet it’s a legal issue. He probably has something in his contract that states he has gaurentee money or something.

Also Punk isn’t the draw he thinks he is. He is popular inside a bubble, and whatever popularity he had has soured after his latest hissy fit.
That doesn’t make any sense. Even if he still had to get paid theres no obligation to like, not tell the public his status.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
It's not about Mox leaving AEW as champion, it's about putting all the weight of the company on a guy that's basically doing you a solid. Mox is champ and comes up with a really dumb idea for an angle with Punk and what is Tony gonna say but "yes"? It's bad enough when the booker wants to be friends with all his top talent and now he puts himself in a position were he feels he owes someone he doesn't even have under contract :dead:

And Mox was going to sign anyway. In the Renee interview he basically said he was very happy working with the BCC and realized being sober was great -staying sober was the main reason he didn't want to sign a contract in the first place-, and he fukking hates WWE so there's no risk of him leaving long term if you don't give him the world title at that point.

And again, Tony tried this shyt with Cody months prior to this and it didn't work, at all. So by June 2022 there was no good reason to tie the bookers hands by having Mox as champ. He had other options that would've been good enough to keep shyt going till All Out.

I agree. To be honest though, who would they have put the title on in a transitional role? At that point, Punk wouldn't work with Hangman. Omega was injured/just returning. I guess the only other options would've been Jericho or Danielson.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I agree. To be honest though, who would they have put the title on in a transitional role? At that point, Punk wouldn't work with Hangman. Omega was injured/just returning. I guess the only other options would've been Jericho or Danielson.
Throw an audible and have some midcard/upper midcarder have it; maybe someone who may be unexpected. That way they have Punk take time off to heal up as much as he can and at least get a quick storyline/feud outta it the transitional champ with “I was only champ for a few weeks. I want the top spot again.”

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Danielson was out with a concussion.

The best bet would've been either a feel good short run Penta or Darby. Or a short heel run with Malakai or Miro.

I think Joe was injured too, but if he wasn't he could've been the best bet considering a Punk vs Joe title match would've been very interesting to see.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Throw an audible and have some midcard/upper midcarder have it; maybe someone who may be unexpected. That way they have Punk take time off to heal up as much as he can and at least get a quick storyline/feud outta it the transitional champ with “I was only champ for a few weeks. I want the top spot again.”

Danielson was out with a concussion.

The best bet would've been either a feel good short run Penta or Darby. Or a short heel run with Malakai or Miro.

I think Joe was injured too, but if he wasn't he could've been the best bet considering a Punk vs Joe title match would've been very interesting to see.

I feel like TK is very protective on who they give that title to. I agree that they could've given it to an upper mid-carder like Darby and been fine, but hot shotting the title to someone not even in the championship discussion isn't a good look either. What they ended up doing hot potatoing the belt between Punk and Moxley was dumber, even in hindsight.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I feel like TK is very protective on who they give that title to. I agree that they could've given it to an upper mid-carder like Darby and been fine, but hot shotting the title to someone not even in the championship discussion isn't a good look either. What they ended up doing hot potatoing the belt between Punk and Moxley was dumber, even in hindsight.
Darby or Penta woulda been good choices. I mean, those dudes been taking Ls like nothing and don’t even feel the effect; they’re so over it doesn’t really bother their appeal or character.

shyt, TK coulda had them lose by having someone interfere. That way they can move on to the next feud and it won’t be a bad look to take them outta the title picture.

Kokane Khan should hire some of us to book this shyt. It’s not rocket science. :snoop:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Darby or Penta woulda been good choices. I mean, those dudes been taking Ls like nothing and don’t even feel the effect; they’re so over it doesn’t really bother their appeal or character.

shyt, TK coulda had them lose by having someone interfere. That way they can move on to the next feud and it won’t be a bad look to take them outta the title picture.

Kokane Khan should hire some of us to book this shyt. It’s not rocket science. :snoop:
Agreed giving the title to Darby or even for fukk sakes Jungleboy would have been a better choice at the time but it worked out in the long run I guess

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Looking at this objectively, here is the timeline:

-Big storyline of the summer is supposed to be Punk and MJF feuding over the title
-Punk gets injured when he gets the strap and they ready to pop off the MJF feud again
-Moxley is chosen as placeholder
-MJF put on ice to save him for when Punk comes back
-Punk is back, and while the plans have lagged, you can still have Punk leaving All Out with the belt again, and can go into MJF in the fall
-Moxley doesn't want to pass the belt back to Punk without getting a win first, tries to politic a Rocky rematch idea, with only 3 weeks of build, and Punk wanting to fully rest up until the PPV.
-TK says they're doing it, so Punk does it, despite making no sense.

Moxley should have done business, needed to realize he was place holding for a bigger angle between 2 hotter wrestlers. There was no need for the squash, Mox didn't need it, took major shine off Punk's return, which takes shine off Punk and MJF. Got blessed with rehab and a title run he wasn't scheduled for, all while working without an extension. "I'm bending over in this situation" breh no you weren't, see the bigger picture. It was always supposed be Punk holding in the Summer and the big feud was with MJF.

Further proof of TK being a shytty booker, letting the wrestlers run shyt with their goofy Hulk Hogan creative control pitches.
Truth be told, Moxley has shown to be egomaniacal and entitled too. He tries to hide it well though. Even if Punk thought the Rocky 3 idea was trash as the champ he still went along with it and gave Moxley what he wanted.

Moxley didn’t wanna lose to Punk at All Out. shyt, he ain’t wanna drop the belt to MJF too at Full Gear last year when it was already planned.

Moxley is a major mark for himself and he shouldn’t be making any creative decisions at all. :pachaha:

But Tony Kahn allows the inmates the run the asylum and this is what happens.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Truth be told, Moxley has shown to be egomaniacal and entitled too. He tries to hide it well though. Even if Punk thought the Rocky 3 idea was trash as the champ he still went along with it and gave Moxley what he wanted.

Moxley didn’t wanna lose to Punk at All Out. shyt, he ain’t wanna drop the belt to MJF too at Full Gear last year when it was already planned.

Moxley is a major mark for himself and he shouldn’t be making any creative decisions at all. :pachaha:

But Tony Kahn allows the inmates the run the asylum and this is what happens.

That's why a mark should never make all the decisions.

Tony needed a veteran backstage man from the start.....oh wait... He had Cody but ran him off. :mjlol: