“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Naw these are grown men and punk is 45. He shouldn’t be picking fights with talent anymore. Tony does need an older authority figure around because someone like punk isn’t going to listen to him.

Notice how the locker room started to fall apart once Punk showed up. Before that it was nothing but great stories of how everyone was so happy.

Yea people will tune in to see what punk does but after a few months they won’t care anymore. You don’t want to rely on people like punk. AEW needs to continue trying to get their own talent over.
Dude got Mark Henry & Big Show on the roster and still can't punk people :snoop:

I'd have them nikkas in the locker room shutting all that bullshyt down :birdman:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I don't see the big deal about Moxley being champion without a contract. Moxley ain't the type of dude to take the belt and run, and he definitely wasn't going back to WWE with all the stuff he's been doing outside of AEW. He was always going to re-sign. The only uncertainty was for how long. He even said himself that he just didn't want to sign a long-term contract coming out of rehab because he wasn't sure if he'd relapse due to just being around wrestling. If he did, he was going to retire.

TK basically got him to sign by putting the title on him and signing Renee too. I said in the Dynamite thread last week that my theory is that he's going to do the same with FTR in a few weeks too.

Silkk

Daps
I don't see the big deal about Moxley being champion without a contract. Moxley ain't the type of dude to take the belt and run, and he definitely wasn't going back to WWE with all the stuff he's been doing outside of AEW. He was always going to re-sign. The only uncertainty was for how long. He even said himself that he just didn't want to sign a long-term contract coming out of rehab because he wasn't sure if he'd relapse due to just being around wrestling. If he did, he was going to retire.

TK basically got him to sign by putting the title on him and signing Renee too. I said in the Dynamite thread last week that my theory is that he's going to do the same with FTR in a few weeks too.
Then TK is a pushover ass faggit. Assboys likely only re-signed for the belts.

We’ll see how things go with FTR….

Silkk

Daps
Not disagreeing with that. Cokeboy has done similar things in the past, and I'm sure other promotors have as well.
Who ever held up Vince to get a belt?

The only one we know for sure was JJ and that was to get an advance on his royalty pay.

Daps
:francis: So he got issues with Mox too…..:snoop:
Punk is miserable, but all the dudes he has issues with are lame and corny and think they're really out here being great wrestlers like that when they're totally dependent on immersion-breaking spots (Bucks) or blading (Moxley).

Seems like a bunch of ego'd up B+ players hating on one another. Except for C+ Hangman and the D- Bucks.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Looking at this objectively, here is the timeline:

-Big storyline of the summer is supposed to be Punk and MJF feuding over the title
-Punk gets injured when he gets the strap and they ready to pop off the MJF feud again
-Moxley is chosen as placeholder
-MJF put on ice to save him for when Punk comes back
-Punk is back, and while the plans have lagged, you can still have Punk leaving All Out with the belt again, and can go into MJF in the fall
-Moxley doesn't want to pass the belt back to Punk without getting a win first, tries to politic a Rocky rematch idea, with only 3 weeks of build, and Punk wanting to fully rest up until the PPV.
-TK says they're doing it, so Punk does it, despite making no sense.

Moxley should have done business, needed to realize he was place holding for a bigger angle between 2 hotter wrestlers. There was no need for the squash, Mox didn't need it, took major shine off Punk's return, which takes shine off Punk and MJF. Got blessed with rehab and a title run he wasn't scheduled for, all while working without an extension. "I'm bending over in this situation" breh no you weren't, see the bigger picture. It was always supposed be Punk holding in the Summer and the big feud was with MJF.

Further proof of TK being a shytty booker, letting the wrestlers run shyt with their goofy Hulk Hogan creative control pitches.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

It's not about Mox leaving AEW as champion, it's about putting all the weight of the company on a guy that's basically doing you a solid. Mox is champ and comes up with a really dumb idea for an angle with Punk and what is Tony gonna say but "yes"? It's bad enough when the booker wants to be friends with all his top talent and now he puts himself in a position were he feels he owes someone he doesn't even have under contract :dead:

And Mox was going to sign anyway. In the Renee interview he basically said he was very happy working with the BCC and realized being sober was great -staying sober was the main reason he didn't want to sign a contract in the first place-, and he fukking hates WWE so there's no risk of him leaving long term if you don't give him the world title at that point.

And again, Tony tried this shyt with Cody months prior to this and it didn't work, at all. So by June 2022 there was no good reason to tie the bookers hands by having Mox as champ. He had other options that would've been good enough to keep shyt going till All Out.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking at this objectively, here is the timeline:

-Big storyline of the summer is supposed to be Punk and MJF feuding over the title
-Punk gets injured when he gets the strap and they ready to pop off the MJF feud again
-Moxley is chosen as placeholder
-MJF put on ice to save him for when Punk comes back
-Punk is back, and while the plans have lagged, you can still have Punk leaving All Out with the belt again, and can go into MJF in the fall
-Moxley doesn't want to pass the belt back to Punk without getting a win first, tries to politic a Rocky rematch idea, with only 3 weeks of build, and Punk wanting to fully rest up until the PPV.
-TK says they're doing it, so Punk does it, despite making no sense.

Moxley should have done business, needed to realize he was place holding for a bigger angle between 2 hotter wrestlers. There was no need for the squash, Mox didn't need it, took major shine off Punk's return, which takes shine off Punk and MJF. Got blessed with rehab and a title run he wasn't scheduled for, all while working without an extension. "I'm bending over in this situation" breh no you weren't, see the bigger picture. It was always supposed be Punk holding in the Summer and the big feud was with MJF.

Further proof of TK being a shytty booker, letting the wrestlers run shyt with their goofy Hulk Hogan creative control pitches.

Khan probably says YES to everybody backstage when they ask him for something
Meanwhile guys like Miro and moxley tell him NO
While guys like Punk shyt on his company at press conferences while he sits right there

Jericho and Moxley should just be EVPs the way khan does whatever they want, Cody got the fukk out as soon as he saw an exit