“AEW locker room is SAD & EMBARRASSED over CM Punk situation.” | UPDATE: “CM PUNK PUT MY SAFETY, SECURITY & LIFE IN DANGER! HE’S FIRED!” - TONY KHAN

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn’t from either
Thanks for clarifying. Would be interesting if true. I know Dave knows Punk will go to lawyers if he has to so I'm guessing he h
Punk spots were the most watched before he got hurt. The return on AEW TV should be their second highest # besides debut so if nothing was great then AEW hasn't had a single great thing since the debut episode

You need programs to make stars, stories fleshed out over multiple weeks that keeps the audience hooked. That's the booker's job, can't put it all on Phillip, he wrestled programs with Darby and Hobbs with zero follow through. But truth be told he shouldn't have come in happy and lucky wanting to wrestle smaller names, that's how they dropped the ball with him in the first place.
Frankly, from the start the plan should have been heel Daniel Bryan (whether Bryan wants to be champ or not) vs Punk and then Punk as champion vs MJF...put MJF over, long program between the two, major blow off at their main PPV etc. I have no idea how AEW signed Daniel Bryan and Punk within such a short time from each other and the plan was never to have them face off as THE guys in the ring. The only thing I can think of is politics and crap booking. Fans went crazy waiting for Bryan vs Punk part II in WWE knowing the ROH history and you have both of them in AEW and never pull the trigger on a world title feud between the two?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Punk spots were the most watched before he got hurt. The return on AEW TV should be their second highest # besides debut so if nothing was great then AEW hasn't had a single great thing since the debut episode

You need programs to make stars, stories fleshed out over multiple weeks that keeps the audience hooked. That's the booker's job, can't put it all on Phillip, he wrestled programs with Darby and Hobbs with zero follow through. But truth be told he shouldn't have come in happy and lucky wanting to wrestle smaller names, that's how they dropped the ball with him in the first place.

Punk return from the knee injury was a big disappointment already. I feel the novelty of this ‘real’ story is overstated.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I’d trust Dave Meltzer’s word over that of a pro wrestler that talks to him too. Meltzer reported what happened at Brawl Out from Punk side too. Remember when Larry was “injured”? Just like Bischoff always complains about Meltzer but go on YouTube and pull up Bischoff on Observer Live from the 90s and Eric and Dave sound like guys that talk all the time

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
Tony is also to blame for listening to Mox and just going with whatever dumb idea he has. It was said during the build to All Out and remains true today.
I agree, I don't think Mox has the best instincts for "best for business"... But I don't think he's a "not gonna work for me brother" type of guy either.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Probably the most interesting thing on the Fightful thing. Kenny seems cool with everything :manny:
78becbf5bb3a1f6a67fbedb8ca2c3868.png

Mox and Punk part
d70286e03d45741c26c16bb951b76ca8.png

Rest of it is mostly rehash.

2b6e4da0ad62cdf6af1edd9148597a4c.png

f3618a62f27a7283778b684b8a5f384a.png