“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Because no one gives a fukk. Imagine Al Pacino gets in a fight with Burt Reynolds or something and people being like, “why are you talking about this? The godfather is an incredible movie.”

Cm punk vs the bucks is the only thing that has any juice. Not Omega vs someone no one has ever heard of, not MJF, not DB wrestling bums, not Moxley killing himself, not Jade, or Paige, or Britt, not Warldow, not Jericho and the bums in his stable, not wheeler fukking yuta or Daniel Garcia, not Orange Cassidy, none of them.

It doesn't NEED to be that way. But Tony is incapable of booking an angle that people care about so I think it would behoove him to take advantage of this situation. All these people that claim they'll walk out or won't work with punk it's bullshyt. Where are they gonna go?

Edit: if they're fine being souped-up ROH or luxury TNA that's fine as well. But say that.

Also, Tony could just come out and say cm punk will not be coming back and put an end to all of this.
But the point is Punk causes so much drama that even if there was bloodline level storytelling going on, his BS would overshadow it

Dude has a problem with everyone in the business. At some point you have to just say fukk him, he isn’t worth all the drama.

I agree that TK needs to just say dude is gone and not coming back but I bet it’s a legal issue. He probably has something in his contract that states he has gaurentee money or something.

Also Punk isn’t the draw he thinks he is. He is popular inside a bubble, and whatever popularity he had has soured after his latest hissy fit.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It made sense for Snowman to go with Mox.. if Mox was under contract. Mox had a history of spiking ratings for AEW and most of the top guys were out, injured ect..

But to put the belt on a guy that doesn't have a deal, that's pretty stupid.
Yeah but at the same time you build trust with another top guy and make him feel wanted :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah but at the same time you build trust with another top guy and make him feel wanted :manny:
Worked wonders with Cody like 5 months before :heh:

The booker/promoter should never feel like he "owes" talent anything. You give the belt to a free agent while your whole top talent is out with injuries you will feel obligated to that talent...and that's gonna tight your hands. In this case, it lead to Tony pushing Punk back early and making the internal backstage drama that was already brewing, worse.

Mox was taken care of while he was on rehab and he was put in stable with people he considers friends and mentors (Regal and Danielson). He didn't need another "gesture" by Tony at that point.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
But the point is Punk causes so much drama that even if there was bloodline level storytelling going on, his BS would overshadow it
It's tonys job to manage that. If everyone is making money And the locker room is as great as everyone claims it to be they should have no problem managing that.
I agree that TK needs to just say dude is gone and not coming back but I bet it’s a legal issue. He probably has something in his contract that states he has gaurentee money or something.
I don't get what legal issue could prevent Tony from saying her not coming back. Either punk is going to get paid to stay home or he's going to be fired for cause.
Also Punk isn’t the draw he thinks he is. He is popular inside a bubble, and whatever popularity he had has soured after his latest hissy fit.
People will tune in to see what he's going to do. He needs to come back as a heel. I also don't know that he's the draw he thinks he is but id argue that neither is anyone else in aew.

Rayzah

Daps
It's tonys job to manage that. If everyone is making money And the locker room is as great as everyone claims it to be they should have no problem managing that.

I don't get what legal issue could prevent Tony from saying her not coming back. Either punk is going to get paid to stay home or he's going to be fired for cause.

People will tune in to see what he's going to do. He needs to come back as a heel. I also don't know that he's the draw he thinks he is but id argue that neither is anyone else in aew.
Naw these are grown men and punk is 45. He shouldn’t be picking fights with talent anymore. Tony does need an older authority figure around because someone like punk isn’t going to listen to him.

Notice how the locker room started to fall apart once Punk showed up. Before that it was nothing but great stories of how everyone was so happy.

Yea people will tune in to see what punk does but after a few months they won’t care anymore. You don’t want to rely on people like punk. AEW needs to continue trying to get their own talent over.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Notice how the locker room started to fall apart once Punk showed up. Before that it was nothing but great stories of how everyone was so happy.
You may be right but I think when the people that are supposed to report on these sorts of things are in the pocket of the executive team it's easier to keep a lid on this stuff.
AEW needs to continue trying to get their own talent over.
Who did you have in mind?

Rayzah

Daps
You may be right but I think when the people that are supposed to report on these sorts of things are in the pocket of the executive team it's easier to keep a lid on this stuff.

Who did you have in mind?
MJF can be a star and Kenny omega has the best big match style matches. They just have to find a really good long term storyline to get them in. I think they have something with the elite and BCC. MJF is close but he relies too much on shock value.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
MJF can be a star and Kenny omega has the best big match style matches. They just have to find a really good long term storyline to get them in. I think they have something with the elite and BCC. MJF is close but he relies too much on shock value.
Kenny's too content to run around and play grab ass with the young bucks. Mjf just hasn't been very entertaining since coming back. I hope I'm wrong and some memorable angles are produced by aew.